blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:10:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191112 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9000 on: May 31, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: May 31, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »

very very interesting today

PM campaigning in Tory defence seat of Plymouth Sutton & Devonport: went Con in 2010, saw small swing to Lab in 2015. Maj 523.

earlier in Bath, small tory majority

threee weeks ago was in seats he could only win with a big swing, now she is in key defence territory.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: May 31, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »

Sir David Butler‏ @SirDavidButler (91year old inventor of the swingometer and father of the psephology industry)

Polls have a mixed record but they have never moved or disagreed so much as now. There’s a week to go but someone will be embarrassed.

(fun election huh? never a dull moment)

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: May 31, 2017, 05:06:31 PM »

Sir David Butler‏ @SirDavidButler (91year old inventor of the swingometer and father of the psephology industry)

Polls have a mixed record but they have never moved or disagreed so much as now. There’s a week to go but someone will be embarrassed.

When are you off on holiday, Rich?

This thread will be much the poorer without your constant prompting & Dimbelby-style diplomacy. In fact you even look like Dimbleby.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: May 31, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »

When are you off on holiday, Rich?

This thread will be much the poorer without your constant prompting & Dimbelby-style diplomacy. In fact you even look like Dimbleby.

I am off on election day itself. Cheers Theresa, highlight of my five years and you set it for that day.

going to be 7 hours behind so should be able to watch election night mid afternoon onwards when i land (this will be deleted later as my life might not be worth living if seen)

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9005 on: May 31, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »

Could well be a bit of scope for a bet if this Labour surge in the polls continue because I'm sure it's nothing more than Scotch mist and Theresa May will wafflecrush come election day.

Time to revisit this as the Corbyn surge has strengthened. I still think that there are fundamental mathematical reasons why the Tories are stronger than they appear (kids not turning out to vote, UKIP vote collapse more skewed towards marginals, Corbyn fanboys more likely to live in safer Labour seats) so I've had a punt on the Tories getting 401-425 seats at 5/1, which was 9/4 ten days ago.

I'll probably look at some other blue bets tomorrow as it's difficult to see how things will look better for May tomorrow morning after ducking tonight's debate.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: May 31, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »

Could well be a bit of scope for a bet if this Labour surge in the polls continue because I'm sure it's nothing more than Scotch mist and Theresa May will wafflecrush come election day.

Time to revisit this as the Corbyn surge has strengthened. I still think that there are fundamental mathematical reasons why the Tories are stronger than they appear (kids not turning out to vote, UKIP vote collapse more skewed towards marginals, Corbyn fanboys more likely to live in safer Labour seats) so I've had a punt on the Tories getting 401-425 seats at 5/1, which was 9/4 ten days ago.

I'll probably look at some other blue bets tomorrow as it's difficult to see how things will look better for May tomorrow morning after ducking tonight's debate.

Labour strategists (i know two. well, acquainted with. know a bit) are worried that they are piling up votes in the wrong areas eg labour metropolitian safe seats. the situation in marginals is tougher, particular oop north where corbyn goes down like insert appropriate metaphor.or did

and watch Farron got for Corbyn tonight over Brexit. debate is in Cambridge and some polls have labour taking it off Lib Dems and he will want to go for the Labour vote

My eyes are open wide
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9007 on: May 31, 2017, 05:24:03 PM »

Labour strategists (i know two. well, acquainted with. know a bit) are worried that they are piling up votes in the wrong areas eg labour metropolitian safe seats. the situation in marginals is tougher, particular oop north where corbyn goes down like insert appropriate metaphor.or did

and watch Farron got for Corbyn tonight over Brexit. debate is in Cambridge and some polls have labour taking it off Lib Dems and he will want to go for the Labour vote

On the Guardian podcast today they were saying how Rupa Huq in Ealing (majority of 150) is feeling quite confident of holding on (as tipped up earlier) whereas there was a seat in the Midlands with an 8,000 Labour majority where the MP is bricking it.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: May 31, 2017, 05:56:49 PM »

Debate on Sky just now between You Gov (no majority claim) and Michael Moszynski of London Advertising. (ex tory campaign manager)

Michael claiming You Gov is wrong....and his track record is he got these right:

Vote Leave will get 52-53%”: result 51.9%

“Conservatives will win General election with a single seat majority”: Conservatives won by six seats

“Scottish Yes Vote will get less than 45%”: result 44.7%

fwiw he is currently forecasting 103 to 108 tory majority.

ps For balance he got the US election wrong
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:01:12 PM by ripple11 » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: May 31, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »

Big market move for No Overall Majority gathering pace. Just matched at 6.8, down from a peak of 36.

Wouldn't be surprised if the market move was fuelled by people hedging stock or currency positions.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: May 31, 2017, 06:26:37 PM »

Interesting to see how Amber Rudd does later.

Judging her since becoming Home Sec,feels like a decent bet to be the next Tory leader to me....which might be soon if the Jezza bandwagon continues. Smiley

10/1 available atm....not sure if the boat has sailed and she has been longer.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: May 31, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »

Interesting to see how Amber Rudd does later.

Judging her since becoming Home Sec,feels like a decent bet to be the next Tory leader to me....which might be soon if the Jezza bandwagon continues. Smiley

10/1 available atm....not sure if the boat has sailed and she has been longer.

She thinks she's there already - "Have you not read my manifesto?".
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: May 31, 2017, 08:52:45 PM »

Rudd beaten like a pulp by Corbyn and Lucas.

The questions on foreign policy had her stumbling about in the dark.

Leeanne Wood has had Nuttal by the balls all night.

Robertson performed solidly if not spectacularly.

Wee Tim, is just a noise in the corner.  Can't take anything he or his colleagues in Scotland say seriously.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: May 31, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »

Thought Farron , other than his obsession with Brexit, performed much better than I expected.

Robertson totally pointless..gtfo

Rudd did quite well I thought, resilient and a couple of good zingers but most importantly blocked for May who would have been slaughtered, I think, in that environment. Had the good grace to smile when she was talking bollocks too.

Lucas, Wood, Corbyn all performed exactly as I would have expected.

Nuttall..oh dear

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: May 31, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »

Doubt it changed much either way. Rudd held up well. Her dad died on Monday and she went through with doing it. Tough lady. Unlike her boss, it might be said.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: