blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:02:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533763 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: April 17, 2017, 05:36:05 PM »

Remember Conor McGregor saying he ruined himself messing about on those rings too much during a fight camp. Said that he got addicted to them  Cheesy

I've got a couple months until Vegas, so plenty of training time yet.

They get so much fun, I am sure they can have benefit for him as it makes you have to stabilise so much more. you also get strong in awkward positions which seems pretty important for his line of work! Some of McGregors general training style is only ever gonna work on him tho, a good portion just makes little sense. I guess that's kinda how it works!

Plenty of time to get some good momentum in.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 17, 2017, 05:49:37 PM »

Remember Conor McGregor saying he ruined himself messing about on those rings too much during a fight camp. Said that he got addicted to them  Cheesy

They get so much fun, I am sure they can have benefit for him as it makes you have to stabilise so much more. you also get strong in awkward positions which seems pretty important for his line of work! Some of McGregors general training style is only ever gonna work on him tho, a good portion just makes little sense. I guess that's kinda how it works!

They were beneficial, but I think he thought that he had spent way too much time on them, and burned his arms out to a degree.

Barring any bugs, I should be good for a clear run until summer.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: April 17, 2017, 07:14:07 PM »

They were beneficial, but I think he thought that he had spent way too much time on them, and burned his arms out to a degree.

What happens when you get put on low carb... Literally no idea why his nutrition 'coach' thinks thats a plan. It is a good job his mindset is one of the very best.

How is food going your end? Haven't spoke about it for a while.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 17, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »

What happens when you get put on low carb... Literally no idea why his nutrition 'coach' thinks thats a plan. It is a good job his mindset is one of the very best.

Whooshed me a bit there. What did his nutritionist do?

Not too bad on the most part. It's steadily coming off. I'm using MFP, but not being that strict. As long as I'm around 2000cals, and hitting ~230g protein, I'm good.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 17, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »

Not too bad on the most part. It's steadily coming off. I'm using MFP, but not being that strict. As long as I'm around 2000cals, and hitting ~230g protein, I'm good.

He basically puts him on keto when he trains hours a day. It is so weird. It is basically the most bro plan you have ever seen, everyday is the same. Maybe Connor likes that is it helps his mindset, but it seems an unnecessary restriction for someone that in theory could have the most perfect nutrition possible.

Decent numbers from you though. You use shakes much?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: April 17, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »

He basically puts him on keto when he trains hours a day. It is so weird. It is basically the most bro plan you have ever seen, everyday is the same. Maybe Connor likes that is it helps his mindset, but it seems an unnecessary restriction for someone that in theory could have the most perfect nutrition possible.

Decent numbers from you though. You use shakes much?

Gotcha. I didn't know he was on keto for that camp, as I didn't follow all the vids that closely. Guy who owns my gym loves keto, and eating the same stuff everyday. Would drive me mad, unless it was curry.

Use them a fair bit, and usually only eat 1 or 2 proper meals a day. Usually a smoothie for breakfast, which is from Bulkpowders, and has some oats in. Shake after training, and some fruit in the afternoon. Then usually another shake either side of dinner, and a casein one before bed. Snacks scattered around it all to keep someone with so little willpower stable Cheesy

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: April 18, 2017, 09:23:42 PM »

Mental he went keto for camp. But he wins so I guess alls well.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: April 18, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »

Went a bit more reps today for everything. Eaten loads lately, so went for some volume to work a bit off. Quite enjoyed it.

4x10-12e OAR at 32, really focusing on contraction and tempo. Went full on bodybuilding, squeeze at the top and everything. Really enjoyed it.

3x10 DB Bench 26 with the same sort of deal. Can't contract anywhere near as much as my back and lats with the press. Can contract really nicely with flyers.

4x8 LPD

4x10 Seated cable flyes focusing on tempo here too.

Legs tomorrow, not too sure what sets/reps but really enjoying mixing it up for a bit. Little less OCD about it all lately, but seems to be all going up.

Randomly weighed in today at 92.5, definitely zero abs on show, but no intention of dieting, so more than happy to just keep going as I am.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:25 PM »

Went a bit more reps today for everything. Eaten loads lately, so went for some volume to work a bit off. Quite enjoyed it.

4x10-12e OAR at 32, really focusing on contraction and tempo. Went full on bodybuilding, squeeze at the top and everything. Really enjoyed it.

3x10 DB Bench 26 with the same sort of deal. Can't contract anywhere near as much as my back and lats with the press. Can contract really nicely with flyers.

4x8 LPD

Legs tomorrow, not too sure what sets/reps but really enjoying mixing it up for a bit. Little less OCD about it all lately, but seems to be all going up.

Randomly weighed in today at 92.5, definitely zero abs on show, but no intention of dieting, so more than happy to just keep going as I am.

We could do a Staples brothers, and pass each other Cheesy

I'm about 104 atm, and aiming to get close to you, for now.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »

4x8 LPD

That bet is so interesting. They really need to hire a nutritionist to plan it out so they can weigh in so close. I think just the weight range is so difficult to chance. I haven't heard much about how they plan to do it, but unless they get some outside guidance surely they have less than 1% to do it? It is within year right?

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: April 19, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »

Happy to say that thanks to a bit of consistency my strength is somewhere back to where it was previously and that i'm looking to push on from here. 

Here's what my days have been looking like. Thoughts?

A:
Bench 5x5
Incline bench 4x10
Chest flies 4x12
Dips 3x15 

B:
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x3

C:
Barbell rows 5x5
Pull ups 3xAMAP
Lat pulldowns 4x10
Barbell curls 4x12

My main mental goal is not to jump about from one thing to another in the name of impatience anymore. Physically I'd like to do a set of 10 unassisted pull ups with good form at some point by the end of the year. 
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: April 19, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »

Happy to say that thanks to a bit of consistency my strength is somewhere back to where it was previously and that i'm looking to push on from here. 

Here's what my days have been looking like. Thoughts?

A:
Bench 5x5
Incline bench 4x10
Chest flies 4x12
Dips 3x15 

B:
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x3

C:
Barbell rows 5x5
Pull ups 3xAMAP
Lat pulldowns 4x10
Barbell curls 4x12

My main mental goal is not to jump about from one thing to another in the name of impatience anymore. Physically I'd like to do a set of 10 unassisted pull ups with good form at some point by the end of the year. 

Throw in more on B, I would swap DL for Rows and vice versa. DL and squatting in the same day doesn't seem the mot optimal for a beginner. Even more so when both are strength.

Triceps over biceps too. I know you have dips, but would prefer to see tricep extensions instead of curls.

Looks good though, just have to keep at it.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: April 19, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »

4x8 LPD

That bet is so interesting. They really need to hire a nutritionist to plan it out so they can weigh in so close. I think just the weight range is so difficult to chance. I haven't heard much about how they plan to do it, but unless they get some outside guidance surely they have less than 1% to do it? It is within year right?

It would be interesting, but big Staples is a strange character, and has even less willpower than I do. No chance they scoop there, and Perkins will use their $3k to fuel his yacht one weekend.

Says he is doing keto, so isn't interested in counting calories. To be honest, I don't think he even knows what keto is. He has been eating sausages and all sorts of shit, in the few vlogs I've watched.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: April 20, 2017, 04:41:19 PM »

4x8 LPD

It would be interesting, but big Staples is a strange character, and has even less willpower than I do. No chance they scoop there, and Perkins will use their $3k to fuel his yacht one weekend.

Says he is doing keto, so isn't interested in counting calories. To be honest, I don't think he even knows what keto is. He has been eating sausages and all sorts of shit, in the few vlogs I've watched.

I will follow it, find it really interesting. If they get someone to help and plan it, I do think its do able, not sure how much the smaller bro can go up though? Easier for The bigger one to go down I would have though, unless the smaller one just wants to get fat. If he has perfect conditions he could put like 40lbs of muscle on in a year, so surely he is going to have to add some added extra to make the gap?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:24 PM »

Big Staples won't get anyone to help him, because he'll have to do things properly, and start tracking his macros etc.

Small Staples could put some weight on, exactly as you said, and even some extra if he just throws GOMAD in as well Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: