blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198190 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18765 on: July 10, 2019, 04:02:09 PM »

Do we know what Trump's advice actually was?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #18766 on: July 10, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »

Wasn’t it to sue the EU?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18767 on: July 10, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »

Post referendum a united acceptance of the outcome affords a better deal which is passed

is difficult because

decision to call referendum and method of referendum without defined choices beyond a simplistic binary decision
Possible overseas interference in leave campaign
Leave campaign electoral offences

and also, May's approach wasn't conciliatory towards those who lost. Immediately she went on no freedom of movement (appeasing her right wing, though it didn't make any difference)  Brexit means Brexit was also bollocks. No one knew which of many different Brexits they'd voted for

On the subject of  your  three difficulties...

Is it too late to string Cameron up by his short and curlies and throw pigs’ heads at him?

Given that the remain argument was so very strong it seems a shame that the campaigners didn’t get round to making it strongly enough to counter some ‘possible’ overseas interference. Leave managed to make their rather weak case against the open interference of the US President and the efforts of the leaders of France, Germany, Italy et al.

The Leave campaign electoral offences clearly didn’t merit the overturning of the result. Maybe the overspend balanced out the advantage that Remain gained from the spend on the leaflet distributed to every household by the government. In any event, citing this issue as a factor some three years on is like saying that England should have won the WC in 1986 because Maradona used his hand. Or maybe in 2010 because Fat Frank’s shot crossed the line.  (It probably isn’t but you take my point I hope)

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: July 10, 2019, 06:56:59 PM »

Post referendum a united acceptance of the outcome affords a better deal which is passed

is difficult because

decision to call referendum and method of referendum without defined choices beyond a simplistic binary decision
Possible overseas interference in leave campaign
Leave campaign electoral offences

and also, May's approach wasn't conciliatory towards those who lost. Immediately she went on no freedom of movement (appeasing her right wing, though it didn't make any difference)  Brexit means Brexit was also bollocks. No one knew which of many different Brexits they'd voted for

On the subject of  your  three difficulties...

Is it too late to string Cameron up by his short and curlies and throw pigs’ heads at him?

Given that the remain argument was so very strong it seems a shame that the campaigners didn’t get round to making it strongly enough to counter some ‘possible’ overseas interference. Leave managed to make their rather weak case against the open interference of the US President and the efforts of the leaders of France, Germany, Italy et al.

The Leave campaign electoral offences clearly didn’t merit the overturning of the result. Maybe the overspend balanced out the advantage that Remain gained from the spend on the leaflet distributed to every household by the government. In any event, citing this issue as a factor some three years on is like saying that England should have won the WC in 1986 because Maradona used his hand. Or maybe in 2010 because Fat Frank’s shot crossed the line.  (It probably isn’t but you take my point I hope)

Fair points imo, when you compare the array of resources, people and ludicrously piled high economic arguments from remain versus leave, it's kind of nonsensical to try and explain away defeat based on leave shenanigans. The argument was lost because it was a crap argument, not because the other people used shenanigans to enhance their crap argument

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: July 10, 2019, 09:27:29 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48929244

This isn't going away for Jezza is it?

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: July 10, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48929244

This isn't going away for Jezza is it?

It is incredible

Any normal place would have sacked every one of them, not demoted, sacked never to be involved again

But dont worry, only 2 weeks till the summer holidays, then all we be forgotten, just like when we were 8 years old

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: July 11, 2019, 07:34:52 AM »

Can’t remember Labour being at such a low point

Particularly when the opportunity to be flying high is so apparent

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18772 on: July 11, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »

Can’t remember Labour being at such a low point

Particularly when the opportunity to be flying high is so apparent

The momentum type clowns that voted him in and kept him in are clueless, it’s so obvious to anyone outside that bubble that they’d be smashing it if they had anyone half decent as leader.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: July 11, 2019, 07:53:05 AM »

What's the solution?

Surely David could trounce our Mini Trump?

I think he's a clown, but still have a soft spot for Boris after the soccer aid tackle many years ago Cheesy

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: July 11, 2019, 08:29:47 AM »

Just watched the Panorama programme.

Really is pretty damning stuff.

You really do have to wonder why politicians (from all sides) seem to lose touch with basic common sense and reality when they get seduced by power.

In Corbyn’s case he’s sticking his head in the sand and pretending it’s all a plot to undermine him.

Shouldn’t be anywhere near the leadership of a significant political party.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: July 11, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »

Post-Brexit US trade deal in doubt as documents leaked to Telegraph reveal chronic Whitehall staff shortages, lack of progress in key areas and signs that US administration may be losing interest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/07/10/lack-progress-us-uk-trade-talks-laid-bare-cache-leaked-documents/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: July 11, 2019, 08:55:32 AM »

"it is a national disgrace that Boris Johnson is poised to become Prime Minister - as ITV debate showed comprehensively. Never forget those who aided and abetted his passage to Downing Street."

D'Ancona in the standard, where Osborne recently came out to support Boris

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/the-tv-debate-was-a-stark-warning-that-neither-man-is-fit-to-be-prime-minister-a4186731.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18777 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:51 AM »

57% of Remain voters say Labour MPs defecting to the Liberal Democrats is a price worth paying to stop Brexit.

via You Gov, 07 - 08 Jul

Full details:
https://mailchi.mp/9d6e45eaf7b2/tories-and-brexit-party-should-work-together-to-secure-brexit-69-of-leave-voters-say

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: July 11, 2019, 09:42:33 AM »

Latest doom & gloom...trade deal with US in doubt

Upon this landscape Boris Johnson arrives upbeat, positive, can-do optimism, backed by Trump, liked by Trump,

Yet behold, Boris is terrible and the worst choice possible to solve that problem. To get this trade deal done we need more serious gloomies who Trump won’t deal with.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18779 on: July 11, 2019, 10:23:10 AM »

Latest doom & gloom...trade deal with US in doubt

Upon this landscape Boris Johnson arrives upbeat, positive, can-do optimism, backed by Trump, liked by Trump,

Yet behold, Boris is terrible and the worst choice possible to solve that problem. To get this trade deal done we need more serious gloomies who Trump won’t deal with.

Who said that he was the worst choice to solve that problem, or even, if that was the problem he is going to be elected to solve? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: