blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 1236 1237 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180370 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18480 on: June 27, 2019, 03:35:59 PM »

Clever people!

“Modern times. A google search containing words 'Boris Johnson Bus' will now not bring up his £350m lie. This is now buried behind pages of 'I make model buses' quotes that suggest the eccentric fellow has odd hobbies. Simple manipulation.”

Keep up!  Smiley

Maybe Boris' hobbies weren't as random as we thought, although this would mean that we'd have to credit him with next level strategic thinking.

https://twitter.com/BeffernieBlack/status/1143808921074843648

Keep up back, posted it before you yesterday :-)

If you did you hid it well, as I still can't find it.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18481 on: June 27, 2019, 03:37:41 PM »

Boris in 2013 said this

I saw this after "cardboard buses"

Made me think this might be what he is up to

here. the image is the screenshot from the tweet

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18482 on: June 27, 2019, 03:40:32 PM »

Tom Watson and dozens of Labour MPs denounce the reinstatement decision for Chris Williamson the anti-semite  and put blame at Jeremy Corbyn’s door

All well and good, but we already know that Corbyn will ignore this, so the real question is what is the 'or else' that will follow this?

Some of the signatories, including Tom Watson, openly campaigned for the anti-semitic candidate, Lisa Forbes, in the Peterborough by-election, so words mean little if not followed up by action.

Many of them are unwilling to leave the party, as the original Change UK breakaway had hoped, but at the very least they need to be prepared to split away from the leadership within the HoC and sit as a separate bloc within Parliament.  Potentially, if the numbers are there, they could arguably topple Corbyn as official LOTO that way.  I'm not sure what other options they have left.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18483 on: June 27, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »

And it keeps coming

Brexit: Japanese foreign minister warns against no-deal

Japanese companies in the UK will be threatened by a no-deal Brexit, Japan's foreign minister has warned.

Taro Kono told the Today programme that some companies have already started moving their operation to others parts of Europe.

"We do not want to disrupt the economic relationship with the UK. We've been asking the UK government to let the Japanese companies know what to expect."

interview on this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-48784175/brexit-japanese-foreign-minister-warns-against-no-deal

In the same slot the head of Fujitsu in the UK made it clear they wouldn't be transferring anything out of the UK irrespective of outcomes and that they had been working with government on max fac type approaches to the Irish border. Won't get many mentions I imagine

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18484 on: June 27, 2019, 04:15:50 PM »

^ it wasn't mentioned on the bbc website! :-)

out 30 mins ago New Astra will only be made at Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Port plant “conditional on final terms” of Brexit... ie not under No Deal terms... first time we’ve heard that as an a priori condition...

not diesel, nor China - its “conditional” on the Brexit terms of trade. Remember that tariffs of 10 per cent would apply on UK auto exports under No Deal (and imports too under Government’s announced “temporary” regime) - it is what WTO terms means here

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18485 on: June 27, 2019, 05:23:55 PM »

Yep wasn’t mentioned on the super neutral bbc website

Vauxhall trying to drive UK government policy?

Let’s hope that’s as powerful as driving an Astra.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18486 on: June 27, 2019, 05:39:15 PM »

My enquiry on here last weekend as to whether the bbc (news/website/radio/tv) instinctively was pro-remain,pro-leave (i see it argued both ways) or balanced didn't receive a single response :-(

thought it was a genuinely interesting question too!

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18487 on: June 27, 2019, 06:13:06 PM »

My enquiry on here last weekend as to whether the bbc (news/website/radio/tv) instinctively was pro-remain,pro-leave (i see it argued both ways) or balanced didn't receive a single response :-(

My feeling is that they aren’t biased. It’s one of those interesting ones where almost nothing suffers from greater observer bias than ‘is **** biased against my interest?’. Classic examples are sports officiating and media coverage of politics. My feeling is that the BBC supports the incumbent position, stability and the status quo but I wouldn’t say I think it’s biased along political lines.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18488 on: June 27, 2019, 06:24:41 PM »

I think they are intrinsically slightly biased - one assumes they don't generally employ thick racist scum.

Kuku's point has relevance though in that Brexit supporters are aiming to upset the status quo (without persuasive plans) and so this position, perhaps inevitably, gets more scrutiny and cry-speaking than the solid do nothing approach.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18489 on: June 27, 2019, 07:19:39 PM »

The news content may be pretty finely balanced, but with very few exceptions performers on tv/radio programmes with a hint of ‘satire’ see Brexiteers as a safe target. Should such programmes be balanced? Probably not, but it’s all getting a bit lazy.
Yes Kumar, that includes you.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #18490 on: June 27, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »

Leaving under the terms of the WA is acceptable to some, me included. Gets us out, a stepping stone until technology solves the border issue..and allows other stuff to be negotiated.

...and now it seems 26+ Labour MP's would probably vote for this. Finally seeing the light there is nothing in the WA that Labour should find so objectionable to warrant the crisis of this cliff edge. 

The million dollar question is if Boris can somehow get a bit of movement on the backstop to bring along the ERG........then bingo we move into transition and then talk about the future.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:17:25 PM by ripple11 » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18491 on: June 27, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »

Whilst I don't think there's overt bias in their coverage, they'd be susceptible to the soft bias of the fact many of their employees are of a similar background (middle class, university types) and so would have a similar outlook on life - the main reason the Brexit result would have been such a shock to them.

Kukushin is right in that, in trying to be as impartial as they can, the BBC will instinctively avoid taking positions on issues at all, which inevitably leads to a pro-continuity/status quo position.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18492 on: June 27, 2019, 11:22:25 PM »

Leaving under the terms of the WA is acceptable to some, me included. Gets us out, a stepping stone until technology solves the border issue..and allows other stuff to be negotiated.

...and now it seems 26+ Labour MP's would probably vote for this. Finally seeing the light there is nothing in the WA that Labour should find so objectionable to warrant the crisis of this cliff edge. 
 The million dollar question is if Boris can somehow get a bit of movement on the backstop to bring along the ERG........then bingo we move into transition and then talk about the future.

This isn’t meant as a criticism but this is a very pro Tory shout (maybe it’s pragmatic). They have us in a massive hole, no government ever put us in a bigger hole.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18493 on: June 28, 2019, 08:01:08 AM »

This isn’t meant as a criticism but this is a very pro Tory shout (maybe it’s pragmatic). They have us in a massive hole, no government ever put us in a bigger hole.

What hole exactly are we in?

As for the BBC being even and fair, well.........whilst I lolled, you only have to look at Simon McCoy and the post about the bus. Norman Smith is also hilariously so Pro Labour its  . When in the office, we all sit together shaking our heads at lunchtime at some of his comments.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18494 on: June 28, 2019, 08:28:42 AM »

Given the way we voted and where we are now, I would call it a national interest shout personally.

If Corbyn had thought about that perhaps his own party wouldn’t have slumped in the polls as well as the Tories.

Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 1236 1237 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: