blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 923 924 925 926 [927] 928 929 930 931 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180480 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13890 on: September 12, 2018, 08:38:42 PM »

funnily enough, finding it difficult to attract staff

So NHS is actively trying to recruit another 100,000 staff and the Labour bloke says this is caused by austerity?  Run that by me again?

Haha, was it Diane Abbott by chance or is there another Uber clown in their ranks? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Do we think 8 years of real term pay cuts has played a part in this situation?

The financial crisis probably did of which labour would not have dealt with better than the Tories, highly likely worse as they like to piss money down the drain....

Like spending money on people to staff our hospitals? Itā€™s kind of hard to see your point in this context, since we are taking specifically about a failure to provide funding to staff our hospitals.

Labour would be doing no better and probably finding new ways to send the country skint with abolition of uni fees etc. Fortunately they canā€™t even take on the Tories while they are so piss poor and a labour split looks on the cards so that will send them into the wilderness for 10 years probably.

Will someone smack Owen Jones square in the face if they get a chance btw? Annoying little sanctimonious prick.....
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: September 12, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »

So NHS is actively trying to recruit another 100,000 staff and the Labour bloke says this is caused by austerity?  Run that by me again?

Haha, was it Diane Abbott by chance or is there another Uber clown in their ranks? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

The financial crisis probably did of which labour would not have dealt with better than the Tories, highly likely worse as they like to piss money down the drain....

Like spending money on people to staff our hospitals? Itā€™s kind of hard to see your point in this context, since we are taking specifically about a failure to provide funding to staff our hospitals.

The funding is there though.  They are actively recruiting.  The reason they are struggling to recruit is largely due to uncertainty over Brexit for potential overseas workers.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: September 12, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »

The funding is there though.  They are actively recruiting.  The reason they are struggling to recruit is largely due to uncertainty over Brexit for potential overseas workers.

8 years of running something in to the ground, then providing limited emergency money once things are desperate, doesnā€™t count as funding something in my eyes.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: September 12, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »

8 years of running something in to the ground, then providing limited emergency money once things are desperate, doesnā€™t count as funding something in my eyes.

Advertising for 100k new jobs is on the face of it ā€œfundingā€.   In any case whatever our views on NHS budget itā€™s 99% the labour nimrod just blurted his austerity soundbite with no thought to whether it made sense in the context of Brexit and NHS recruitment.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: September 12, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »

Significantly increasing the NHS budget with consistently above inflation funding increases doesnā€™t constitute ā€œrunning something into the groundā€

The will never be enough money for the NHS in its current structure.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: September 12, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »

An example that does constitute 'running something into the ground' is JC heading up Labour

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: September 12, 2018, 10:51:37 PM »

Key Facts
ā€¢ In March 2018 there were 28,998 advertised vacancy full-time equivalents in England published, this compares to 30,613 in 2017, 26,424 in 2016 and 26,406 in 2015

This is from the NHS digital website and the link is shown below

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/nhs-vacancies-survey/nhs-vacancy-statistics-england---february-2015---march-2018-provisional-experimental-statistics

There are many structural issues with the UK economy and I think we could easily argue that lack of investment (training, paying people to train in needed areas etc) and the right levels of incentive to continue to attract good people, globally, to supplement our own resources, are factors.

From the numbers above it doesn't appear that Brexit is much of a factor at all.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:54:20 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: September 12, 2018, 10:56:44 PM »

In fact, isn't it more likely that the rise in vacancies is indicative of  the recent decisions to spend more in the NHS rather than indicating ongoing lack of funding or other migration factors.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: September 12, 2018, 11:03:09 PM »

Vacancies, low unemployment would normally be considered signs of a strong economy and good investment levels - it's a really odd pass we've arrived at. Fake news, fake news

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: September 12, 2018, 11:07:34 PM »

Vacancies, low unemployment would normally be considered signs of a strong economy and good investment levels - it's a really odd pass we've arrived at. Fake news, fake news

Good opportunity for a whine by some though..... 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: September 13, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »

Sky News obtains Government letter to EU27 member states acknowledging No Deal risks to travel continuity, Transport Secretary Chris Grayling seeking side deals on aviation and roads

https://news.sky.com/story/revealed-governments-eu27-gambit-to-maintain-existing-air-and-road-links-11496108

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: September 13, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »

Ryanair boss warns Brexit could ground planes. He also said transport secretary Chris Grayling has offered "nonsensical answers" on Brexit.

(though one assumes he'll have them flying over for Cheltenham week!)

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-boss-michael-oleary-warns-planes-could-be-grounded-due-to-brexit-11496024

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: September 13, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »

"What about a bus?"

"We tried the fucking bus. The fucking bus is why we're here."

"How about me making an allusion to something in antiquity - perhaps in latin?"

"Shut it Mogg. Honest to God. Shut the fuck up."

Another of those modern pictures that could have been old master paintings.....

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: September 13, 2018, 08:43:47 AM »

Dominic Raab accuses people who warn about food shortages of ā€œscaremongeringā€

He has also insisted Britain wonā€™t pay a penny of the divorce bill if no deal is forthcoming as pressure is ramped up on Brussels

Think itā€™s starting to dawn on Barnier that heā€™s been over-playing his hand for the last 2yrs

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: September 13, 2018, 08:46:25 AM »

He has also insisted Britain wonā€™t pay a penny of the divorce bill if no deal is forthcoming as pressure is ramped up on Brussels

There is a moral hazard with this. We need to do deals with 175 countries and how are they going to feel if we go back on agreements and don't pay?

Yes try and ramp up the pressure (it won't work) but it comes at a long term cost

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 923 924 925 926 [927] 928 929 930 931 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: