blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535527 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 18, 2016, 08:30:39 PM »

Little 105 for two today on the bench. Helped having a spotter, but pleased with the strength today!

Nice work.

I was at 110 for 4 on Monday and might try 120 tomorrow if I feel good. I missed Tuesday and Wednesday because I've tweaked my lower back a tiny bit pushing it a bit on bent over row. Will be there tomorrow though and should be fine for Sunday.

Quite fancy a go at 3 plates on Sunday but will have to see......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 19, 2016, 04:47:16 PM »

Little 105 for two today on the bench. Helped having a spotter, but pleased with the strength today!

Nice work.

I was at 110 for 4 on Monday and might try 120 tomorrow if I feel good. I missed Tuesday and Wednesday because I've tweaked my lower back a tiny bit pushing it a bit on bent over row. Will be there tomorrow though and should be fine for Sunday.

Quite fancy a go at 3 plates on Sunday but will have to see......

Squat and deadlift seem to be going up up up, bench has a little less confidence.

Defo give it a go on Sunday, me and Sean can get either side.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »

Ok am putting my squats up for a slating again Wink  personally I think/hope they a lot better than the last ones....

This was this morning and despite not getting back from DTD till 4.15am this morning and the kids waking me up at 6.30am I still managed legs day at 8.30am and got through it all.

Today was the final day of phase two which was about mastering body weight in the dips and chins which is going to be an integral part of phase 3 which will start next week and the programme is posted below

So today
This first clip is sets 2/3 with 60kg inc bar and then 80kg which is 2kg over my current BW

Set 4 again with 80kg

So the next phase

Again all exercises are 4 sets of 8-12reps with 1 minute rest between sets with upper body days for me being Tues/Fri and Legs being Weds/Sat

Upper Body

Giant Set (one exercise to the other with zero rest and then 1 minute after the 4 exercises)
Incline Bench Press
Seated Shoulder Press
Dumbell Lateral Raise
Unassisted Tricep Dips

Wide Grip Chins

Close Grip Under Hand Chins

Legs

Dead Lift

Giant Set of
Heels Elevated Back Squat
Barbell Hip Thruster
Barbell Lunge (alternating legs)
Dumbbell Step Ups

The giant sets look pretty brutal Sad

The dietry side of the book rec's for this phase to really lower the carb count and rec's 209g Protein, 112g Carb and 72g Fat based upon my BW and I have been working on 155g Pro, 220g Carb, 75g Fat

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »

^^^
Did upper body today and man it was tough!

Quite a pump on after though.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »

After the last few leg sessions I have had a pins and needles feeling in my left arm down to the hand which goes a couple of hours after training and is most likely some kind of trapped nerve from where the bar sits on my back/shoulders but wondered if anyone has a remedy eg would a bit of padding around the bar help?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »

How's your shoulder flexibility? Could be related to that I suppose.

I always stretch out my shoulders after a set of squats so you may find that helps. Once you've finished your set just grab the bar with your hands close together and then step away and bow forward if that makes sense?

Padding might help but it's a bit gay. Think I'd prefer the pain.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 25, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »

Kind of like this but with the bar instead of a wall:

Click to see full-size image.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 25, 2016, 01:41:37 PM »

Kind of like this but with the bar instead of a wall:

Click to see full-size image.

thread just got good again...

Yeah dont really want to go down the padding route so will try the stretch after each set and report back.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:40 PM »

Down and out this week, trying to come off my migraine tablets and it has wiped me out. Really annoying because I had some decent momentum but I hate feeling like I am coming out of a coma in the morning. So has to be done!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 27, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »

After the last few leg sessions I have had a pins and needles feeling in my left arm down to the hand which goes a couple of hours after training and is most likely some kind of trapped nerve from where the bar sits on my back/shoulders but wondered if anyone has a remedy eg would a bit of padding around the bar help?

I always have a pad on the bar for squats... i am a Ghey boy ( although ive stopped wearing gloves ) i once accidently bounced a 100kg bar on my neck as I took the strain.. i had migraines for a week...

Matts just an overall tough guy rest of us can pad up with no comeback Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 27, 2016, 05:50:42 PM »

Ok am putting my squats up for a slating again Wink  personally I think/hope they a lot better than the last ones....

This was this morning and despite not getting back from DTD till 4.15am this morning and the kids waking me up at 6.30am I still managed legs day at 8.30am and got through it all.

Today was the final day of phase two which was about mastering body weight in the dips and chins which is going to be an integral part of phase 3 which will start next week and the programme is posted below

So today
This first clip is sets 2/3 with 60kg inc bar and then 80kg which is 2kg over my current BW

Set 4 again with 80kg

So the next phase

Again all exercises are 4 sets of 8-12reps with 1 minute rest between sets with upper body days for me being Tues/Fri and Legs being Weds/Sat

Upper Body

Giant Set (one exercise to the other with zero rest and then 1 minute after the 4 exercises)
Incline Bench Press
Seated Shoulder Press
Dumbell Lateral Raise
Unassisted Tricep Dips

Wide Grip Chins

Close Grip Under Hand Chins

Legs

Dead Lift

Giant Set of
Heels Elevated Back Squat
Barbell Hip Thruster
Barbell Lunge (alternating legs)
Dumbbell Step Ups

The giant sets look pretty brutal Sad

The dietry side of the book rec's for this phase to really lower the carb count and rec's 209g Protein, 112g Carb and 72g Fat based upon my BW and I have been working on 155g Pro, 220g Carb, 75g Fat

Much better mate, still a we bit of flexion on with the back. But I think that's due to your chest dropping as you go deep.  That is easy corrected but takes perseverence.   It's difficult to tell from the angle.  The 80kg set looked better than the 60kg as well.  Your feet were in a much better position.  But it's a massive omprovement on that first video you posted. 

A way of sorting out that chest going down would be to try doing some front squats.  Even a light weight, just to get the hang of keeping a big chest.   
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 27, 2016, 06:18:26 PM »

I always have a pad on the bar for squats... i am a Ghey boy ( although ive stopped wearing gloves ) i once accidently bounced a 100kg bar on my neck as I took the strain.. i had migraines for a week...

Matts just an overall tough guy rest of us can pad up with no comeback Smiley

My old training partner back once bounced a 100kg bar on his neck and chipped the end of one of those pointy bone things you have at the top of your spine.

He wished he was using padding.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 31, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »

Pretty good week for me last week despite recovering from a bit of a shoulder tweak. I took it very steady but still got 4 days in really focussing on form for the two lower days before I try to move anything heavy.

Seem to be back at 95% this morning and managed 110kg for 5 reps on the bench which felt very good. I also managed a 30kg seated DB shoulder press which was nice seeing as I haven't done them for a while.

Made a bit of a change to my press ups last night as well. I've dropped down to 5 sets from 6 but I still managed 200+ total. I'd like to try to get to 4 x 50 at some point reasonably soon as I think that would be good to maintain long term once I finish my little 25k challenge.

I've noticed that despite the decent quantity I'm doing I haven't made significant progress in how many I can do for a single set. I'm thinking it's probably because I'm not pushing myself for most of the sets choosing to take it steady over 6 sets rather than have to get close to failure on each set to get the numbers in.

Now that I'm happy with progress I can afford to change things about a bit so I'm going to push for a bit of single set quantity and that means pushing to failure. Doesn't half get a pump going by set number 5.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 31, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »

Squats are looking good Rich. You can see a huge difference to the last videos and difficult to fault now.

PokerBroker obviously a bit fussier than me and I'm going to use his 'chest up' tip tomorrow for my next session.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 31, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »

Squats are looking good Rich. You can see a huge difference to the last videos and difficult to fault now.

PokerBroker obviously a bit fussier than me and I'm going to use his 'chest up' tip tomorrow for my next session.

Keeping the chest up and head up make a massive difference mate, helps keep the line through the whole exercise and also can help prevent any niggling back issues.  It will feel weird when you try it if your not used to doing so.  Keep the weight relatively light to start with and try adding in a few F/Squats if you feel you are struggling. 
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: