blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530732 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:34 PM »

Quick update on the strength movements that I'm working on at the moment

Pause Press: 90kg x3
Rack Pull: 220kg x3
Box Squat: 120kg x3

Got two more sessions to get that box squat to three plates, which I think will happen. Numbers are flying up. Think I'm maxed out at five plates on the rack pull, without straps at least. Finding the pause press hard to improve, but will try to get two plates for 3 reps by July if I can find a spotter.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 20, 2016, 12:30:08 PM »

You were warned Smiley.... Come in at 14'4 this morning not quite 14'0 thanks to someones birthday dinner and a big chinese with the England game.. but 3 days tio go so might nudge a bit closer for take-off..

I'd say im about 75% of the way along to where I want to  be .... taken 15 months but I am 47 now Sad

Looks a big big difference, fantastic effort! Keep it up post Vegas!
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 20, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »

Got two more sessions to get that box squat to three plates, which I think will happen. Numbers are flying up. Think I'm maxed out at five plates on the rack pull, without straps at least. Finding the pause press hard to improve, but will try to get two plates for 3 reps by July if I can find a spotter.

Big numbers
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 20, 2016, 06:52:14 PM »

Very impressive numbers.

Assuming the pause press is on a flat bench? How long do you pause for? Might see if I can match you on those but the others I'd be nowhere near.

Might have to start back on the rack pull as part of my back workout, if I combine them on back day with RDL on legs day I'm almost at a full deadlift Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 20, 2016, 11:20:30 PM »

Very impressive numbers.

Assuming the pause press is on a flat bench? How long do you pause for? Might see if I can match you on those but the others I'd be nowhere near.

Might have to start back on the rack pull as part of my back workout, if I combine them on back day with RDL on legs day I'm almost at a full deadlift Smiley

Interestingly enough, that's basically what my program is geared towards at the minute. In June, the focus is on my weakest point of each lift, pyramid up to 3 reps; followed by my second weakest part of the movements. On deadlift day I start with heavy rack pulls, and then move to deficit deadlifts. The idea is that in July, my conventional deadlift is much stronger!

Pause press is on the flat bench yes. I rest on the chest for 1 second just to take the elasticity out. Get some numbers posted Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 21, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »

Very impressive numbers.

Interestingly enough, that's basically what my program is geared towards at the minute. In June, the focus is on my weakest point of each lift, pyramid up to 3 reps; followed by my second weakest part of the movements. On deadlift day I start with heavy rack pulls, and then move to deficit deadlifts. The idea is that in July, my conventional deadlift is much stronger!

Pause press is on the flat bench yes. I rest on the chest for 1 second just to take the elasticity out. Get some numbers posted Cheesy

Didn't try any rack pull today in my back session as my hip flexor felt really tight. I get scared these days at the slightest little thing. Was still a really good session with wide grip pull down, bent over row, narrow grip pull down and narrow grip seated row. No less than 8 reps for each set and good form with a full squeeze on every rep.

Chest training isn't until Monday so will give the pause press a go then to see what I can manage.

I'm hoping to get 5 sessions in this week. I managed last week by training arms on Saturday. Seems like a decent plan as it isn't a major problem if I miss them due to alcohol consumption the night before.

Nice to be back on a 5 day split routine. Just like the old days. Having seen Dean's photo I'm thinking I still have it in me to get big again so let's give it a whirl.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 22, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »

The crazily high benches in Pure back box squats so much easier, so can't compare numbers there. But I am guessin if it is anywhere near depth that is pretty dam tough.

How you do rack pulls without straps is beyond me, I am strapping up at around 160 when I do reps. Don't really do alternate grip anymore so not too sure where abouts I would be with that but 220 seems incredibly ambitious.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 24, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »

Great pics, well done mate!

Who's next? Cheesy
Go on then!

I have time bound all my photos from one year ago through to this year where I have taken it to a different level and even though I am not completely happy with where I am I have to remember that whilst not as OLD as Dean I am 42, got 3 kids under 5 and am starting a business so am happy with what I have achieved mainly this year and aim to continue my progress over the coming months and will post more as we go.

Before the photo's I have had a really good couple of weeks training and this week I have felt really strong with Chins getting easier so I have added 2 reps to each set so am now doing 4 x 9 dips with amins rest then into  4 x 6 wide grip chins with 1 min rest and then 4 x 6 Close grip UH chins with 1 mins rest between sets and felt really good today and as I am motivated atm I managed to slip a couple of 40 min cardio sessions in on rest days too as with spending a bit more time in Chelmsford on the business I have missed a few school runs.

So the photos

This was the 5th June 2015 with me being completely shapeless, paunchy etc
 Click to see full-size image.

12th March

26th April

21st May

10th June

Who's next? I Nominate....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 24, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »

The crazily high benches in Pure back box squats so much easier, so can't compare numbers there. But I am guessin if it is anywhere near depth that is pretty dam tough.

How you do rack pulls without straps is beyond me, I am strapping up at around 160 when I do reps. Don't really do alternate grip anymore so not too sure where abouts I would be with that but 220 seems incredibly ambitious.

Yeh we have blocks at my gym so you can set up within about two inches. I make sure I'm roughly parallel and try to maintain tension in the hole (so I'm only just touching the box, not completely sat)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 24, 2016, 11:40:05 PM »

A quick breakdown of my PULL day at the moment.

Rack Pulls - 3x 5; 2x 3
Deficit Deadlift - AMAP @ bodyweight
Pull-ups - 4x AMAP
Preacher Curls - 4x 8

After that, things get pretty intense. We're doing strict 30 second rest periods.

Face Pulls - 5x 10
Lat Pulldown - 5x 10
DB Bicep Curl - 5x 10
Russian Twist - 5x 20
Heel Touches - 5x 20

I really like the hybrid feel to it, going really heavy to begin with, then immediately into an AMAP set, then heavy again, followed by what is basically a HIIT workout. The pump is insane, my strength is flying up, I'm down to 14% bodyfat, and the cardiovascular feel to the whole thing is really refreshing.

I challenge someone to try it.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 25, 2016, 01:10:01 AM »

Amazing stuff Eso, well done
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 25, 2016, 04:33:06 AM »

Nice one Eso !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 25, 2016, 02:25:11 PM »

Tremendous stuff from Eso! Well done mate!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »

Decent week of training for me other than Monday which was difficult due to still having the remnants of a hangover following a huge Saturday night.

Anyway I thought I'd post a few numbers so I've got something to check back on in a few months when I've been doing the current split routine for a while.

Monday - Chest

Bench up to 100kg x 8
DB press up to 48kg x 6

Tuesday - Back (everything super strict with full squeeze every rep)

Single arm row 30kg x 10 (still very light due to injury but feeling better)
Pull down machine - 75kg x 8 (Numbers no use to anyone else as all machines different obv)

Wednesday - Shoulders

DB seated press up to 38kg x 8. I've struggled with these for a while as it hurts putting the right DB down. I've now found a technique that works so hoping to improve these a fair bit.
Behind back shrugs 60kg x 10. Trying to work the rear part of my shoulders to offset all the press ups I'm doing.
Rear delt flyes up to 20kg.

Thursday - Legs

Squats up to 80kg x 5. Full depth with a 1 second pause at the bottom. I've improved squats hugely in the last few weeks and think I'll be at 100kg fairly soon. Split routine seems to have helped squats a lot.
SLDL just the bar. Full extension so the bar touches my boots. It's light but the hamstring stretch can't possibly not be working.
Calf raise up to all of it.... Haven't been close to this sort of weight ever in this gym usually going about 3/4 stack. Today was a good day.

As much as I enjoyed the upper/lower/upper/lower routine going back to the split I know best seems to be working really well for me at the moment. The old routine really helped get my strength up to where it needed to be to hit the split better but it's nice to be doing what I did for years with great results.

Can't see this being the best way of getting up to 3 plates on the bench but I'll keep pushing those to see where I can get to.

Press ups going really well still. I'm currently on 6 x 20 with a strict 60 second rest to try to boost stamina a bit. Set 6 is really tough so I know I've got the timing right but change if it gets easy at any point. Assuming I do 120 again tonight I'll be at 14602 at the halfway mark for the year. Can't see how I'd fail to get to 25k now unless I choose to stop. Thoroughly enjoying them also nice to get 120 in in 8 minutes.

Won't be posting any pictures unless I decide to go on a diet before holidays. I've got the perfect 'before' picture if I get brave enough but I doubt I will as I hate it Cheesy

Great stuff from everyone else. Sean's routine looks crazy!! How long does it take in total?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 30, 2016, 03:40:32 PM »

Decent week of training for me other than Monday which was difficult due to still having the remnants of a hangover following a huge Saturday night.

Anyway I thought I'd post a few numbers so I've got something to check back on in a few months when I've been doing the current split routine for a while.

Monday - Chest

Bench up to 100kg x 8
DB press up to 48kg x 6

Tuesday - Back (everything super strict with full squeeze every rep)

Single arm row 30kg x 10 (still very light due to injury but feeling better)
Pull down machine - 75kg x 8 (Numbers no use to anyone else as all machines different obv)

Wednesday - Shoulders

DB seated press up to 38kg x 8. I've struggled with these for a while as it hurts putting the right DB down. I've now found a technique that works so hoping to improve these a fair bit.
Behind back shrugs 60kg x 10. Trying to work the rear part of my shoulders to offset all the press ups I'm doing.
Rear delt flyes up to 20kg.

Thursday - Legs

Squats up to 80kg x 5. Full depth with a 1 second pause at the bottom. I've improved squats hugely in the last few weeks and think I'll be at 100kg fairly soon. Split routine seems to have helped squats a lot.
SLDL just the bar. Full extension so the bar touches my boots. It's light but the hamstring stretch can't possibly not be working.
Calf raise up to all of it.... Haven't been close to this sort of weight ever in this gym usually going about 3/4 stack. Today was a good day.

As much as I enjoyed the upper/lower/upper/lower routine going back to the split I know best seems to be working really well for me at the moment. The old routine really helped get my strength up to where it needed to be to hit the split better but it's nice to be doing what I did for years with great results.

Can't see this being the best way of getting up to 3 plates on the bench but I'll keep pushing those to see where I can get to.

Press ups going really well still. I'm currently on 6 x 20 with a strict 60 second rest to try to boost stamina a bit. Set 6 is really tough so I know I've got the timing right but change if it gets easy at any point. Assuming I do 120 again tonight I'll be at 14602 at the halfway mark for the year. Can't see how I'd fail to get to 25k now unless I choose to stop. Thoroughly enjoying them also nice to get 120 in in 8 minutes.

Won't be posting any pictures unless I decide to go on a diet before holidays. I've got the perfect 'before' picture if I get brave enough but I doubt I will as I hate it Cheesy

Great stuff from everyone else. Sean's routine looks crazy!! How long does it take in total?

Some big/great numbers there. Seated shoulder press is massive!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: