blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180481 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17310 on: May 22, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »

Brexit: Has PM's 'new deal' made things worse?

cliffs: yes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48359132

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: May 22, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »

Still a major moment though. Despite the desperation and the fact she probably is going down - the prime minister validated the idea of a second referendum.

Has tried everything!

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17312 on: May 22, 2019, 10:28:59 AM »

i think i have it all worked out anyway..

clears throat

--

Fourth WAB vote fails, by bigger majority than previous three

May goes

Tory Members, a majority of whom are pro WTO get outers, are faced with a choice of Boris and Raab (my favourite Brexit bullshitter because, alone among people saying they could negotiate a better deal, he has tried once already, when it was literally his job, and already failed.)

Boris becomes Prime Minister

Goes to Europe. Discovers he can't get any material concessions either

In the run up to October, time is running out

No WAB can get through parliament, no majority for 2nd ref, CU, no deal...nothing

The choice then becomes stark,no deal or revoke.

Boris of course opts for no deal

but he cannot get it through Parliament.

There is a vote of no confidence. The One nation tories know going to the polls would be disaster but cannot accept no deal

the government falls

Election

Tories lose many seats but Corbyn doesn't make that much headway either. From a Lab/Tory combined vote of 80% in 2017, that falls to the mid 60s as Lib dems make some progress and the Brexit Party is second in a lot of seats

Corbyn attempts to put together a coalition, but his potential coalition partners will not accept leaving.

He eventually argues that ending austerity, improving equality, investing in services, nationalising stuff is more important and opts to stick with revoke

Civil disorder follows, making the poll tax riots look like a 5th birthday party

after that, dunno!

Thanks Rich, best read of the day, and that's saying something cos I'm into this bad boy atm.

The older I get, the better I was.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: May 22, 2019, 10:51:52 AM »

This is no real surprise as many of the Labour candidates are campaigning on a pro-Remain message, and choosing to interpret the Labour policy to be backing a 2nd referendum, which is completely disingenuous as far as I'm concerned.  Lord Adonis is particularly guilty of this, but I'm seeing it with the Yorkshire and Humber candidates too, and no doubt its the same around the country.

The pro-remain candidates are undoubtedly as frustrated with the leadership as pro-remain Labour voters, but trying to 'spin' the policy to mislead the public is a step too far for me.  Labour deserve an enormous electoral kicking in the EU elections for it, as much as the Conservative do for getting us into this mess in the first place.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: May 22, 2019, 11:05:31 AM »

It’s just going to divide down Brexit lines I guess. For the first time since 1997, I will be voting the same way as Michael Heseltine. The Lib Dems are decent in this area on the whole, they never win many votes, it’s a very Tory area.

This is a very good summary of how things have changed in such a short time.

The fact that you can't vote Labour, and that Hezza can't vote Tory, is extremely significant in terms of the 'plague on both your houses' viewpoint that I think we'll see nationally in the results.

For pro-remainers, tactical voting now becomes significant in terms of the overall result, but most people won't understand the detail of the voting system or the significance of this, unless they follow political debate particularly closely.  I'm now planning to vote Green in Yorkshire & Humber as I think it's the best chance of 2nd remain seat in the region.  The wider Lib Dem resurge should pick up the first, but will likely not be enough for a 2nd one, so this will now be the 3rd political party I've ever voted for in any election (Labour and Lib Dem being the other two).

Turnout is going to be hugely significant overall, in an election which generally attracts low turnout figures.  Plenty of traditional Tory and Labour voters won't be voting for them this time, but the split between those who don't bother voting at all and those who motivate themselves to vote for someone else could be key to how the overall picture looks.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: May 22, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »

good grief, how do you reason with someone like this? Really firmly held views and won't brook any nuance

https://twitter.com/BBCWalesNews/status/1130940872445579264

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: May 22, 2019, 11:54:02 AM »

British Steel seeks government loan for 'Brexit issues'

reports it is close to administration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48267688

and before you say "nothing to do with brexit",

Also nothing to do with Brexit:

Sony, Dyson, Flybmi, Jaguar, Nissan, Honda, Ford, Moneygram, Philips, P&O, Airbus, Barclays, Hitachi, JPMorgan, Citibank,

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: May 22, 2019, 12:29:22 PM »

good grief, how do you reason with someone like this? Really firmly held views and won't brook any nuance

Lunatic!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: May 22, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »

sorry i am posting too much. just so staggered every day!

So its possibly May's last PMQs. British Steel is in receivership. Dozens of her own MPs are openly plotting to get her out.

Corbyn stands up, mentions none of that and asks multiple questions on school funding (important though it is) and by consensus loses the dispatch box exchange

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: May 22, 2019, 01:06:43 PM »

So its possibly May's last PMQs. British Steel is in receivership. Dozens of her own MPs are openly plotting to get her out.

Corbyn stands up, mentions none of that and asks multiple questions on school funding (important though it is) and by consensus loses the dispatch box exchange

Post more.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: May 22, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »

Post more.

thumbs up
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: May 22, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »

Lunatic!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/woman-gets-asbo-banning-her-from-sea-after-50-suicide-attempts-that-cost-taxpayers-1m-6597468.html

supposedly the same woman

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17322 on: May 22, 2019, 03:00:18 PM »

Post more.

thumbs up

Keep posting Rich, yours is the best stuff to steal.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: May 22, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »

Post more.

thumbs up

Keep posting Rich, yours is the best stuff to steal.

Funny you should say that, I already nicked that "clears throat" Post he made earlier. I never claimed credit for it though, mainly as nobody there would ever believe I could write that well.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: May 22, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »

Absolute lunatic, then.

She should get a milkshake right in the boat.

Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 1158 1159 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: