blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530912 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: August 16, 2020, 04:43:51 PM »

Weird place to be, isn't it. I've been there many times, and managed to stay there for a few years once.

Sure it'll work it's way out soonest, and you'll be back in a good routine.

GL with today!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: August 16, 2020, 08:37:36 PM »

I managed to get there today for legs and back which I really enjoyed. Feeling knackered now though.

I'm going to try a training block avoiding squats, heavy deadlifts and OHP as these are the ones that have always lead to previous injuries. I won't miss squats or deadlifts too much although I was slowly starting to enjoy them. Bit sad to see the back of OHP although it won't necessarily be permanent.

Shoulder focus will be on rear delts and side delts with machine press as the third exercise. Legs will be leg extension, leg press and leg curl.

I'm quite looking forward to working on hypertrophy for a while. I've been heavily focused on strength for the last few years so it'll be god to hit a few machines for some higher reps and maybe build a bit of muscle.

Got to try to get there for at least 5 sessions per week starting now...... Here we go.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 16, 2020, 08:38:03 PM »

Ugh... done my MCL knee ligament..bad box jump landing ..im fortunate its the least of the knee ligaments but its laid me up proper.. done it last sunday and all was going well was walking pretty normally..dunno what happened yesterday was fine in the morning and then suddenly its blown up like a balloon and i can hardly walk..

literally rest and ice is the only thing..very frustrating as things were going well and im itching obviousley ...

I am lucky i dont injure often and i tend to recover quick.. think ive had one before as the pain etc seems familiar..think it was a couple weeks recovery time before..fingers crossed old man knees wont let me down

How's the recovery coming on?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 16, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »

Ugh... done my MCL knee ligament..bad box jump landing ..im fortunate its the least of the knee ligaments but its laid me up proper.. done it last sunday and all was going well was walking pretty normally..dunno what happened yesterday was fine in the morning and then suddenly its blown up like a balloon and i can hardly walk..

literally rest and ice is the only thing..very frustrating as things were going well and im itching obviousley ...

I am lucky i dont injure often and i tend to recover quick.. think ive had one before as the pain etc seems familiar..think it was a couple weeks recovery time before..fingers crossed old man knees wont let me down

How's the recovery coming on?

Slowly but surely.. seeing a physio tmmr just to make sure all is well.. walking fairly normally..not much pain but still bit stiff and i feel it now and again... very frustrating

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 17, 2020, 08:16:19 PM »

I might be back on it at last....

Have now done Saturday, Sunday and again today. Still need tomorrow and Wednesday to finish my 5 sessions then start again Friday.

I haven't quite worked out exactly how best to fit everything in but it's basically going to be 5 days with 5 body parts each trained twice per week.

It'll probably look something like this:

Monday - Legs and shoulders

Tuesday - Chest and back

Wednesday - Shoulders and arms

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Legs and back

Saturday - Chest and arms

Sunday - Rest

3 exercises per body part with 3 working sets of each exercise including at least one to failure

Everything targeting the 10 to 14 rep range

This is pretty much what I used to do when I was jacked although back then it was a 'bro split' with each body part just trained once per week.

Need to maintain the motivation levels but right now I'm very positive.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: August 17, 2020, 09:25:05 PM »

Nice one, mate. Well done!

I'm not in until Thurs this week, then got a full session following week, and another short week before I shoot off.

Got 2 solid months when I get back, before what I hope will be Xmas in Vegas.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: August 17, 2020, 10:24:14 PM »

I'm not in until Thurs this week, then got a full session following week, and another short week before I shoot off.

Really hoping you make it to Vegas mate.

For slightly selfish reasons of course..... Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 17, 2020, 10:27:23 PM »

Haha, of course. What dates are you and Stu there?

He said last week in November, but not what date you're heading back.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: August 17, 2020, 11:37:18 PM »

24th to 29th all being well.

If we don't manage that then probably June next year.

Actually even if we do make that then probably June next year.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 18, 2020, 12:55:05 AM »

24th to 29th all being well.

If we don't manage that then probably June next year.

Actually even if we do make that then probably June next year.

Ah, you leave a couple days before I arrive.

I've got hotels booked for last 2 weeks of June & first 2 weeks of July 2021, too.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: August 18, 2020, 09:37:13 AM »

Heading off to the gym shortly for chest and back.

I'm thinking of kicking off the old 50kg dumbbell challenge again to see where I can get on those.

Just off to the old thread to find out where I got to.....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 18, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »

26th July 2011 40kg x 10, 42.5kg x 10, 45kg x 6, 45kg x 6

1st August 2011 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 4

9th August 2011 45kg x 6, 45kg x 5, 40kg x 8

16th August 2011 40kg x 8, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5, 45kg x 5

20th December 2011 25kg x 16, 40kg x 8, 50kg x 4,

15th January 2013 20kg x 10, 25kg x 8, 25kg x 8, 25kg x 8,

Massive f**king sigh. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back up there but the weights above are definitely all I could possibly manage. Scary to think that 6 months ago I could press twice as much weight!!

Doesn't take long to lose it I guess.

I kind of knew I'd be a bit weak. I know that I'm smaller than I was because of how my clothes don't fit quite the same. Obviously if I've lost some size then I'll have lost some muscle as well and with that goes some strength.

I'm more determined than ever to stick with this now. Really buzzing about getting back to the 50s asap. I've got my training partner on the same challenge but his target's the 35s. It'll definitely help having 2 of us doing the same thing.

Shoulders tomorrow morning then finish off with back of Thursday. Feels good to be back Smiley

Wow..... I love looking back at the old thread to see what I used to do.....

So I expect to hit more than 25kg that's for sure. Might go through it for a warm up but I want to be much higher than that.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: August 18, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »

Every week I'll update my progress with peak weight and number of reps.

If I manage 10 reps in any one set one week I'll do the next set at 2.5kg heavier. If I only manage 5 reps I'll drop back 2.5kg.

I will only ever do 4 sets but I'll always do then after incline bench so will be fully warmed up and able to start at my max.

So session 1, 31st Jan will read 25kg x 8, 25kg x 9, 25kg x 8, 25kg x 7

That's the one I was looking for.

Will be a bit different this time as the weight go up in 2kg not 2.5kg but other than that it's game on. Hit 10 reps and move up the following week, hit 5 and step back down....

Might take a few weeks to get in to it and find my range but I'll start today and see where we go.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: August 18, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »

18th July 2020 28kg x 10, 32kg x 10, 34kg x 10

Pretty decent start. I didn't push too much at all as I'm suffering DOMS pretty much everywhere and also feeling generally fatigued.

I'm generally trying to hit three working sets and these were close enough. Final set wasn't quite a max effort but it was enough first proper week back.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: August 18, 2020, 11:08:51 PM »

Good going, and think I only did 18s first week back for my working sets Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: