blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180404 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21990 on: November 12, 2019, 09:51:24 PM »

Like whiter than white Donald, then. They're all double busy when it suits their own ends.

She's got some kind of book out with her nipper, so no shock she's putting herself about a bit again.

Exactly the same thing applies to Trump.

Not his place or hers to interfere in British politics.

Why not Hillary? She’s a private citizen with no political job - bit different from the President wading in.

Hilary Clinton has always been progressive and strive for equality, Donald Trump has not

It’s something I’m not surprised a leave voter has said. Pretty funny really, considering they’ve been nowhere when Trump has been sticking his nose in
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21991 on: November 12, 2019, 10:13:12 PM »

Like whiter than white Donald, then. They're all double busy when it suits their own ends.

She's got some kind of book out with her nipper, so no shock she's putting herself about a bit again.

Why not Hillary? She’s a private citizen with no political job - bit different from the President wading in.

Hilary Clinton has always been progressive and strive for equality, Donald Trump has not

It’s something I’m not surprised a leave voter has said. Pretty funny really, considering they’ve been nowhere when Trump has been sticking his nose in

Oh dear. More nonsense Aaron. I think Trump is a bully and a shambles as a president. Is that a leave voters view? Not every issue has a direct correlation with how people voted on Brexit ffs.

As for Clinton and her progressive views and striving for equality, that’s nonsense too - she had vastly different views on gay rights in 2008 and has since changed. “Always progressive” is just more nonsense.

She has multiple skeletons in the closet but decides to lecture us on democracy. It’s a joke.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21992 on: November 12, 2019, 10:23:41 PM »

Yeah, her having always been progressive is pretty com.

From about 2m 30 on here for a few minutes is pretty com, and they talk about Hilary for a minute or two from 4m.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21993 on: November 12, 2019, 10:36:15 PM »

From about 2m 30 on here for a few minutes is pretty com, and they talk about Hilary for a minute or two from 4m.

Thanks for that Marky. Those guys seem to have sussed her but as they say she was still probably the lessor of two evils at the last US election.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21994 on: November 12, 2019, 10:51:50 PM »

Thanks for that Marky. Those guys seem to have sussed her but as they say she was still probably the lessor of two evils at the last US election.

We'd probably be on parity with the $ if she had won, and he wasn't deflecting a lot of attention from our motley crue at No 10 Cheesy

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21995 on: November 13, 2019, 12:54:58 AM »

Oh dear. More nonsense Aaron. I think Trump is a bully and a shambles as a president. Is that a leave voters view? Not every issue has a direct correlation with how people voted on Brexit ffs.

As for Clinton and her progressive views and striving for equality, that’s nonsense too - she had vastly different views on gay rights in 2008 and has since changed. “Always progressive” is just more nonsense.

She has multiple skeletons in the closet but decides to lecture us on democracy. It’s a joke.

The things is Richard is that Trump has been poking his nose in British politics and yet no word from you. He’s stopped transgender from being in the army.

There are plenty of blunders from political folk everywhere, but you choose Clinton instead of trump and Abbott over any MP.

Not sure what gay rights have to do with the conversation.

I’m just saying what I see.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21996 on: November 13, 2019, 01:55:01 AM »

Rick had a few words to say on Trump.

Gay rights has to do with the fact that you said Clinton has always been progressive, when in fact she has been anything but.

As said in the podcast. She's a huckster. Like most politicians.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21997 on: November 13, 2019, 07:37:53 AM »

The things is Richard is that Trump has been poking his nose in British politics and yet no word from you. He’s stopped transgender from being in the army.

There are plenty of blunders from political folk everywhere, but you choose Clinton instead of trump and Abbott over any MP.

Not sure what gay rights have to do with the conversation.

I’m just saying what I see.

I’m commenting on the news today and that was about Clinton.

I have said previously Trump is a bully and should be nowhere near the White House.

Can’t be much clearer than that.

You said Clinton “has always been progressive and strives for equality”. Your words. Gay rights has been at the forefront of improving equality but Clinton had previously refused to support improved gay rights, gay marriage etc and then had her road to Damascus moment in 2013. She was previously more concerned about appealing to the more conservative/old style view of family values in the US before that. When the tide was turning and it was electorally prudent she changed her views.

That podcast sums it up perfectly. She is a liar and an opportunist. Like a lot of politicians however you seem to think otherwise.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21998 on: November 15, 2019, 01:14:27 AM »

More fluffy unicorns announced by Labour tonight in the form of free Broadband for all, achieved via partial nationalisation of BT.

Chuck another few billion onto the price tag of the promised giveaways.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21999 on: November 15, 2019, 07:06:10 AM »

More fluffy unicorns announced by Labour tonight in the form of free Broadband for all, achieved via partial nationalisation of BT.

I like this policy. The internet is essentially a basic right these days. Certainly by 2030.

Blue text
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22000 on: November 15, 2019, 08:11:31 AM »

I like this policy. The internet is essentially a basic right these days. Certainly by 2030.

Basic right wtf? You’ll saying free mobile phones for all next......

Labour will bankrupt the country if the got in, fortunately it’s very unlikely to happen.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22001 on: November 15, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »

It's getting a bit silly now, I'm surprised to see people on the socials whom I thought would be persuaded by this also saying how stupid it seems.

Reminds me a tad of this classic spoof headline:

https://babylonbee.com/news/ocasio-cortez-appears-on-price-is-right-guesses-everything-is-free
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22002 on: November 15, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »

The bit where they tax Amazon, Facebook and Google more is surely ok though?  How they do it is the problem, and not sure it is easily resolved.   I kind of hate taxing some multinationals penally nd not others "correctly", though accept there can be a big dispute on what is "correctly".   The solution shouldn't be a race to the bottom between countries/states on corporation tax or we all suffer.

I get that broadband for all is a worthwhile aim, but does it need to be superfast and don't we fix all the people who haven't got usable broadband first?   There is a case that Openreach should be a Nationalised company, I have read many complaints about Openreach and the BT monopoly from all sides.  And it is 2030, so it isn't such a bold claim?

The real issue is that people just get a bit wary of the drip feed of ambitious spending plans that "others" will pay for.  I don't think the Conservatives are that far off on broadband, but they just haven't costed it, or produced a target?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22003 on: November 15, 2019, 09:35:50 AM »

Meanwhile the BT share price barely moves; guess that is more a reflection of Labour's election chances than the possible part Nationalisation?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22004 on: November 15, 2019, 09:38:03 AM »

The bit where they tax Amazon, Facebook and Google more is surely ok though?  How they do it is the problem, and not sure it is easily resolved.   I kind of hate taxing some multinationals penally nd not others "correctly", though accept there can be a big dispute on what is "correctly".   The solution shouldn't be a race to the bottom between countries/states on corporation tax or we all suffer.

I get that broadband for all is a worthwhile aim, but does it need to be superfast and don't we fix all the people who haven't got usable broadband first?   There is a case that Openreach should be a Nationalised company, I have read many complaints about Openreach and the BT monopoly from all sides.  And it is 2030, so it isn't such a bold claim?

The real issue is that people just get a bit wary of the drip feed of ambitious spending plans that "others" will pay for.  I don't think the Conservatives are that far off on broadband, but they just haven't costed it, or produced a target?

The Conservatives are aiming to get superfast broadband available for everybody - that's a pretty long way from saying free broadband for everyone.

Reducing corporation tax to attract companies and how to effectively tax complex multinationals like amazon and google etc aren't really the same issue.

The latter is already being addressed, but it's far from clear how much money it'll actually raise because it's always going to be an ongoing war between accountants.

And spending that money on free broadband for everyone doesn't immediately seem like it should be a priority.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: