blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 05:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2225663 times)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #7755 on: April 18, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »

VWP The Conservatives
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: April 18, 2017, 11:32:50 AM »

This year I've made a concerted effort to stop binge consuming politics because it's such a time suck and debating with others rarely is that productive (except on this forum which is a rare exception).

However, no matter how unlikely, the idea of Corbyn leading this country strikes more fear into me than Trump, sigh, time to lose a few friends on social media.

Anybody really falling out over politics isn't a true friend anyway, maybe it's just a good excuse to sort out the wheat from the chaff!!
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: April 18, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »

'Now is not the time' for Scotland but its ok we can have a GE cos we'll probably win

gg Corbyn

Nicely timed though, still a fair bit of Brexit buoyancy about before anything bad can happen and if she gets 5 years then even if it goes awfully she's got a while after to sell it/recover

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7758 on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:57 AM »

This year I've made a concerted effort to stop binge consuming politics because it's such a time suck and debating with others rarely is that productive (except on this forum which is a rare exception).

However, no matter how unlikely, the idea of Corbyn leading this country strikes more fear into me than Trump, sigh, time to lose a few friends on social media.

Anybody really falling out over politics isn't a true friend anyway, maybe it's just a good excuse to sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

Of course, I didnt really fall out with anyone last time. I did, however, see two lifelong friends and business partners call each other c**ts on Facebook after Brexit and they ended their business as a result, which is an image I'll never be able to forget.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: April 18, 2017, 11:40:39 AM »

Really clever move by May. Will give her more power - will use it as an additional mandate for next 2-3 years. Tories will have a bigger majority. Sees through the changes coming without looking over her shoulder at what may come in a GE.

Striking whilst opposition at its weakest.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: April 18, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »

Corbyn has agreed to this?  Facepalm

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7761 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »

What option did he have? If he refused he loses whatever support he had left from Labour moderates IMO and they would be calling for him to go.

His best strategy is to go balls to the wall crazy promises ala Bernie Sanders and Trump
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »

What option did he have? If he refused he loses whatever support he had left from Labour moderates IMO and they would be calling for him to go.

His best strategy is to go balls to the wall crazy promises ala Bernie Sanders and Trump

Disagree.  He sbould tell her to.fuck off and go when he is ready.  She is the one who is breaking the law here.  He isn't her lapdog.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »

Corbyn has agreed to this?  Facepalm

Disagree.  He sbould tell her to.fuck off and go when he is ready.  She is the one who is breaking the law here.  He isn't her lapdog.

In an ideal world he would but he can't

There would be too many obstacles to overcome taking that line

His best GTO move is to embrace the election as it's going to happen regardless
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: April 18, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »

Disagree.  He sbould tell her to.fuck off and go when he is ready.  She is the one who is breaking the law here.  He isn't her lapdog.

I don't get it.  Surely he humiliates her by just saying no you can't do that.  Why would it happen regardless?  We have an act of parliament where she needs a two thirds majority(?) to overturn.  She hasn't got it.  If everyone is saying it is a good move for her, it is bad for him. 

So just say no.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: April 18, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »

I don't get it.  Surely he humiliates her by just saying no you can't do that.  Why would it happen regardless?  We have an act of parliament where she needs a two thirds majority(?) to overturn.  She hasn't got it.  If everyone is saying it is a good move for her, it is bad for him. 

So just say no.

Or do we have to bring on Gina Milller again to explain things to these fuckwits?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: April 18, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »

good news for this thread it has to be said

UK Politics keeps on giving

won't find a much more tumultuous two years for a thread than this!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: April 18, 2017, 12:21:10 PM »

So just say no.

The only people that has has left are his core supporters but surely even they couldn't withstand their man passing up what they perceive to be a realistic shot at unseating the conservatives

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: April 18, 2017, 12:25:54 PM »

The smartest move for labour would be to change their stance on brexit and steal the lib dems USP, that is their only shot at this election I reckon.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:43 PM »

So just say no.

If he says no, then the Tories submit a motion of no confidence - there is precedence, happened in Germany in 2005. That only has to pass by 1 vote.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: