blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:54:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191560 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #15930 on: December 20, 2018, 10:09:01 AM »

I actually think Tony Blair is a fairly good looking bloke. He's no Justin Trudeau mind you.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: December 20, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »

Press Association

Verified account

@PA
 36m36 minutes ago
More
#Breaking An estimated 597 homeless people died in England and Wales in 2017, an increase of 24% over five years, the Office for National Statistics says

A proud moment I am sure

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: December 20, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/homeless-man-dies-metres-from-westminster-entrance_uk_5c1a621de4b0432554c6a3b6

Another proud moment, a man working in a kitchen dies because he has nowhere to sleep
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: December 20, 2018, 10:19:20 AM »

No different to people dying in hospital corridors etc.

What is your point apart from it's very sad, and in many cases probably could have been avoided?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: December 20, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »

I think that is the point
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: December 20, 2018, 10:45:38 AM »

Good looking is important. So is being tall.

Shouldn’t make a difference, ‘technically’ doesn’t matter.

But we live in a world full of people so it does.

Tis why looking like a homeless person is another bad move for Corbyn

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: December 20, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »

Agree.

If I walked into a meeting and the person I met resembled Corbyn then would make some judgements - rightly or wrongly. Can't be bothered to put a tie on, comb hair, shine shoes, have a shave etc. etc. It's the same reason why companies still struggle with tattoos, piercings, dodgy hair cuts etc. People will make judgements.

Party leaders are surrounded by nerdy advisors anyway surely. Why can't the leader be the charismatic guy/girl we want to vote for and keep the scruffy super intelligent people hidden away. PM should be a figurehead that the people rally behind - it's basic marketing right.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: December 20, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »

Agree.

If I walked into a meeting and the person I met resembled Corbyn then would make some judgements - rightly or wrongly. Can't be bothered to put a tie on, comb hair, shine shoes, have a shave etc. etc. It's the same reason why companies still struggle with tattoos, piercings, dodgy hair cuts etc. People will make judgements.

Party leaders are surrounded by nerdy advisors anyway surely. Why can't the leader be the charismatic guy/girl we want to vote for and keep the scruffy super intelligent people hidden away. PM should be a figurehead that the people rally behind - it's basic marketing right.

Bit of a step between acknowledging there is a bias towards good looking people in the population and saying that you yourself want someone good looking to vote for.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: December 20, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »

Agree.

Bit of a step between acknowledging there is a bias towards good looking people in the population and saying that you yourself want someone good looking to vote for.

Agree.

I would like to feel vaguely engaged to vote for someone. I am shallow, looks are a part of that but, yes, charisma is more important and occasionally I might even listen to what they are saying. Being even remotely relatable would be a good starting point. The majority of politicians are so unlike anyone I have ever met in my life that it is hard to even feign interest in listening to them most of the time.

When the man picked up the gold rod last week and the speaker was shouting NO NO NO NO. That sums up politics for me. Not the real world.

I like Theresa May, and think she usually nails it with fashion choices. She must have a good stylist.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: December 20, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »

Grey/silver hair is another plus point

We can sing...

Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me
And the entire human race...

But history is littered with poorly qualified good looking leaders all the same

The goal is to get elected and in the movies baddies are ugly and heroes are handsome

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: December 20, 2018, 12:05:04 PM »

https://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/science-says-the-ugliest-3-percent-of-people-out-e.html

This is interesting.

The ugliness premium - when you get to a certain level of ugly, opinions flip flop and you start getting popular again. People root for the underdog.

"The top 3% of ugly people actually out-earned the fifty percent of people who were average-looking or just kind of ugly"
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: December 20, 2018, 12:06:42 PM »

I don’t care whether Corbin said ‘ woman ‘ or ‘ person ‘

I do care if he said ‘ woman ‘ but says he said ‘ person ‘
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: December 20, 2018, 12:20:03 PM »

https://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/science-says-the-ugliest-3-percent-of-people-out-e.html

This is interesting.

The ugliness premium - when you get to a certain level of ugly, opinions flip flop and you start getting popular again. People root for the underdog.

"The top 3% of ugly people actually out-earned the fifty percent of people who were average-looking or just kind of ugly"

Nah mate, that’s just inbreeding amongst the aristocracies who are minted anyway  
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: December 20, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »

All fairly pointless. Corbyn is scruffy, he's an idiot and a useless leader.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #15944 on: December 20, 2018, 12:34:03 PM »

Why can’t they get rid of Bercow ?
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: