blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 1312 1313 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181098 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19620 on: August 11, 2019, 09:35:50 AM »

No deal spells calamity for union, warns Gordon Brown

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/10/gordon-brown-says-no-deal-brexit-would-be-calamity-for-united-kingdom

--

You can be for or against Brexit. And you can be for or against the Union. But whatever your view, I find it difficult to see how you can take issue with Gordon Brown's verdict that a No Deal Brexit will be lethal for the Union.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19621 on: August 11, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »

The mysteries of remain attitude include...

- their embrace of European courts passing judgement on UK police
- their unwillingness to recognise good news eg new crime measures
- their support of 15,000 moo cows killing the world with odious bottom poison

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: August 11, 2019, 09:37:07 AM »

Sunday Times: “Queen: Our politicians can’t govern”

--

Apparently its the B side to the re-released "The Show must go on"

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: August 11, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »

Shysters, conmen and hypocrites you say?

Brexit enforcer Cummings’ farm took €235,000 in EU handouts

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/10/dominic-cummings-owns-farm-got-eu-subsidy

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: August 11, 2019, 09:38:40 AM »

‘If the UK does crash out of the EU at the end of October, the first serious job losses will take place around Christmas. This provides a “window” for an election before the full impact of no-deal has occurred’.

Fascinating piece, well worth a read

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/are-they-bluffing-the-question-on-everyones-lips-as-boris

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19625 on: August 11, 2019, 09:39:39 AM »

I am surprised that the news that HMG is apparently no longer willing to sign up to level playing field conditions, in order to get an FTA with the EU, has not been more commented upon. Since it suggests that they do not in fact want an FTA with the EU.

This is serious. Quite apart from the backstop, refusal to agree commitments on State aid, labour rights and environmental rules means no hope of any FTA (even a Canada FTA) with the EU.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19626 on: August 11, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »

very interesting thread about the challenges to ending uncertainty after a no deal

https://twitter.com/DmitryOpines/status/1159825763660521472?s=20

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: August 11, 2019, 10:01:18 AM »

‘If the UK does crash out of the EU at the end of October, the first serious job losses will take place around Christmas. This provides a “window” for an election before the full impact of no-deal has occurred’.

Fascinating piece, well worth a read

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/are-they-bluffing-the-question-on-everyones-lips-as-boris

Thanks for this, very interesting.

Shouldn’t really laugh given what’s at stake but “Meatloaf Remainers” is gold 😂.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: August 11, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »

Very great new remain wordage from Gordon Brown writing in today's Observer...

We are...sleepwalking into OBLIVION 

OBLIVION - NOUN - əˈblɪvɪən: The state of being unconscious, complete destruction, extinction
synonyms: non-existence · nothingness

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19629 on: August 11, 2019, 02:26:43 PM »

from the viewpoint of the future of the Union, which was the central point of his article, Oblivion is the correct word. It won't survive

Unless you think the United Kingdom is likely to remain intact post Brexit?

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: August 11, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »

from the viewpoint of the future of the Union, which was the central point of his article, Oblivion is the correct word. It won't survive

Unless you think the United Kingdom is likely to remain intact post Brexit?

The union won't survive? As per your preferences please post links that prove the UK definitely won't survive.

Brown also definitively states that British ideals such as tolerance won't survive, inclusivity won't survive & the ability to be outward looking won't survive

All getting very ridiculous now remain are feeling very desperate

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: August 11, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »

I have posted a series of links over the last week highlighting people's concerns for the future of the Union under No deal.

Desperate is the wrong word. If it happens it happens, but it would be in my opinion an utter calamity to no deal, a view I have expressed for three years

The determination to continue in ignorance of everything presented on such matters by some on the "we want to leave, no deal or not" is frustrating and no doubt will only hit home when such people lose their own jobs and other such consequences of what we will see at the back end of this year   

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: August 11, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »

Of course the EU loathe stop and search and wouldn’t allow this. Another advantage of Brexit.

lies

I think stuff like this is a key component of the problem, lying about the EU is just such a deeply entrenched part of British life.

is told that he is lying

The mysteries of remain attitude include...

- their embrace of European courts passing judgement on UK police

Doesn't admit he was lying and attacks those who told him he was lying with a strawman.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19633 on: August 11, 2019, 03:50:36 PM »

I have posted a series of links over the last week highlighting people's concerns for the future of the Union under No deal.

Desperate is the wrong word. If it happens it happens, but it would be in my opinion an utter calamity to no deal, a view I have expressed for three years

The determination to continue in ignorance of everything presented on such matters by some on the "we want to leave, no deal or not" is frustrating and no doubt will only hit home when such people lose their own jobs and other such consequences of what we will see at the back end of this year   

Will you lose your job as a result of Brexit?

It has been 3 years of one way traffic and you have completely convinced yourself there are no possible upsides. Its been a tad embarrassing at times the one sided way you have trawled the papers and only posted articles that back up your view.

If the union is that brittle, then why the hell are we bothered about a backstop? Leave them to it and lets look after our own.

Finally, why on earth are we even supposed to listen to a word Brown says? He was great when he was in charge wasn't he???!!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19634 on: August 11, 2019, 03:54:13 PM »

Will you lose your job as a result of Brexit?

It has been 3 years of one way traffic and you have completely convinced yourself there are no possible upsides. Its been a tad embarrassing at times the one sided way you have trawled the papers and only posted articles that back up your view.

If the union is that brittle, then why the hell are we bothered about a backstop? Leave them to it and lets look after our own.

Finally, why on earth are we even supposed to listen to a word Brown says? He was great when he was in charge wasn't he???!!!

Quite possibly. Some of my sources of freelance income have slowed down already. Think it will go across industries and my stuff is discretionary corporate spend

Brown was a very good chancellor on the whole (the move to make the BOE was excellent, proclaiming the end to boom and bust and deregulating the City less so. Got us through the 2008 crash though effectively), less so a PM. An honourable man, and i say that as someone who never voted for him or his party.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 1312 1313 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: