blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 1261 1262 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191656 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18855 on: July 16, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »

Oh and think of something we know that gives us an advantage?

The current deal won’t get through parliament!

So Boris doesn’t really need to be king of bluffs to make headway

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18856 on: July 16, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »

Oh and think of something we know that gives us an advantage?

The current deal won’t get through parliament!

So Boris doesn’t really need to be king of bluffs to make headway

but any deal that gets through parliament (no backstop) doesn't get through EU.

Don't think we have seen, yet, a solution to that from anyone?

How exactly does he make headway unless the EU metaphorically throws Ireland off the bridge?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18857 on: July 16, 2019, 04:47:34 PM »

offer backstop just for N Ireland rather than whole UK, only whilst robust investigation of technological solutions takes place, or just have no mofo border and continue as normal in what will be formally be known as the special eu rainbow zone where leprechauns and unicorns play.

get full trade deal straight away and link to incremental payments of divorce settlement.

Just let us stay with control of borders and some freedom for global trade or justice

When deadlock is reached both parties need to revisit their red lines and wonder how red they really are. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18858 on: July 16, 2019, 06:48:27 PM »

offer backstop just for N Ireland rather than whole UK, only whilst robust investigation of technological solutions takes place, or just have no mofo border and continue as normal in what will be formally be known as the special eu rainbow zone where leprechauns and unicorns play.

get full trade deal straight away and link to incremental payments of divorce settlement.

Just let us stay with control of borders and some freedom for global trade or justice

When deadlock is reached both parties need to revisit their red lines and wonder how red they really are. 

Whether I agree with the detail is irrelevant. But, I do hate the remainer line of 'they've said they won't talk any more' - it is defeatist and it's intended to talk us out of doing anything, it's just too laughable when 2 parties have a mutual interest. It's right that the UK should bust a gut to re-open talks and not take the May line that this is all there is. However, there's no real sign that people will stop over representing their view, and instead, do the necessary gut busting work to generate creative options. That's true of both the UK and the EU and it is a remain failure as much as a leave failure.

So assuming no-one is really going to do anything to make things work better than the current withdrawal agreement for the UK and the EU - there is still a sensible course of action ie - Labour vote through a perfectly functional deal in terms of leaving the EU with the minimum of fuss that bypasses the idiot end of the Tory party - only shenanigans stop this option being taken.

I don't see how the most sensible Labour politician (let's pretend people like Starmer or Benn are sensible for a second) could think that the current situation (or no deal) is better for the country than if they had voted through the withdrawal agreement.

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18859 on: July 16, 2019, 06:49:44 PM »

For avoidance of doubt my comments regarding myself potentially voting for the Brexit Party ARE NOT tongue in cheek, I would genuinely vote for them in certain situations.

That would likely be if they was the only party likely to beat Labour. BUT Labour have a huge majority from the seat im in, so I doubt anything would change. But the seat also covers a couple of multi racial areas, so who knows what the BP might do.

In all of the mess, people forget what a farce the Labour Party is - they’ve had three years to get a position on Brexit & long enough to decide about supporting a second vote, but yet here we are with nothing. Remain/people vote supporters of the Labour Party will end up destroying the Labour Party just as much as the Tories will get destroyed in the next GE.

I would 100% vote for Brexit Party by it being the ultimate protest vote against Jeremy Corbyn.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18860 on: July 16, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »

For avoidance of doubt my comments regarding myself potentially voting for the Brexit Party ARE NOT tongue in cheek, I would genuinely vote for them in certain situations.

That would likely be if they was the only party likely to beat Labour. BUT Labour have a huge majority from the seat im in, so I doubt anything would change. But the seat also covers a couple of multi racial areas, so who knows what the BP might do.

In all of the mess, people forget what a farce the Labour Party is - they’ve had three years to get a position on Brexit & long enough to decide about supporting a second vote, but yet here we are with nothing. Remain/people vote supporters of the Labour Party will end up destroying the Labour Party just as much as the Tories will get destroyed in the next GE.

I would 100% vote for Brexit Party by it being the ultimate protest vote against Jeremy Corbyn.

Fair enough.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18861 on: July 16, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »

Was just watching politics live from earlier and the comedian on the show mentioned that he'd quite like to see no deal just to see what happens. I think I feel a bit of disappointment over the ridiculousness of us and the EU not being able, in 3 years, to set out a future trade framework acceptable to both sides but there's definitely part of me that would love to see no deal just to see what happens.

=

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18862 on: July 16, 2019, 07:44:42 PM »

Was just watching politics live from earlier and the comedian on the show mentioned that he'd quite like to see no deal just to see what happens. I think I feel a bit of disappointment over the ridiculousness of us and the EU not being able, in 3 years, to set out a future trade framework acceptable to both sides but there's definitely part of me that would love to see no deal just to see what happens.

=

Winners just win in life mate so they would still do well, the whiners probably not as they have more to fear because they lack the positive get up and go spirit to make shit happen......
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18863 on: July 16, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »

Vladimir Putin is clearly the current puppet master of the world, but is this “communist”, alt left or far right?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18864 on: July 16, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »

In latest twist Von Der Leyen narrowly voted in as EU Commission head after secret squirrel ballot

Gets over the line with Brit MEP support

Snap offers another extension

Que the EastEnders drum sequence

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18865 on: July 16, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »

In latest twist Von Der Leyen narrowly voted in as EU Commission head after secret squirrel ballot

Send Mick Carter in, he'll get it sorted.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18866 on: July 16, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »

Cant wait to hear the coughing and spluttering and the doubling back when we do reopen negotiations and we actually do make progress, despite there being "nowhere to go"etc.

Its the optimism that keeps us off The Remoaner Prozac prescription.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18867 on: July 16, 2019, 09:32:57 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49002056

Meanwhile, wage growth at highest for 11 years and unemployment down further.

I had to search BBC news website to actually find this reported. Fucking jokers. So much for balance.

Good to see opinions on political and business issues hold more sway than latest actual news.

I’m sure these continuing figures are just a statistical meaningless blip though. No place in life for optimism.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18868 on: July 16, 2019, 10:14:39 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49002056

Meanwhile, wage growth at highest for 11 years and unemployment down further.

I had to search BBC news website to actually find this reported. Fucking jokers. So much for balance.

Good to see opinions on political and business issues hold more sway than latest actual news.

I’m sure these continuing figures are just a statistical meaningless blip though. No place in life for optimism.

I am sure this must be Fake News, or a misinterpretation of the Facts.

Expecting a Guardian report on the shortcomings of low unemployment and wage growth. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18869 on: July 16, 2019, 10:42:23 PM »

Cant wait to hear the coughing and spluttering and the doubling back when we do reopen negotiations and we actually do make progress, despite there being "nowhere to go"etc.

Its the optimism that keeps us off The Remoaner Prozac prescription.....

Do you genuinely believe they will reopen talks? And with Boris? Something only changes with the backstop and seems impossible.

I think any potential extension is there to avoid no deal or to get another U.K. election.
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 1261 1262 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: