blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 1318 1319 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180221 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #19710 on: August 13, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »

Lol Wiki is always so accurate

Being so very desperate to prove nothing remotely positive is possible is all very hilarious

3 of my mates have Wiki pages, all made up by others we know. Bar their name, not a single fact on them...... Grin

The Encyclopedia Britannica and the Encyclopedia Americana (to take 2 examples) contain errors - it doesn't mean that every fact or every entry in them is wrong.

People just believing stuff they read is a failure of critical analysis skills whether they're reading the Sun, The Times, The Encyclopedia Britannica or a Wikipedia article - the more reliable the sources and the more multiple the sources (and that the sources are stated) leads to the more reliable that particular outlet being as evidence one way or another.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: August 13, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »

Analysis of Irish trade tells us UK & US are the big two

Remain have spent so long obsessing about the oblivion that awaits UK citizens Ireland has been forgotten

When Ireland cannot trade with UK & trade with US diminishes the pain will be a very real fact. No freedom of movement, increased violence, huge disruption, economic catastrophe.

So I suggest Remain take some of that Armageddon rhetoric and apply it to Irish lives. Cos posting Wiki pages saying 95% of Ireland fist pump EU is very ridiculous.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: August 13, 2019, 09:54:35 AM »

When Ireland cannot trade with UK & trade with US diminishes the pain will be a very real fact. No freedom of movement

I'm fairly sure IE/UK freedom of movement is remaining after Brexit, the Common Travel Area is staying.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: August 13, 2019, 09:54:53 AM »

Analysis of Irish trade tells us UK & US are the big two

Remain have spent so long obsessing about the oblivion that awaits UK citizens Ireland has been forgotten

When Ireland cannot trade with UK & trade with US diminishes the pain will be a very real fact. No freedom of movement, increased violence, huge disruption, economic catastrophe.

So I suggest Remain take some of that Armageddon rhetoric and apply it to Irish lives. Cos posting Wiki pages saying 95% of Ireland fist pump EU is very ridiculous.

Do you read this nonsense somewhere (would be genuinely interesting to know where if you do) or just make it up yourself?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: August 13, 2019, 10:26:17 AM »

today's round up

"Boris Johnson believes EU will do a new Brexit deal, but only at the last minute. Otherwise, “Ireland is f*****d”, says a Cabinet minister."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/9709116/boris-johnson-eu-cave-in-ireland-no-deal/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: August 13, 2019, 10:26:55 AM »

Might show some domestic audiences that the UK is serious about Brexit. It shows every other country how fundamentally unserious this Government is to voluntarily not attend meetings which may be influential.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/08/12/uk-officials-pull-eu-meetings-show-britain-serious-brexit/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: August 13, 2019, 10:27:53 AM »

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, Boris Johnson is reportedly planning to buy almost the entirety of Wales’s lambs

One of the oddest parts of no deal, baa none

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2019/08/disastrous-outcome-why-experts-think-food-shortages-are-coming-no-deal

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19717 on: August 13, 2019, 10:34:55 AM »

It's perhaps a subtle distinction, but it seems to me that the remainers argue against Brexit and the Brexiteers argue against the remainers.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: August 13, 2019, 10:55:16 AM »

Latest ONS data on pay was released this morning. Earnings growth has continued to strengthen over the past few months: average real earnings are 1.9% higher than this time last year.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: August 13, 2019, 10:55:48 AM »

However, the recent strength in pay growth is yet to make up for the poor performance since the financial crisis. Real pay is still £4 lower a week on average than pre-crisis peak.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:29 AM »

Looking ahead, too, pay prospects are far less rosy. Productivity, the long-term driver of pay, fell by 0.6% in the three months to June - the fourth consecutive quarter-on-quarter fall.

My eyes are open wide
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: August 13, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, Boris Johnson is reportedly planning to buy almost the entirety of Wales’s lambs

One of the oddest parts of no deal, baa none

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2019/08/disastrous-outcome-why-experts-think-food-shortages-are-coming-no-deal

Had the pleasure of a Toby Carvery the other day....

All day, everyday you can enjoy our classic Carvery Menu. Satisfy your carvery craving with tender slices of beef, pork, turkey or glazed gammon, ruffled roasties, Yorkshire puds and unlimited veg and now... we have lamb on Sunday!

Soon it will be everyday  thumbs up
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: August 14, 2019, 03:05:14 AM »

I wonder when and how many times will Jeremy Corbyn have to press the NC button before Halloween? By the looks of the media coverage it looks like it will have to be straight away?

Will he get it through? I think so. Just.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: August 14, 2019, 09:26:36 AM »

https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/balfour-beatty-beats-brexit-uncertainty

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: August 14, 2019, 10:00:26 AM »

It's time for the author of the referendum to explain that respecting its outcome doesn’t have to mean disrespecting the fundamental importance of parliament, says James Kirkup

(link: https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/its-time-david-cameron-returned-to-fix-his-brexit-mess/)

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 1318 1319 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: