blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197895 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: June 29, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »

Laura Kuenssberg Verified account
‏@bbclaurak

Breaking - Tom Watson tells me Corbyn has to go but he is unwilling to quit

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: June 29, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »

Matthew Harris ‏@hattmarris84

BREAK: Liam Fox tells LBC he'll be formerly announcing that he'll be running for leadership of the Conservative party tomorrow

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: June 29, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »

FTSE 100 has touched pre-referendum levels, above 6,300 points for first time since last Thurs

Click to see full-size image.

Hows the Ftse 250 doing?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: June 29, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »

Gove's Wife Raises Johnson Leadership Concerns in email passed to SkyNews

http://news.sky.com/story/1719331/goves-wife-raises-johnson-leadership-concerns

accidentally copied in a member of the public.whoops.

If this email came to you this morning....would you contact the press ?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: June 29, 2016, 07:42:16 PM »

Depends on your motives?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: June 29, 2016, 09:10:38 PM »

what impact if any is chilcot likely to have on Labour leadership debate? 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: June 29, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »

FTSE 100 has touched pre-referendum levels, above 6,300 points for first time since last Thurs

Hows the Ftse 250 doing?

Up 3% today - about the level in Jan this year, didn't do the maths but perhaps 7or 8 % down since last Thursday still. Incidentally, from May last year to Jan this it fell from 18000 to 16000 without any help from Brexit. It now stands at around 16000.

Festival time for traders right now but perhaps that's the only thing we know at the moment

sola virtus nobilitat
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: June 29, 2016, 10:02:23 PM »

Hows the Ftse 250 doing?

Up 3% today - about the level in Jan this year, didn't do the maths but perhaps 7or 8 % down since last Thursday still. Incidentally, from May last year to Jan this it fell from 18000 to 16000 without any help from Brexit. It now stands at around 16000.

Festival time for traders right now but perhaps that's the only thing we know at the moment

Not traded anything since Thursday (well since May tbh!) pretty sure there will be more ups and downs over the next few months.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:34 PM »

Kenneth Clarke, former Home Sec, Chancellor etc, “only a lunatic would invest in Britain at the moment” Sky News

Ken Clarke would say anything to make remains case and has already been slapped down by a remain prime minister for his undemocratic and unhelpful views. People like Clarke are more dangerous to this country right now then the bnp/ edl etc. People want to believe in democracy atm but they don't believe in the above two Groups. The only thing that can push ppl towards groups that said I told you so are a lack of democracy and the crazed remain supporters desperate to show up and degrade the people who voted leave. Mainstream parties are all showing leave supporters they don't wish to represent their views, where do they expect them to go? Inviting fascists in.

Seems like you'll say anything to defend leave so same boat

absolutely this - a straightforward comment on the coming capital flight is an attack on democracy?  

Just remember John Charver people like you who enthusiastically backed brexit are 100% deserving of any flaming and criticism that comes your way when the consequences become apparent.    

I dont and didnt back brexit, I back the countries democratic right to decide.

People wanting us to leave are asking for their democratic right to be upheld, they voted and won. Remainist who demand we ignore or revote lost, whinged, tried to cheat and look for any way their own way can be undemocratically enforced.

You like poker analogies leave might be poor players but your view is phil hellmuths and howard lederers love child.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:25:58 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: June 29, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »

what impact if any is chilcot likely to have on Labour leadership debate? 

Wasnt the message labour were desperately seeking someone who didnt vote to go to war or vote against chilcotts report being carried out? Probably ask some of the shadow cabinet Wink
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: June 29, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »

Just watched the BBC documentary on Blair/Iraq in view of the imminent Chilcot Enquiry report.

Claire Short's contribution was probably the strongest indictment of Blair's culpability - "he's going to have it on his conscience for the rest of his life".

But will the report pull it's punches? Interesting times indeed.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: June 29, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »

Just watched the BBC documentary on Blair/Iraq in view of the imminent Chilcot Enquiry report.

Claire Short's contribution was probably the strongest indictment of Blair's culpability - "he's going to have it on his conscience for the rest of his life".

But will the report pull its punches? Interesting times indeed.

Fixed my grammatical error 
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: June 29, 2016, 11:50:46 PM »

Kenneth Clarke, former Home Sec, Chancellor etc, “only a lunatic would invest in Britain at the moment” Sky News

Ken Clarke would say anything to make remains case and has already been slapped down by a remain prime minister for his undemocratic and unhelpful views. People like Clarke are more dangerous to this country right now then the bnp/ edl etc. People want to believe in democracy atm but they don't believe in the above two Groups. The only thing that can push ppl towards groups that said I told you so are a lack of democracy and the crazed remain supporters desperate to show up and degrade the people who voted leave. Mainstream parties are all showing leave supporters they don't wish to represent their views, where do they expect them to go? Inviting fascists in.

absolutely this - a straightforward comment on the coming capital flight is an attack on democracy? 

Just remember John Charver people like you who enthusiastically backed brexit are 100% deserving of any flaming and criticism that comes your way when the consequences become apparent.   

So any voice against leave is undemocratic now? What about the democratic right to freedom of speech?

People wanting us to leave are asking for their democratic right to be upheld, they voted and won. Remainist who demand we ignore or revote lost, whinged, tried to cheat and look for any way their own way can be undemocratically enforced.

You like poker analogies leave might be poor players but your view is phil hellmuths and howard lederers love child.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: June 30, 2016, 12:00:10 AM »

So any voice against leave is undemocratic now? What about the democratic right to freedom of speech?

You can't read or quote

I didn't think I needed to qualify my statement against Ken Clarke was for his parliamentary suggestions not his actual statement. His opinion is null as he has already showed his contempt for democracy.

I have no problem with people thinking its a mistake, my problem is with those that would right a mistake by cheating the electorate.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:34:15 AM by JohnCharver » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: June 30, 2016, 01:17:44 AM »

Very grown up. Classy guy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: