blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:52:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197659 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12180 on: March 23, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »

It is to do with Brexit though:-), as it's an excellent example of the confused and misinformed nonsense that seems to have played a part in the decision making of some of the people who voted leave.

And your an excellent example of spouting the sort of sanctimonious better than thou’ bollox that got some people’s backs up and made them get off their arse and vote out. Thanks for helping tip the balance to leave  

It's even more bizarre that you're still cheerleading leave. Yet again you seem to think that politics is like sport, you pick a team and stick with them through thick and thin. The more evidence stacks up against your team.....most comprehensively failing British government so far, Brexit a disaster etc, the more partisan you become.

Thank you, keep it coming.  

You think you won :-) but everybody lost :-(.

You definitely lost. I see the Tory polls are on the up again, you must be delighted about that too  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:37:12 AM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: March 23, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »

It is to do with Brexit though:-), as it's an excellent example of the confused and misinformed nonsense that seems to have played a part in the decision making of some of the people who voted leave.

And your an excellent example of spouting the sort of sanctimonious better than thou’ bollox that got some people’s backs up and made them get off their arse and vote out. Thanks for helping tip the balance to leave  

It's even more bizarre that you're still cheerleading leave. Yet again you seem to think that politics is like sport, you pick a team and stick with them through thick and thin. The more evidence stacks up against your team.....most comprehensively failing British government so far, Brexit a disaster etc, the more partisan you become.

You definitely lost, I see the Tory polls are on the up again, you must be delighted about that too 

I'm optimistic that they'll f*** it up so hard, even your pension pot will be on the line.

I just despair about how comfortable people are sacrificing the most vulnerable in society for their cruel and misguided political ideals. Life is good for me though, that's a solid insulation against your dumb trolling.

(joking about the pension of course) Let's hope after 8 years of relentless failure, they can turn things around.

All I want is competent people running the country, I don't care who does it. Do you remember when average wages and living standards used to improve every year? Now they fall every year. We used regulate the natural environment, fund our hospitals, educate our children to the best possible standard, fund our fire brigades and police, repair our roads, I could go on.
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »

You definitely lost, I see the Tory polls are on the up again, you must be delighted about that too 

I'm optimistic that they'll f*** it up so hard, even your pension pot will be on the line.

I just despair about how comfortable people are sacrificing the most vulnerable in society for their cruel and misguided political ideals. Life is good for me though, that's a solid insulation against your dumb trolling.

(joking about the pension of course) Let's hope after 8 years of relentless failure, they can turn things around.

All I want is competent people running the country, I don't care who does it. Do you remember when average wages and living standards used to improve every year? Now they fall every year. We used regulate the natural environment, fund our hospitals, educate our children to the best possible standard, fund our fire brigades and police, repair our roads, I could go on.

unfortunately we did all those things by borrowing money we couldn't really afford, we are now paying for it all these years later. The pensions we offered years ago (which everyone is fighting to keep) is going to push this country and others into  a blackhole the likes we haven't seen yet
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: March 23, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »

unfortunately we did all those things by borrowing money we couldn't really afford, we are now paying for it all these years later. The pensions we offered years ago (which everyone is fighting to keep) is going to push this country and others into  a blackhole the likes we haven't seen yet

I remain to be convinced by the borrowing money we can't afford idea. I thought it had been widely debunked. Osborne and Redwood seem fairly open that it was just a political weapon. The amounts involved would be inconsequential in a thriving economy and they've continued borrowing magnitudes more than anyone had previously anyway. Pensions are an issue, no doubt.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: March 23, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »

This is a classic situation and one of the reasons joe public voted to leave the EU.

We play by the current rules and accept bids from all EU businesses and others just ignore the rules and find ways to do wtf they like with no consequences from the EU.

Apart from joe public being sick of told how to think and how stupid they are, there is a desire to be able to control our own destiny (with good or bad consequences).

The remain side still don’t understand the strong attraction to people that this has. You might call it insular or little Englander mentality but it’s a big emotional pull for a lot of people.

I did smile at the usual suspects on here trying to link Brexit as a cause of the passport situation when the opposite is the case, it is us playing by the EU rules.

So basically this post can be summed up as:

The EU knockers completely make up stories,

people like you believe them without bothering to independently verify

and when your told you are an idiot you take umbrage

This is complete nonsense.

What it means is :

The passport story is nothing to do with Brexit (despite the comments on here). That was where this debate started in last few pages.

There are at best, anomalies in how certain countries work the EU rules for their national interest.

Both that and the perseption it has created contributed to leave winning.

Calling people like me an “idiot” etc when I point this out and taking some self imposed moral high ground is one of the reasons why remain lost the vote.

The only thing I take umbrage at is your condescending and wholier than thou responses 

Just to clarify - my original post (and the article) didn't say it was to do with Brexit (though it did imply it). It said the passport thing was happening after Brexit.

I've been amazed how you have tried to divert this into a discussion about which countries currently follow EU rules, what happens in France, etc.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with EU rules. It's about something that will happen after the UK has left the EU.

Just an example of our less competitive future.

If you re-read the thread, comments about bending the EU rules, France etc didn't come from me originally. I believe a number of others, in particular Stuart Hopkin, made posts about it. How on earth you are "amazed" and that I "diverted" the discussion is just weird. I just commented about the ongoing point that was under discussion.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: March 23, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »

This is a classic situation and one of the reasons joe public voted to leave the EU.

We play by the current rules and accept bids from all EU businesses and others just ignore the rules and find ways to do wtf they like with no consequences from the EU.

Apart from joe public being sick of told how to think and how stupid they are, there is a desire to be able to control our own destiny (with good or bad consequences).

The remain side still don’t understand the strong attraction to people that this has. You might call it insular or little Englander mentality but it’s a big emotional pull for a lot of people.

I did smile at the usual suspects on here trying to link Brexit as a cause of the passport situation when the opposite is the case, it is us playing by the EU rules.

What it means is :

The passport story is nothing to do with Brexit (despite the comments on here). That was where this debate started in last few pages.

There are at best, anomalies in how certain countries work the EU rules for their national interest.

Calling people like me an “idiot” etc when I point this out and taking some self imposed moral high ground is one of the reasons why remain lost the vote.

The only thing I take umbrage at is your condescending and wholier than thou responses 

Just to clarify - my original post (and the article) didn't say it was to do with Brexit (though it did imply it). It said the passport thing was happening after Brexit.

I've been amazed how you have tried to divert this into a discussion about which countries currently follow EU rules, what happens in France, etc.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with EU rules. It's about something that will happen after the UK has left the EU.

If you re-read the thread, comments about bending the EU rules, France etc didn't come from me originally. I believe a number of others, in particular Stuart Hopkin, made posts about it. How on earth you are "amazed" and that I "diverted" the discussion is just weird. I just commented about the ongoing point that was under discussion.

Okay, you weren't first to drag the irrelevant issue of EU rules in but you've had plenty to say about it.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: March 23, 2018, 02:33:39 PM »

If we start making value judgements about what is relevant and irrelevant then we might as well all pack up - it's a farkin conversation, people say relevant things and irrelevant things and it's just fine.

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: March 23, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »

What it means is :

Okay, you weren't first to drag the irrelevant issue of EU rules in but you've had plenty to say about it.

The work was tendered following EU rules for public contract tenders.

These rules will still be followed after Brexit.

I am amazed at your amazement and not 100% sure what I have done wrong.   Cry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: March 23, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »

Every decision and every outcome will now be linked to Brexit. Brilliant. However I think Leave will shrug the bad and fist-pump the good. Remain will be hopping up and down calling everyone stupid nomatter what. They will secretly seethe the good and relish the bad. Can't be good for your health.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: March 23, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »

Every decision and every outcome will now be linked to Brexit. Brilliant. However I think Leave will shrug the bad and fist-pump the good. Remain will be hopping up and down calling everyone stupid nomatter what. They will secretly seethe the good and relish the bad. Can't be good for your health.

One of my mates farted and followed through last week, he blamed Brexit of course.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: March 23, 2018, 06:38:01 PM »

You are so wrong. Woodsey and Rick have posted stuff like this previously and it's just as wrong now as when they posted it. I'm not sure whether you are being mischievous or you really think that. I believe that leaving the EU is the craziest decision ever taken in my lifetime but I hope we get through this as well as we can, and things are as good as possible going forward. I live here and it's in my interest for Brexit to work, so I really hope I am completely wrong and the country flourishes. Can't see it though.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: March 23, 2018, 07:24:57 PM »

You are so wrong. Woodsey and Rick have posted stuff like this previously and it's just as wrong now as when they posted it. I'm not sure whether you are being mischievous or you really think that. I believe that leaving the EU is the craziest decision ever taken in my lifetime but I hope we get through this as well as we can, and things are as good as possible going forward. I live here and it's in my interest for Brexit to work, so I really hope I am completely wrong and the country flourishes. Can't see it though.

It’s not wrong, similar things have been said on this thread before, I have personally witnessed people say things like that many times.

My mate I was joking about above is always saying stuff like that, only last weekend his comment was he hoped in the areas that voted out that received EU funding were punished and suffer as a result of the losing the funding ‘they deserve it because of their stupidity’, even I was surprised he came out with that as he is a big socialist.

He was due to be made redundant a few months ago.......Brexits fault obviously Wink his employer did a last minute u turn and offered him a way better job to stay and about £20k more per year. Of course I was winding him up about the fact it was down to Brexit he got the better job and he should be thankful   sea of excuses why not obviously  Roll Eyes Cheesy
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: March 23, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »

Of course I'm being mischievous. But it's merely for balance because Remain are both so certain about the future and so lamentable about a decision that's already been made. I can't deny those two things agitate me.  

What I really think is that I just don't know if it's a good decision or a bad one, probably bad but who really knows how things are going to pan out? It appears crazy to break from a union when security and economic risk tell us that union is a positive. On the other hand I think Europe played their cards like a bag of spanners and the British people called. Again I can't deny that there's something hugely impressive about our spirit, always has been. Calling that stupid is really ignorant and so sadly the mischief will continue.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:31:45 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: March 23, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »

Guess that’s largely nailed down Corbo’s position....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43521321
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: March 23, 2018, 07:44:25 PM »

Guess that’s largely nailed down Corbo’s position....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43521321

Oh shit yes, that's the third thing that agitates me and it's a humdinger. People chiming in and chirping up during negotiations, during frigging negotiations. I do not understand it at all. 

Pages: 1 ... 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: