blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 1327 1328 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195048 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19845 on: August 18, 2019, 12:23:10 PM »

Meanwhile Finkelstein in the times on On people who opposed any deal, hoping to stop Brexit:

http://thetimes.co.uk/article/60119be2-bddf-11e9-8b63-a58ca55a4a3b

Sums up why my real distaste is reserved for the vocal remainers way, way, way ahead of the ERG tin hat brigade

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #19846 on: August 18, 2019, 12:48:39 PM »

Meanwhile Finkelstein in the times on On people who opposed any deal, hoping to stop Brexit:

Sums up why my real distaste is reserved for the vocal remainers way, way, way ahead of the ERG tin hat brigade

Tend to agree. Clowns vote down a deal time and time again, which whilst wasn’t perfect, did get us out in a fashion, only potentially to end up with something much worse.

And they still don’t realise it.

The MPs voting against any Brexit deal are living in a bubble that is nothing like the real world. Well played guys. Fucking idiotic.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19847 on: August 18, 2019, 12:55:03 PM »

The leaked paper is the first evidence that Germany may be preparing to let Britain walk away with No Deal rather than back down to Boris Johnson’s demand to drop the Irish backstop

(playing Boris at his own expectations management/PR game)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/08/16/germany-expects-no-deal-will-not-renegotiate-says-leaked-briefing/

Yep the German press have ‘leaked’ a German government report that they won’t negotiate and are cool with No Deal

More leaks than a Welsh sieve at present imo

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19848 on: August 18, 2019, 01:21:50 PM »

The details of Operation Yellowhammer are horrifying - we are not remotely ready for a no deal Brexit

Operation Chaos: Whitehall’s secret no‑deal plan leaked

https://t.co/5EU0iWFHWK

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #19849 on: August 18, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »

The details of Operation Yellowhammer are horrifying - we are not remotely ready for a no deal Brexit

Operation Chaos: Whitehall’s secret no‑deal plan leaked

https://t.co/5EU0iWFHWK

Important qualifier that these are considered the most likely eventualities, not the worst case.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19850 on: August 18, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »

Think EU allowing 282 fishing vessels to illegally enter UK waters from day 1 pretty much sums up the respect level that turned me right off

The EU. It does what it wants.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19851 on: August 18, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »

Think EU allowing 282 fishing vessels to illegally enter UK waters from day 1 pretty much sums up the respect level that turned me right off

The EU. It does what it wants.

snigger

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19852 on: August 18, 2019, 02:26:41 PM »

Lol

Spare some sympathy for the DexEU junior staffer who is going to find out Monday morning they have to produce a No-Deal analysis for public consumption that simultaneously proves there's nothing to be concerned about and that the EU should immediately surrender unconditionally.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19853 on: August 18, 2019, 03:08:09 PM »

You think the analysis should demonstrate there’s nothing to be concerned about?

More importantly if EU doesn’t recognise international borders afterwards it looks the Irish problem is gonna be easy to solve, crack on as before

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19854 on: August 18, 2019, 03:10:47 PM »

Some bits are hard to unpick - 'severe extended delays' seems to only apply to medicines compared to 'up to 85% of lorries delayed for 2 1/2 days'.

I expect the UK customs people have been told to clamp down on incoming medicines especially

sola virtus nobilitat
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #19855 on: August 18, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »

Tend to agree. Clowns vote down a deal time and time again, which whilst wasn’t perfect, did get us out in a fashion, only potentially to end up with something much worse.

And they still don’t realise it.

The MPs voting against any Brexit deal are living in a bubble that is nothing like the real world. Well played guys. Fucking idiotic.

Exactly....and the transitional period meant an orderly period to sort out the rest.

Some Labour shadow spokesperson on Sophie Ridge program this morning asked "so why didnt you vote for May's/EU's soft Brexit deal ?" ........"well it didn't met our 6 tests etc".

LOL....how are your 6 tests looking now!!?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:40:29 PM by ripple11 » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19856 on: August 18, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »

Yeah, this will happen

Diabetes sufferers dying in the streets as we become a 3rd world country overnight.

I wonder if EU officials read blogs like this and because of Remainers so keen to be proven right, they go back to their bosses and say " yeah, no need to make any concessions they cant even agree amongst themselves, and some even seem happy if we take the piss"?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19857 on: August 18, 2019, 08:36:03 PM »

Always amusing to see people try and blame the MP’s with the benefit of hindsight

Blocking no deal - MP’s fault
No Brexit deal - MP’s fault
No majority for anything - MP’s fault

Brexit is complex. Leaving one part of the U.K. in the EU isn’t something folk can vote for, tariffs and shortages not something MP’s can vote for either. Just because we’re heading for no deal, suddenly it’s the MP’s fault.

Funnily enough it’s only the leave voters that say it too. Trying to take the blame off themselves for that utterly baffling decision to leave in the first place.

But hey, we can make our own laws and the Eastern European’s aren’t coming no more, cya
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19858 on: August 18, 2019, 10:12:24 PM »

MPs offered the referendum, didn’t provide much info, Boris bus, triggered Article 50 too soon, fucked the negotiations, relentless bickering, rejected the only deal, Maybot dancing, voted for self-interests, won’t talk to each other anymore, no plan, want JCorbs as PM.

blameless not a word springing to mind

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #19859 on: August 18, 2019, 10:55:38 PM »

Always amusing to see people try and blame the MP’s with the benefit of hindsight

Blocking no deal - MP’s fault
No Brexit deal - MP’s fault
No majority for anything - MP’s fault

Brexit is complex. Leaving one part of the U.K. in the EU isn’t something folk can vote for, tariffs and shortages not something MP’s can vote for either. Just because we’re heading for no deal, suddenly it’s the MP’s fault.

Funnily enough it’s only the leave voters that say it too. Trying to take the blame off themselves for that utterly baffling decision to leave in the first place.

But hey, we can make our own laws and the Eastern European’s aren’t coming no more, cya

Unsurprisingly if MP’s had voted for the deal their would be no threat of no deal would there?

Whether it’s the ERG, DUP, Lib Dem’s, moderate Tories and Labour, they have all screwed up between them.
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 1327 1328 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: