blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198715 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9060 on: June 01, 2017, 06:08:10 PM »

Nuttall and UKIP going to gift TM her increased power.  Incredible how bad Nuttall is at times for a leader.  Surely the party will never be invited to a TV debate again after this GE?  They are a total waste of time from here on in.

not disagreeing

humour me on this. Wales is eurosceptic and voted for brexit. liberal woolly cuddly old leanne wood goes onto the debate representing the minority part of wales (the pro euro bit) and isn't representing the majority views of the country she is part of. what's she doing on the debate?

also,Caroline Lucas,almost identical policies to Corbyn. put her as labour leader, hypothetically,and they are ten points ahead of theresa may in this election? all the conviction of the policies (which are popular), none of the corbyn baggge. seriously impressive lady i think

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: June 01, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »

Nuttall and UKIP going to gift TM her increased power.  Incredible how bad Nuttall is at times for a leader.  Surely the party will never be invited to a TV debate again after this GE?  They are a total waste of time from here on in.

not disagreeing

humour me on this. Wales is eurosceptic and voted for brexit. liberal woolly cuddly old leanne wood goes onto the debate representing the minority part of wales (the pro euro bit) and isn't representing the majority views of the country she is part of. what's she doing on the debate?

also,Caroline Lucas,almost identical policies to Corbyn. put her as labour leader, hypothetically,and they are ten points ahead of theresa may in this election? all the conviction of the policies (which are popular), none of the corbyn baggge. seriously impressive lady i think

I think you are being a bit harsh on Leeane Wood.

Also, I'd be pretty sure the vast majority of those in Wales who voted out will regret that decision more than most especially when they realise they were lied to by the likes of UKIP. 

Nuttal is a racist though and should not be given a platform.  He doesn't even hide it that well. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: June 01, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »

Nuttall and UKIP going to gift TM her increased power.  Incredible how bad Nuttall is at times for a leader.  Surely the party will never be invited to a TV debate again after this GE?  They are a total waste of time from here on in.

not disagreeing

I can't take Wood seriously either.  I have no idea what her party stands for tbh without really reading into it.  Lucas (and Robertson) i thought were both good last night.  I really enjoy listening to Robertson's style of attack in debates and PMQ's.  He comes across as highly intelligent.  Lucas could easily be the Labour leader and enforce key environmental policies into the mainstream debate which are always under looked by the masses but massively important for the longer term.  My ex gf is a huge green style hippie so i learnt a lot about that side of things when i was with her and got to appreciate the importance somewhat more to the bigger picture.

I am still in shock how bad TM has been for the last month in so many public debates/discussions/spots etc.  I have said this before she looks like a £40k a year financial controller getting shoved into a FTSE 100 board meeting with a load of sharks as the stand in group finance director.  She just looks constantly nervous as if she is going to collapse at times through nerves.  The pressure she must be feeling is huge.  I can't believe she was, and still is by some, compared to the Iron lady.  Not even in the same league.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:22:18 PM by arbboy » Logged
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: June 01, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »

Further to what Arb says, May has looked a mess but she has also been given a pretty easy time. 

Look at Paxman other night he interrupted Corbyn about 8 times as often as he did May.  Neil also went far easier on her than he does on most.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: June 01, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »

Further to what Arb says, May has looked a mess but she has also been given a pretty easy time. 

Look at Paxman other night he interrupted Corbyn about 8 times as often as he did May.  Neil also went far easier on her than he does on most.

what did you think of the "balanced" audience last night (chosen by comres by the bbc)? ever seen it more one way than that?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: June 01, 2017, 06:46:37 PM »

what did you think of the "balanced" audience last night (chosen by comres by the bbc)? ever seen it more one way than that?

Silent tories well hidden out the back i imagine just like on social media!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: June 01, 2017, 06:47:31 PM »

this is a very good point as well.  Imagine how bad she could have looked if they had really smashed into her policies and forced her to stop reading from a script.  They definitely went easy on her because she is female imo.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: June 01, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »

Shy tory and clear vocal labour support.

I'd prefer to see less of the audience and more grilling from the presenters.

I'd also like to see more direct questions and the participants stopped immediately when they try to divert from the question.  Sometimes the presenters are far too polite.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: June 01, 2017, 06:55:18 PM »

As I said earlier, I've had a punt on 401-425 tory seats, which would be a comfortable 3 figure majority. They'll pick up loads of votes from 2015 UKIP supporters in the marginals, with only losing a handful the other way as the Lib Dems hoped-for surge isn't happening.

Corbyn will rack up increased majorities in solid red seats, gaining him very few extra seats.

There's also still time for a last minute super-negative message from the Tories that hits home, along the lines of the 'Vote Miliband, Get Salmond' one from 2015, though this one will be more like 'Vote Corbyn, Get Nicola/IRA/ISIS/Rasputin/Whoever'

This is also how I see it playing out.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: June 01, 2017, 06:56:13 PM »

Shy tory and clear vocal labour support.

I'd prefer to see less of the audience and more grilling from the presenters.

I'd also like to see more direct questions and the participants stopped immediately when they try to divert from the question.  Sometimes the presenters are far too polite.

The presenter was nowhere near strong enough to control a 7 person debate in that restricted time frame.  Laura K should have had the gig imo.  With regards to Paxman anyone else think he has lost the plot slightly compared to his pomp?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: June 01, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »

Sadly I think we'll see a marginally increased Tory majority just due to the UKIP switch. With a even remotely confident leader I feel like they'd have landslided it but instead they've got a brain dead, power hungry, valueless, flip-flopper flittering away votes.

Personally, as a 32 year old Brighton Pav resident of 14 years, I'll be voting Green for the first time in my life, primarily because I think Caroline Lucas is one of the most impressive politicians we have and partly to protect the seat from the Tories.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9071 on: June 01, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

Thanks to Johnathon Pie I now know where my allegiances lie.

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk

if you are even slightly interested in your then you will probably end up looking at most aspects so it can take 15-20 minutes (their estimate seems to allow for very slow readers).

It does though seem to have a bias I would guess towards those with time on their hands + more tech savvy which is probably reflected in the low results for  Conservatives compared to the rest.

I did the full survey and was surprised to find 7% of my answers UKIPy 

My results -
http://prntscr.com/fersgd

and nationally (32k survey sample so far)
http://prntscr.com/ferss2
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: June 01, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »

Brillo must have been reading blonde before he got stuck seriously into TF a minute ago.  Proper no nonsense interviewing there.  Anyone see it?
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: June 01, 2017, 08:30:42 PM »

Brillo must have been reading blonde before he got stuck seriously into TF a minute ago.  Proper no nonsense interviewing there.  Anyone see it?

just seen some highlights.

oh dear.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: June 01, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »

just seen some highlights.

oh dear.

If only the alpha male bulldog had done that to May and fully exposed her rather than being a pussycat because she was female!
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: