blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2192173 times)
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22425 on: December 09, 2019, 08:03:47 PM »

My guess tories 25 seats short, election next March.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22426 on: December 09, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »

5 seat majority
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #22427 on: December 09, 2019, 09:19:20 PM »

23 seat majority
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #22428 on: December 09, 2019, 09:28:49 PM »

4.6m views of the Joe Pike 4 year old in hospital Boris interview video on twitter in half a day.

It makes no difference though?

Zero difference.

18 majority
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22429 on: December 09, 2019, 10:45:03 PM »

I’m not sure why NewsNight keep saying this election balances on South Yorkshire. It doesn’t.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22430 on: December 09, 2019, 10:45:35 PM »

4.6m views of the Joe Pike 4 year old in hospital Boris interview video on twitter in half a day.

Of course similar stories now follow until Thursday......ie Mirror again tomorrow.  
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22431 on: December 09, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »

7.2m now.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22432 on: December 10, 2019, 12:16:02 AM »

It's twitter though, i'd be pretty surprised if more than about 7 people on twitter are floating voters

Oh come on 7? It now has over 7m views, why are people watching it? This is also on the national news too.

There are still tens of thousands of Labour leave voters who are playing with their conscious whether they can vote Conservative. I think folk who are very unsure or who might tick the Labour box, reluctantly, will be swayed by this. Or at the very minimum choose to vote for the BXP.

I think this is the moment. I think he's made a big ass blooper here and his advisors must be furious with how he's handled it.

Forget about Andrew Neil roasting Corbyn or Corbyn being neutral, this the calamity of the campaign

If they don't get that majority on Friday, then I think this will have swung it.   
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22433 on: December 10, 2019, 07:15:11 AM »

A & E waiting rooms gonna have to be kitted out like a first class cabin so everyone can have a lie down while they wait

sola virtus nobilitat
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22434 on: December 10, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »

A & E waiting rooms gonna have to be kitted out like a first class cabin so everyone can have a lie down while they wait

He wasn't in an A & E waiting room, he was in a treatment room after being assessed and treated already - they were waiting to admit him to the hospital.

They should have had a bed for him while he waited to be admitted onto the paedeatric ward but they did have chairs.

He evidently found it more comfortable to lie on a stack of coats while he waited than sit in a chair.

If it was an adult in the same situation - and there probably were many of those on the same night as this in that A&E - then the wait to be admitted is bad, but nobody would think it was particularly out of the ordinary.

It was a stupid journalistic trick to tug at emotions rather than a sensible jounalistic article - like if those super busy nights were increasingly common because of austerity - but people are always going to care more about a picture of a child than they are about a table full of numbers.

Having said that, kudos to Johnson for managing to handle it in the worst possible way.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22435 on: December 10, 2019, 09:55:57 AM »

Having said that, kudos to Johnson for managing to handle it in the worst possible way.

That's what I thought, Why couldn't he just look at the picture and react in the same way that any normal person would?

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22436 on: December 10, 2019, 10:10:38 AM »

He wasn't in an A & E waiting room, he was in a treatment room after being assessed and treated already - they were waiting to admit him to the hospital.

They should have had a bed for him while he waited to be admitted onto the paedeatric ward but they did have chairs.

He evidently found it more comfortable to lie on a stack of coats while he waited than sit in a chair.

If it was an adult in the same situation - and there probably were many of those on the same night as this in that A&E - then the wait to be admitted is bad, but nobody would think it was particularly out of the ordinary.

It was a stupid journalistic trick to tug at emotions rather than a sensible jounalistic article - like if those super busy nights were increasingly common because of austerity - but people are always going to care more about a picture of a child than they are about a table full of numbers.

Last line is great and mirrors my immediate thoughts. Was thinking of another pic I saw today of a baby having a snooze in a & e

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22437 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:34 AM »

Another big scoop, from a leaked conversation

Ashworth: Civil Service Machine Will Have to Move Quickly to Safeguard National Security from Corbyn

https://order-order.com/2019/12/10/ashworth-civil-service-machine-will-move-quickly-safeguard-national-security-corbyn/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22438 on: December 10, 2019, 11:17:34 AM »

Last line is great and mirrors my immediate thoughts. Was thinking of another pic I saw today of a baby having a snooze in a & e

The NHS is absolutely on its knees though. I’ve been spending loads of time in hospital recently and it’s carnage. There are wards where people recovering from having diseased organs removed ring their emergency assistance alarm and the only people in a position to help immediately are other patients, has to be seen to be believed. Looks like I won’t need to be in again for a while and I’m grateful for that but I feel desperate for anyone and everyone who is in hospital at the moment.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22439 on: December 10, 2019, 11:22:26 AM »

The NHS is absolutely on its knees though. I’ve been spending loads of time in hospital recently and it’s carnage. There are wards where people recovering from having diseased organs removed ring their emergency assistance alarm and the only people in a position to help immediately are other patients, has to be seen to be believed. Looks like I won’t need to be in again for a while and I’m grateful for that but I feel desperate for anyone and everyone who is in hospital at the moment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ApertureImage/status/1204022937478684674/photo/1
Pages: 1 ... 1492 1493 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: