blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 1521 1522 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180826 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22755 on: January 05, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »

Just watched Jess Phillips and Keir Starmer on Marr.

Phillips came across as straight talking and honest. Clearly gets it that if Labour continue with current policies then regaining support and getting anywhere near power is a pipe dream.

Starmer seemed keen on maintaining the main thrust of their left wing policies. Maybe he’s looking for the support of the party membership but if he believes his own comments there will be no move towards centre ground under Starmer. Even when pressed on it towards end of interview he was adamant that “over steering” would be a big mistake.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22756 on: January 06, 2020, 09:39:42 AM »

Phillips came across as straight talking and honest. Clearly gets it that if Labour continue with current policies then regaining support and getting anywhere near power is a pipe dream.

Starmer seemed keen on maintaining the main thrust of their left wing policies. Maybe he’s looking for the support of the party membership but if he believes his own comments there will be no move towards centre ground under Starmer. Even when pressed on it towards end of interview he was adamant that “over steering” would be a big mistake.

I joined the Fabian Society over the weekend to get a vote via one of Labour's affiliates.  It seemed the best compromise compared to re-joining a party still under the control of the far left and with Corbyn still as leader.

Not quite sure who I want to vote for yet.  I like Jess Phillips the best of all the candidates, but don't necessarily think she would make the best leader.  My initial gut feel was that Lisa Nandy was probably my preferred candidate.

The only guaranteed thing is that I won't be voting for Wrong-Daily or, even more laughable, the 'friend of the working class', Ian Lavery.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #22757 on: January 06, 2020, 06:11:51 PM »

Ought to get Ricky to sit down with a few people over here Grin
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:29:27 PM by Marky147 » Logged

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22758 on: January 06, 2020, 09:49:15 PM »

I joined the Fabian Society over the weekend to get a vote via one of Labour's affiliates.  It seemed the best compromise compared to re-joining a party still under the control of the far left and with Corbyn still as leader.

Not quite sure who I want to vote for yet.  I like Jess Phillips the best of all the candidates, but don't necessarily think she would make the best leader.  My initial gut feel was that Lisa Nandy was probably my preferred candidate.

The only guaranteed thing is that I won't be voting for Wrong-Daily or, even more laughable, the 'friend of the working class', Ian Lavery.

Not knocking your preference but I always find Jess Phillips does this kind of over emo way of cry-talking, feigning concern and appearing to nearly be in tears so I can't support her - seems to be almost endemic in Labour women with a few honourable exceptions.; Lisa Nandy would be one.  Successful women and leaders like Arlene Foster, Nicola Sturgeon don't suffer from this affectation.

I guess the majority of the labour membership is either hard left (probs wont wash with them) or somewhat infantilised so perhaps the cry-speaking is a winning method.

Starmer, so oily, so disingenuous, so Thornberry, so legalistic, so clearly not remotely connected with the concerns of the average British person - probs the best choice though in electoral terms but still thinking it's a very poor field. Maybe he can do a bit of party management for a while and then someone more interesting might emerge and take over.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22759 on: January 07, 2020, 12:53:16 PM »

The candidates need songs to be a true heir to Jezza

As long as I gaze at
Rebekah long Bailey
I am in paradise

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22760 on: January 07, 2020, 01:15:45 PM »

The candidates need songs to be a true heir to Jezza

As long as I gaze at
Rebekah long Bailey
I am in paradise

You look like a pop star, you sound like a pop star... you made it your own, you nailed it.

It's a big fat yes from me.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22761 on: January 07, 2020, 05:45:36 PM »

Rebecca Long Bailey gives Corbyn 10/10 as leader and earlier said there was nothing wrong with their policies at the election.  So she has reflected on the defeat and all she has learnt is that it was everybody else's fault. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22762 on: January 07, 2020, 08:32:23 PM »

Rebecca Long Bailey gives Corbyn 10/10 as leader and earlier said there was nothing wrong with their policies at the election.  So she has reflected on the defeat and all she has learnt is that it was everybody else's fault. 

If she gets the leadership, Woodsey will be celebrating with

Labour will be a meaningless minority party that will keep the infighting going and not see power in the next 10 years plus.

As Alistair Campbell has said, Labour will be finished.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22763 on: January 14, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »

Starmer strengthening at about 2/5, RLB out to 5/1....and Nandy is about 7/1 , but surely its a 2 horse race.

Laddies had 7/1 for the RLB/ Rayner double so took a bit of that for value.

Can the Sir Keir, the middle aged white london MP, see off the soooooo longed for female leader?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22764 on: January 14, 2020, 05:21:53 PM »

Pretty pathetic to see various Labour MPs, including my own, 'lending' their nominations to get pretty much everyone across the PLP threshold, given the problems that this caused in 2015.  In particular, they've managed to get the imbecilic Richard Burgon to hit the 22 vote threshold in the Deputy Leader race.

It makes you wonder why they bother having the threshold in the first place, given that everyone other than Clive Lewis managed to get over the line via the nomination stitch up.

I can't see how every nominated candidate makes it through the CLP/Union round of the nomination process.  This will favour the Corbynista candidates, so it will be interesting to see which of the others make it through.

Assuming they are available to vote for, I think my voting preferences are going to be
1) Nandy
2) Phillips
3) Starmer
4) Thornberry

No preference vote for Wrong-Daily

And for DL
1) Allin-Khan
2) Murray
3) Raynor

No preference vote for Butler or Mr Thicky Burgon.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22765 on: January 15, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »

Ohh.....new labour membership  poll out gives RLB a small lead .

It’s warming up.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22766 on: January 15, 2020, 07:56:29 PM »

Another Brillo shout down master class aagainstt Nandy tonight who came across well but brillo never give her the chance to speak properly and she told him several times but he clearly didn't give a toss and just carried on talking over her replies.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22767 on: January 15, 2020, 09:49:39 PM »

Another Brillo shout down master class aagainstt Nandy tonight who came across well but brillo never give her the chance to speak properly and she told him several times but he clearly didn't give a toss and just carried on talking over her replies.

She does come across as self assured and certainly keep her cool. Quite impressive compared to a lot of other politicians from all sides.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22768 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:49 AM »

I had a little bet on Nandy earlier in the day at 8/1 - it seems to me that Starmer certainly seems topped out and wider media exposure will not be RLB's friend.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22769 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »

Things have moved on so the style of gotcha interview just looks silly I think. Maitlis barnett Neill all need to pipe down a little bit and let I people speak I think

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 1514 1515 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 1521 1522 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: