blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198491 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18825 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »

At no point have I expressed any previous support for Boris, you don't have to go too far back in the thread to confirm it. So its not just some blind, same old, same old rant.

However he as set his stall out very clearly and so he will put his efforts into getting it done, unlike the previous incumbents who said one thing yet wanted another.

Its one thing doing things to suit yourself to engineers better positions, but when he is THE decision maker, he has no place to hide and will go down as an all time scum bag if he pulls a different stroke.

And I am pretty sure that isn't his MO.

Adz, I don’t want to get into an argument about Boris, but I’m staggered by what you say here. How has Boris set his stall out clearly? He doesn’t answer barely any questions. It’s just bluster.

He’s simply appealing to Tory members more than Hunt.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18826 on: July 15, 2019, 09:43:28 PM »

At no point have I expressed any previous support for Boris, you don't have to go too far back in the thread to confirm it. So its not just some blind, same old, same old rant.

However he as set his stall out very clearly and so he will put his efforts into getting it done, unlike the previous incumbents who said one thing yet wanted another.

Its one thing doing things to suit yourself to engineers better positions, but when he is THE decision maker, he has no place to hide and will go down as an all time scum bag if he pulls a different stroke.

Adz, I don’t want to get into an argument about Boris, but I’m staggered by what you say here. How has Boris set his stall out clearly? He doesn’t answer barely any questions. It’s just bluster.

He wants to push Brexit through.

I dont know how, I doubt he does, but he cant faff like TM or he will look as stupid as I often do(before you, Tighty or Nirvana say it! Cheesy).

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #18827 on: July 15, 2019, 09:59:22 PM »

One of the biggest problems we have with our political system is that there will (probably) never be a government that initiates a long term policy strategy that involves short term pain. They will be in office to take all the flak, but not in office to take the plaudits when the fruits of these policies are borne several decades down the road.

The issues you’ve listed along with some others simply must have cross party agreement (climate change & long term debt management, for example) if this is ever going to change. I’m not going to hold my breath.

Sorry for late reply - had a late night and ended up in a B&B in Kings Cross after the cricket.

Haven’t some Tories come out and said that they’ll be pain at first and for years, then it’ll get better? It’d be such a good idea if the PM came out and did this too, rather then trying to peddle its all going to be great afterwards. Most people in this country know that there will be problems when we leave and trying to ignore them or not inform the uninformed is what’s making the problem worse.

I wasn’t really referring to Brexit. Everybody knows there’ll be post-Brexit pain, and it’s a non-party specific decision. I’m just making a point about long term policy-making by an incumbent govt
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18828 on: July 15, 2019, 10:22:42 PM »

He wants to push Brexit through.

I dont know how, I doubt he does, but he cant faff like TM or he will look as stupid as I often do(before you, Tighty or Nirvana say it! Cheesy).

We kinda all know he wants Brexit, but I kinda get the feeling that Hunt wants to push it through. I think the difference is how hard of a Brexit they both want? I think by the time this is all over, Theresa May will be given a lot more respect!

The difference between Boris and Hunt is that Boris appeals more to the voters. But the reality is that he never answers the questions or has a plan.

All somewhat irrelevant really, he will still be PM.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18829 on: July 15, 2019, 10:26:49 PM »

Brilliant (but ultimately depressing) read from Marina Hyde

Includes an all time great less/fewer joke

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/12/country-beta-males-alphas-latin-president-tweeting-enemies

It was rather good.

For those who can't be bothered to click the link.....

"If the Tory leadership election unfolds as widely expected, the UK will basically be ruled by a Fathers4Injustice activist. Boris Johnson is the kind of guy who’d don Spider-Man pyjamas and scale a building in order to see less of his kids. Sorry, fewer."

I dont actually mind this. If his actions shows he will care, not like TM, faux pretend she is behind something, then we are moving in the right direction.

It must be really difficult for Journos to keep the same old drivel coming, just wrapped up in a way to make half the population happy. Fair play.

Such simplicity. Everyone cares. Just because he’s pushing the optimism boat it doesn’t mean he cares more than anyone else.

I think the country doesn’t want optimism because they know optimism doesn’t achieve very much. They want a realist.

If you try and run a bluff at the poker table do you try and make out your hand is strong or do you act obviously weak?

As Boris prepares to sit down at the euro negotiating table what’s his best strategy? Act super optimistic, show supreme confidence about Brexit and cosy up to Trump or take no deal off the table, tell Trump to bog off and sit in Brussels wiping tears from his eyes?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #18830 on: July 15, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

Anyone catch The Sun / talk radio head to head tonight.

Thought it was the best one we’ve had. (and last)

Guesses on the percentage split?

Think I’ll go 62% Boris
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18831 on: July 16, 2019, 06:58:32 AM »

Looks like a big step back itt. It’s like some weird meld of the blind leading the blind and the lunatics taking over the asylum.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18832 on: July 16, 2019, 08:08:42 AM »

Looks like a big step back itt. It’s like some weird meld of the blind leading the blind and the lunatics taking over the asylum.

Thanks for moving us forward

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18833 on: July 16, 2019, 08:13:08 AM »

Always other places to go that must match your super intellect, if it's that shit here.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:27:14 AM by BigAdz » Logged

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18834 on: July 16, 2019, 08:44:08 AM »

I was thinking that it had got a bit more civilised. Even Aaron and BigAdz had a polite exchange, no name calling or insults.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18835 on: July 16, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »

I was thinking that it had got a bit more civilised. Even Aaron and BigAdz had a polite exchange, no name calling or insults.

Which is lovely but isn’t civility overrated when they’re talking nonsense?

Aaron’s intent to vote for the Brexit Party is a highlight :-).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18836 on: July 16, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »

I am not sure what you are hoping for? Even longer words from Tighty and more one sided editorials?

The story has pretty much gone as far as it can until a new PM is in place, and we are all just going over old ground, it won't "move forward" until we get something new to work with.

Until that time we are just shooting the breeze, being civil and getting along......oh, until you came back......

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18837 on: July 16, 2019, 09:13:21 AM »

Which is lovely but isn’t civility overrated when they’re talking nonsense?

Aaron’s intent to vote for the Brexit Party is a highlight :-).

Aaron’s tongue was, I believe, firmly in his cheek when he posted his support for the Brexit Party. Regardless that was a while ago now, and peace has broken out.

If you feel that you need a higher level of debate maybe you could try mumsnet, or The Guardian comments section.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18838 on: July 16, 2019, 09:33:06 AM »

Amazing to see what Jeremy Corbyn has come out with today. In reality, nothing has changed. The policy is still the same. Labour still want their Brexit deal, but want to block any Tory deal. It's the same as it was last year and people will not buy it.

It's simply too little, too late. Remain voters of Labour will have already switched alliances, I certainly have. I would actually do the ultimate protest vote against Labour and vote for the Brexit Party if they looked like the only party capable of picking up the seat.

We’re saying this is tongue in cheek? To what end? It’s lacking all of the criteria to be considered a joke.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18839 on: July 16, 2019, 09:40:08 AM »

I am not sure what you are hoping for? Even longer words from Tighty and more one sided editorials?

The story has pretty much gone as far as it can until a new PM is in place, and we are all just going over old ground, it won't "move forward" until we get something new to work with.

Until that time we are just shooting the breeze, being civil and getting along......oh, until you came back......

It might be nice for you to all sit around reinforcing and compounding your own and each other’s misconceptions and misunderstandings. That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea though. If people reading think it’s credible, that’s a problem.

I’m only talking about the obvious 4 here, I enjoy everyone else’s contributions. Although it would be nice to talk Brexit with Nirvana some time. Feels like my former favourite poster has been somewhat led astray by the whole business.
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: