blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180194 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9930 on: June 11, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »

The DUP seem very dated and its sad that NI are still voting down these lines of religion with what seems little choice of parties than before. I think they have some similar held views to a section of the tory party and concerning they bring this kind of stuff to the front, when cameron, osborne etc had really brought the tory party forward. They have every right to form a government together. directly or indirectly, they were democratically elected and dictating to NI that we think their representatives are unworthy, or worse worthy of derision doesnt help with NI tensions either.

Id like May to regain a semblance of respect and say they will use them to get us into a position where the country can continue on a steady footing in preparation for elections in october. Then quit.

For Government to operate a deal has to be done....their views on some controversial matters wont come into it, not that it would have, but Ruth has confirmed that!

It gives a working majority of 13. Cameron had a majority of 12 in 2015.

Think she will last longer than most people think, maybe upto brexit 2019, because a change of leader surely means an election.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: June 11, 2017, 06:00:46 PM »

The DUP seem very dated and its sad that NI are still voting down these lines of religion with what seems little choice of parties than before. I think they have some similar held views to a section of the tory party and concerning they bring this kind of stuff to the front, when cameron, osborne etc had really brought the tory party forward. They have every right to form a government together. directly or indirectly, they were democratically elected and dictating to NI that we think their representatives are unworthy, or worse worthy of derision doesnt help with NI tensions either.

Id like May to regain a semblance of respect and say they will use them to get us into a position where the country can continue on a steady footing in preparation for elections in october. Then quit.

For Government to operate a deal has to be done....their views on some controversial matters wont come into it, not that it would have, but Ruth has confirmed that!

Think she will last longer than most people think, maybe upto brexit 2019, because a change of leader surely means an election.

She made the biggest misjudgement in modern British political history, only Brexit could conceivably be worse. I've always thought it meaningless when people talk about something or someone being Prime Ministerial but TM has helped me understand a little better what it is to not be Prime Ministerial. Crying yourself to sleep over a mess all of your own doing is not very Prime Ministerial. It's totally meaningless to compare her minority government with DC's majority.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: June 11, 2017, 06:32:14 PM »

Can't keep him away;

Summary - TightEnd  

Name:  TightEnd
Position:  Administrator
IP:   50.66.90.229  
Hostname:  

Date Registered:  January 31, 2005, 09:52:00 AM
Last Active:  Today at 03:59:11 PM

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: June 11, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »

She made the biggest misjudgement in modern British political history, only Brexit could conceivably be worse. I've always thought it meaningless when people talk about something or someone being Prime Ministerial but TM has helped me understand a little better what it is to not be Prime Ministerial. Crying yourself to sleep over a mess all of your own doing is not very Prime Ministerial. It's totally meaningless to compare her minority government with DC's majority.

Of course its a mess now, but a Government has to be formed and move forward . We will see a softening stance on a lot of things to get the Queens speech though.
 We are stuck will TM for now,so it's up to her to step up to the Brexit plate and show how good she is as a dead women walking.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: June 11, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »

Love this picture of two fellas finally united by their love of Theresa

Click to see full-size image.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9935 on: June 11, 2017, 09:40:18 PM »

This is the FT breakdown of the data  from the election (well exit polls, or each constituency)

https://www.ft.com/content/dac3a3b2-4ad7-11e7-919a-1e14ce4af89b

It was those crazy kids wot did it.

Click to see full-size image.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: June 12, 2017, 12:36:19 AM »

Nothing new, many change their minds when they start to earn a few quid. I'd vote for the communist party if I was 18 and I was promised free uni compared to £30k+ debt.....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:43:44 AM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: June 12, 2017, 12:53:08 AM »

Nothing new, many change their minds when they start to earn a few quid. I'd vote for the communist party if I was 18 and I was promised free uni compared to £30k+ debt.....

Thank you for your efforts, good people will always be repulsed by the ignorance. Education will defeat all forms of bigotry, including Conservatism.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: June 12, 2017, 01:31:45 AM »

Thank you for your efforts, good people will always be repulsed by the ignorance. Education will defeat all forms of bigotry, including Conservatism.

No, in your view good people are only those that have the same views as you which is clearly bullshit. As the graph shows as people start to earn a few quid and they are more successful in life their views change, so I'm guessing that makes you a failure?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:34:20 AM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: June 12, 2017, 01:45:00 AM »

No, in your view good people are only those that have the same views as you which is clearly bullshit. As the graph shows as people start to earn a few quid and they are more successful in life their views change, so I'm guessing that makes you a failure?

Maybe we were looking at a different graphs? If not, your statement makes no sense. Anyway I have enough wealth to surf when there's waves and ski twice a year, that's plenty. I wouldn't want more.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: June 12, 2017, 01:50:11 AM »

Maybe we were looking at a different graphs? If not, your statement makes no sense. Anyway I have enough wealth to surf when there's waves and ski twice a year, that's plenty. I wouldn't want more.

I guess you are just jealous of people that have more than you then......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: June 12, 2017, 01:53:32 AM »

Looks like we can safely add completely unnecessary guessing games to the list of things you are terrible at.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: June 12, 2017, 01:57:02 AM »

Looks like we can safely add completely unnecessary guessing games to the list of things you are terrible at.

Likewise....
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: June 12, 2017, 02:07:08 AM »

Likewise....

That one does have me confused. I didn't guess anything. Any chance you could explain what you mean?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: June 12, 2017, 02:12:50 AM »

Likewise....

That one does have me confused. I didn't guess anything. Any chance you could explain what you mean?

Yes you have made plenty of guesses about me over the last couple of years based on the assumption I am right leaning....some would might be correct others have been wrong....
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: