blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 535214 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:52 PM »

Some big/great numbers there. Seated shoulder press is massive!

I always used to be good at these but like flat DB press I was never able to convert to the barbell version.

The injury issue I had was when I went to put them down I got an insane pain shoot through my right wrist. It was so bad that I dropped the weight and stayed clear of them for about a month. I'm on my own so haven't got anyone to take the weight off me which removes that option. Anyway last week I tried lifting my knee up high whilst crunching forward to move the weight towards my knee and if I time it right there's no pressure at all.

Given how easy the 38s were I reckon I can push towards the mid 40s. I don't quite get FRM on these at max weight but I can live with that, it's not far off so not an issue.

I'm putting this strength down to the press ups by the way. My front delts are pretty chunky right now and solid as rocks so the strength is really good. I keep trying to ensure I put more emphasis in to back and rear delt training to try to maintain balance. Seems to be working okay so far.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 02, 2016, 01:37:16 PM »

Saturday can only mean one thing

LEGS DAY!!!

I decided to video my whole Squat session today which is mid session and are heel raised on 5kg plates, with me also going for 90kg after my first two sets so you see today

60kg warm up -
80kg x 8
90kg x 8
90kg x 6 (felt a couple of weak reps so stopped at 6)
80kg x 8

GG 10 mins of your life

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 02, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »

Saturday can only mean one thing

LEGS DAY!!!

I decided to video my whole Squat session today which is mid session and are heel raised on 5kg plates, with me also going for 90kg after my first two sets so you see today

60kg warm up -
80kg x 8
90kg x 8
90kg x 6 (felt a couple of weak reps so stopped at 6)
80kg x 8

GG 10 mins of your life

Watched this back twice today and the 90's looked really weak/poor form but was first try at them so am gonna go back to 4x85 after wup set.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 03, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »

Looking good there mate.

Ever tried a few stretches in between sets? Just 10 seconds each hamstring or each ankle might help with the mobility and move towards getting rid of the plates under your heels.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 03, 2016, 09:48:28 PM »

Hi, i take note of the invite below and copy my previous posts Smiley

"Nice work. Why don't you transfer yourself over to the "strong" thread? There's more interaction there so it might help with motivation.

Why do you think you're feeling tired? Is it the insanity workout or the diet"

My posts:

I am a massive 5' 6" currently weigh 12 stone on the button, with a 40" waist, I am slight in general and all of my weight gain is in the one spot. I did the Insanity programme 18 months ago and am now going to do the follow up programme called T25.  Aim to lose a stone in weight and 4" off my waist.  I will also get back into park running.

Unlike last time I am going to be more diet minded, starts today, shuffle up and deal.

Steve

End of week 1    3 LB off, standard first week welcome, grind starts for real.

Steve

End of Week 2     Another 3lb lost so 6lb's in total. 

Abdom killing me and feeling really tired, camping in the Lakes all this week could make it tricky, he who dares.

Steve

End of Week 3

Hi mate, seems to fit better here so happy for it to stay,

I just think that I am very unfit and I give it my all so feel it. I am sure it is the workout but do need to sort the diet.

Any way after the camping mentioned above, I put on 3lb, I expected more, straight back on it now to correct that.

Steve

End of Week 4

Saturday weigh in completed and i managed to reverse all of last weeks gain and lost an extra pound, so 4 in total this week. Trousers felt a little loser lately so thought a waist measurement was in order, resulting in a 2" lose.

Next

Steve.

CLIFFS:

Did Insanity last year
Doing T25 this year
Lost 7lb and 2" from waist so far

Steve

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »

Hey Steve. Good to have persuaded you over here. It's not just about weights and stuff, there's loads about diet as well so I think you're in the best place.

How are you getting on with T25? I've been thinking about hitting it again soon for another 6 week stint before my next holiday. Definitely got great results before although I had a lot more to work with back then....

Are you still on the basic level?

Also how f**king fit is Christina!! 

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 04, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »

Hi,

Yup as fit as they come, although a part of my wished they had a few puddings in there instead of all gods.

" How old are you Bobby", "45 year old", " Jeez every one can do it then"..... up yours Bobby I have socks older than that Smiley

I completed Insanity before and I found that programme much harder, don't get me wrong I die a death every session but the 25 mins only is the key for me. As I recall Insanity was closer to the hour towards the end.  Still one of the hardest parts though is pressing the  play button.

I have just started week 4 so have this week and next week on the foundation level so will wait to see what the next bit is like, but if it jumps like Insanity did it will be a killer.

Diet- All I have really done is to cut out the crap or the nice things, Beer, cake, crisps and chocolate.  TBF not really that much of a strain to do but definitely a big change.  As time goes on I do want to address food intake as it makes sense to do so.

Shape and weight. I am sure that the amount I lose/gain for a week is not standard. I am only a small bloke and to lose 3lb week 1, lose 3lb week 2, put on 3 lb week 3 and lose 4LB week 4 is not normal.  I think, almost certainly wrongly that it is because I am a bloater. My stomach and waist line literally bloat when I eat/drink poorly. When I cut back it goes fairly quickly and I think it is that which is bouncing my scales around.  I get the feeling that nature says I am 11 Stone 6LB and bloat and un-bloat as I exercise/ cut back on crap. Also 2" off the waist seems a lot?

Any way the next few weeks will tell, I intend to work hard this week so we will seem if any more bloat removal is still in the tank.

My wife starts T25 tonight and my Daughter started it 2 weeks ago.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 04, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »

Sorry, I should have also noted that I do 2/3 runs a week on top of T25, only 2km each time, but I do log every 1km split and do work as hard as possible on them to the best of my present ability.   I did as a young man have responsible skills and I firmly believe that these are deep rooted within me and that all those years of running get me to a reasonable base level  fairly quickly.

Will be upping it to 4km shortly.

Steve
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 05, 2016, 09:56:51 PM »

Laptop has died again so won't be posting too much cos the iPad drives me crazy.

Bench today.

1x3 95/100/105 all with pauses but a helping hand on the last set.

Squats yesterday 4x6 80-95. Looking for 4 lots at 100 pretty soon. Squats are suffering as my lower back in niggled from DL-ing I think. So laying off heavy lower body for a bit.

Mobility is in every rest period at the minute.

Tried chins today and got 4x6 which is annoyingly poor and makes me think I'm the other side of 90 now. So power walks coming back in.

Welcome Steve.

How's everyone else doing?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 07, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »

Shoulders for me this morning but unfortunately couldn't reach the heady heights of last week.

Managed 38kg x 8 last week but for some reason failed at 34kg x 3. Very strange that one and no idea why. First set at 30kg felt tough which probably set me back mentally. Should probably have started lower just to get in to the swing of it so will probably aim for something like 26, 30, 34, ?? next week.

Chest was good again on Monday. 100kg x 10 and then 110kg for 4. Think I could've done 2 more but didn't want to burn out before DB press. Got the usual 48kg x 6 on those. I really want to step up but the 50kgs have disappeared and it's a big jump to 55kg not just physically but mentally as I've never done them before. If I manage 10 reps at 48kg then I think it'll be time to give them a go. Watch this space.....

I took yesterday morning off so Saturday will be fun trying to do legs and arms.

Harvey what's your full weekly routine now?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 08, 2016, 04:58:06 PM »

Shoulders for me this morning but unfortunately couldn't reach the heady heights of last week.

Managed 38kg x 8 last week but for some reason failed at 34kg x 3. Very strange that one and no idea why. First set at 30kg felt tough which probably set me back mentally. Should probably have started lower just to get in to the swing of it so will probably aim for something like 26, 30, 34, ?? next week.

Chest was good again on Monday. 100kg x 10 and then 110kg for 4. Think I could've done 2 more but didn't want to burn out before DB press. Got the usual 48kg x 6 on those. I really want to step up but the 50kgs have disappeared and it's a big jump to 55kg not just physically but mentally as I've never done them before. If I manage 10 reps at 48kg then I think it'll be time to give them a go. Watch this space.....

I took yesterday morning off so Saturday will be fun trying to do legs and arms.

Harvey what's your full weekly routine now?

Strong strong work. Would be so amazing if you surpassed yourself from your younger years.

Split will bet he same for a while. Upper/lower. Just varying excercises/sets/reps and single leg/arm work. 2 mobility/gymnastic days too. So no weights stuff yet with those. Just trying to get the body in good positions which I manage to butcher on a daily basis. No major strengths test either other than bench. Everything else in the 6-15 rep range.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 09, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »

End of week 5   2.5lb loss ( 9.5lb in total to date) , 3.5lb to go, although I can see exactly where that 3.5lb is attached to my body.

So I imagine I will get to my weight loss target my the time I complete T25, I have 6 more full weeks to go, but its running I prefer and something I will move back to gradually.

With that in mind here are my 1km splits on the few runs I have squeezed in over the last few weeks.

Date         1km   2km  3km  4km  5km

08 Jun    6.43   7.20
26 Jun   6.45   6.51
27 Jun   5.24   5.18
29 Jun   5.17   5.09
04 Jul        5.05   5.10
06 Jul   4.47   5.03
07 Jul   6.14   6.54   6.50

For a bit of balance my best for 1km is 3.57 which I hit some 18 months ago.

Weekend off for recovery then back on it.

Steve
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 11, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651286-strongman-eddie-hall-becomes-1st-person-to-deadlift-500-kilos

Anyone close to catching up with Stokesfinest?  What a beast!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 11, 2016, 10:59:36 PM »

Starting a bit of a trimming down phase today. Nothing too drastic but it involves a slight reduction in daily calories and also getting back on the T25 programme.

I've got a holiday booked for the end of September so that gives me twelve weeks to hit any goals I set. Main one will be a reduction in my waistline which has crept up to 36.5" without me really noticing.

Calorie cuts come from the following:

Evening meal:
Reduce rice/pasta down to 30g from 40g = 35 cals
2 pitta breads instead of 3 = 143 cals
75g sauce instead of 125g = 53 cals

Other:
No more 30g daily scoop of peanut butter = 183 cals
No protein powder in evening shake = 92 cals

Total saving = 506 calories

Pretty huge saving without having to put any effort in whatsoever  so I'm hoping that combined with the T25 will see some significant results.

Wasn't too sure about this but I've taken a 'before' picture. I've never been in to photos but Eso and Sicilian have lead the way so I figured why not.....

Can't post the pic just yet as I've forgotten my photobucket password (yeah right of course you have....) but hopefully I'll remember it in about twelve weeks and be able to post up a full set.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 12, 2016, 11:25:15 AM »

Few people asked me about this and I was so confident it couldn't be done. Then saw the rep, and there is so much more to come. The gym he trains at is only 30 mins away and I've been meaning to go down for years!

For the strongman geeks Jerry Pritchard got 465 (a world record for about 5mins) after not pulling above 440 before. So something was in the air. I heard Benni got 500 to the knees too.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: