blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197941 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4320 on: June 29, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »

Kenneth Clarke, former Home Sec, Chancellor etc, “only a lunatic would invest in Britain at the moment” Sky News

Ken Clarke would say anything to make remains case and has already been slapped down by a remain prime minister for his undemocratic and unhelpful views. People like Clarke are more dangerous to this country right now then the bnp/ edl etc. People want to believe in democracy atm but they don't believe in the above two Groups. The only thing that can push ppl towards groups that said I told you so are a lack of democracy and the crazed remain supporters desperate to show up and degrade the people who voted leave. Mainstream parties are all showing leave supporters they don't wish to represent their views, where do they expect them to go? Inviting fascists in.

Seems like you'll say anything to defend leave so same boat

absolutely this - a straightforward comment on the coming capital flight is an attack on democracy?  

Just remember John Charver people like you who enthusiastically backed brexit are 100% deserving of any flaming and criticism that comes your way when the consequences become apparent.    

Do you all buy us a drink in 20 years when we are all substantially better off and have a much higher quality of life in an independent UK?  Or does it only work short term and against us with no upside?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: June 29, 2016, 02:17:10 PM »

Kenneth Clarke, former Home Sec, Chancellor etc, “only a lunatic would invest in Britain at the moment” Sky News

Ken Clarke would say anything to make remains case and has already been slapped down by a remain prime minister for his undemocratic and unhelpful views. People like Clarke are more dangerous to this country right now then the bnp/ edl etc. People want to believe in democracy atm but they don't believe in the above two Groups. The only thing that can push ppl towards groups that said I told you so are a lack of democracy and the crazed remain supporters desperate to show up and degrade the people who voted leave. Mainstream parties are all showing leave supporters they don't wish to represent their views, where do they expect them to go? Inviting fascists in.

absolutely this - a straightforward comment on the coming capital flight is an attack on democracy?  

Just remember John Charver people like you who enthusiastically backed brexit are 100% deserving of any flaming and criticism that comes your way when the consequences become apparent.    

Is the leave vote going to inconvenience you directly in a significant way..Other than the obvious blood pressure issues you might face

and you would fall into the same category were it not for the impression you strongly gave that you wanted to vote leave just to f-ck everything up and see what would happen, which is fair enough. 

I was genuinely interested because you have such strong views and that always interests me

sola virtus nobilitat
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: June 29, 2016, 03:06:33 PM »

Interesting, the big momentum rally tonight postponed

Click to see full-size image.

Cancelled  because venue too small for numbers now expected?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: June 29, 2016, 03:16:28 PM »

Do you all buy us a drink in 20 years when we are all substantially better off and have a much higher quality of life in an independent UK?  Or does it only work short term and against us with no upside?

There are no upsides, unless you count emboldening racist twats all over the country as an upside.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: June 29, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »

There are no upsides, unless you count emboldening racist twats all over the country as an upside.

There are no upsides right now, but who knows whether we'll be better off or not in the long run.  I think we won't be, but we can't say for sure until it has all played out.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: June 29, 2016, 03:46:58 PM »

There are no upsides right now, but who knows whether we'll be better off or not in the long run.  I think we won't be, but we can't say for sure until it has all played out.

It's a poker forum, we should be able to realise that a bad play getting lucky doesn't make it correct.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: June 29, 2016, 05:31:36 PM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: June 29, 2016, 05:32:58 PM »

Gove's Wife Raises Johnson Leadership Concerns in email passed to SkyNews

http://news.sky.com/story/1719331/goves-wife-raises-johnson-leadership-concerns

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: June 29, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »

Gove's Wife Raises Johnson Leadership Concerns in email passed to SkyNews

http://news.sky.com/story/1719331/goves-wife-raises-johnson-leadership-concerns

accidentally copied in a member of the public.whoops.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: June 29, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

Union leaders vow to help Corbyn fight Labour coup – ‘the Blairite virus is spreading again’ http://specc.ie/292TUIP

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: June 29, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »

FTSE 100 has touched pre-referendum levels, above 6,300 points for first time since last Thurs

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: June 29, 2016, 05:45:17 PM »

FTSE 100 has touched pre-referendum levels, above 6,300 points for first time since last Thurs

So the sky isn't actually falling in?  Roll Eyes
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: June 29, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »

take your pick

Laura Kuenssberg ‏@bbclaurak now1 minute ago

Gossip among MPs in last 24 hours is that Corbyn wants a way out but his close team telling him not to give in

Chris Ship ‏@chrisshipitv now1 hour ago

I hear that even Jeremy Corbyn's team are now urging him to quit - but so far without success ...

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: June 29, 2016, 05:48:48 PM »

how boris writes his columns, from his biography...

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: June 29, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »

So the sky isn't actually falling in?  Roll Eyes

Company has future earnings of $x.  Pound falls by 10%.  Company should be worth 11% more.

Ftse100 companies get more than half their earnings overseas as a whole, so there should be some winners from a sterling collapse. 

People investing in shares should be looking at earnings for many years and not just in the next few months turmoil.   

And finally it looks like the most likely solution is now similar fo what we had before without any say in parliament.   Not sure anybody voted for this mind.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: