blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Syria, Migrants and Online Comments
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Syria, Migrants and Online Comments  (Read 32668 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2015, 11:32:19 PM »

Like the way you've got Ukraine marked down as No War in your little map there Lee.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2015, 11:33:22 PM »

Worried about benefits? I don't think so.

The older I get, the better I was.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2015, 11:47:15 PM »

I wrote a really long reply to this but then I lost the Internet connection and on reload it's not there. Sigh.

Basically, the map isn't 'about right', people don't come here for benefits (in fact they barely come at all) and people should be allowed to settle wherever they like within the EU once granted asylum anyway.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2015, 11:51:58 PM »

Over 4m people displaced by crisis in Syria.

3.2x million of them in Turkey and Lebanon alone, but yes they are all coming to the UK, Germany and Sweden for less money (whilst asylum claim being decided) than in France or Italy and for subsequently a welfare state they don't have access to either in whole or in part.

Benefits, I guarantee you, is the last thing on their minds.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2015, 11:53:22 PM »

You post shit like this and you wonder why mulhuzz types the things that he does?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2015, 11:54:12 PM »

And before you ask, I WOULD be happy to say it to your face.

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2015, 11:57:08 PM »

You don't need to educate me or patronize me Tighty

These are my opinions to which I am entitled to.

After your recent post towards me mulhuzz I won't ebb read what you have to say.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »

Posted without comment so will assume one of two things:

1. Has genuinely held belief that this is the case - in which case Tightys posts are excellent on education.

2. Posted it to provoke, in which case I refer you to 'dear hobby provocateur'
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2015, 12:03:10 AM »

You don't need to educate me or patronize me Tighty

These are my opinions to which I am entitled to.

After your recent post towards me mulhuzz I won't ebb read what you have to say.

my post actually wasn't aimed at you, I happened to be quoting you when talking about the socalled 'silent majority' attitude.

However, the map makes clear that I really should have aimed it more directly at you.

Unfortunately, opinions are like arseholes, everybody has them; even when they stink.

I note with interest that you defend your right to have an opinion, yet I was asked 'how dare I write these things?' - I don't wish to derail the thread though, so I'll leave it there.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »

My last post on this subject and probably on blonde.

The main issue for me is you all want to be seen to be saying the correct thing the things you think are to be true and what is politically correct.

I've said several times before I thing we should help the refugees ....but not before the thousands of homeless we already have.

I have been literally talked to like a piece of shit for expressing my views by mulhuzz without anyone stepping up to say something apart  from woodsy,
 this I think is disgusting he was bang out of order.

I posted the picture not to get a reaction or to be patronized or be educated ....but to which I didn't get the chance was to ask the views on what people thought of it and why it was correct or not.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2015, 12:10:46 AM »

I've only see this thread tonight and am shocked at some of it's content. These people for the most part have had their world ripped apart. They have no future unless we give it to them. They have no country to call their own, no education for their kids, no help for their elderly.

Our Government today pledged to take 20,000 refugees over the next 5 years. WTF. The talk the other day was for us to take 25,000 immediately.

Here's a post I put on a Blonde friends FB thread the other day.

"I've just unfriended someone for their bigoted, ill thought out and unfounded views on allowing more of these poor people into the UK to give their families the hope of a better life. The talk of 25,000 people adding to our population is nothing. Our population is 65 million, 25k is approx .04%. It's like putting a grain of sugar in a sugar bowl. I feel more unfriending may occur."

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »

I couldn't give a shit about being politically correct.

I don't care if people see me saying the right thing or wrong thing.

My view is if there are men, women and children dying, in an attempt to leave their country because they are in danger of being killed, and this country can help them, then why shouldn't we?

Imagine if it was you and your family. What would
You think then?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2015, 12:19:11 AM »

I've said several times before I thing we should help the refugees ....but not before the thousands of homeless we already have.

Lee, I've said this several times before on this thread. The refugees can't wait. They are dying as we speak.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »

Are the US taken any refugees.. or is it seen as a purely EU issue?..

Its also interesting how we are controlled and manipulated by the media... pre poor child washed up on a beach there were just mumblings of help.. post and all the do gooders are inviting them to live with them..  does it really take a massive poke with a a sharp stick to our guilty conscience for something to be done..

The situation is tragic beyond belief... and something has to be done but its incredibly vile to see these people stand up and make promises they would never keep just to be seen and heard to be doing the right thing...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2015, 12:43:15 AM »

Are the US taken any refugees.. or is it seen as a purely EU issue?..

Its also interesting how we are controlled and manipulated by the media... pre poor child washed up on a beach there were just mumblings of help.. post and all the do gooders are inviting them to live with them..  does it really take a massive poke with a a sharp stick to our guilty conscience for something to be done..

The situation is tragic beyond belief... and something has to be done but its incredibly vile to see these people stand up and make promises they would never keep just to be seen and heard to be doing the right thing...

Who are these people and how we know they wouldn't keep their promises?

Genuine question BTW, has there been a news story I've missed or something?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: