blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401701 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: March 12, 2018, 11:30:34 PM »

Another comfortable  win albeit Stoke made a better fist of it than Chelsea or Arsenal. .

Win at Everton in the next game and then at home against United to clinch the title. Now, that would be perfect Smiley 

Better than perfect would we drawing  United in the CL quarter finals (if they get through) and then it would be 3 derbies in in 7 days. That would be something else.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 12, 2018, 11:59:00 PM »

84 minutes
Stoke have made 205 passes.

Otamendi and Kompany alone have made 195.

2 to go....

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 13, 2018, 12:29:29 AM »

Did enough, Stoke are in trouble I'm afraid as I do normally enjoy a nice 66 mile trip which took us 3 hours tonight, good job we left mid afternoon. One disappointing aspect of the game was the final whistle, I think Pep is not allowing any over celebrating going on after final whistle. One young disabled lad with his Dad as City were coming off to the corner flag in front of City asked David Silva for his shirt, Silva came closer to him and had his picture but when he asked again for his shirt Silva said no. Young lad looked really upset. Kyle Walker seemed to be singing Champions as he was walking off. Looking forward to Friday and the draw, anybody but Liverpool but deep down I fancy a trip to the Ukraine if they get past Roma or Sevilla.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 13, 2018, 01:34:46 AM »

Did enough, Stoke are in trouble I'm afraid as I do normally enjoy a nice 66 mile trip which took us 3 hours tonight, good job we left mid afternoon. One disappointing aspect of the game was the final whistle, I think Pep is not allowing any over celebrating going on after final whistle. One young disabled lad with his Dad as City were coming off to the corner flag in front of City asked David Silva for his shirt, Silva came closer to him and had his picture but when he asked again for his shirt Silva said no. Young lad looked really upset. Kyle Walker seemed to be singing Champions as he was walking off. Looking forward to Friday and the draw, anybody but Liverpool but deep down I fancy a trip to the Ukraine if they get past Roma or Sevilla.

You've played them twice this season and put 8 (eight) past them. Why on earth would you not want to draw Liverpool over Real etc. They've only scored once in two games this season past a United defence with Smalling and Young in it.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 13, 2018, 06:17:58 AM »

False scoreline in the first game due to the Mane red card?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 13, 2018, 07:22:42 AM »

There European experience is far superior to City's for one. And there front 3 edges our front 3 currently.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 21, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »

We don't have a game for about 4 years now Sad but found this article on the bald fraud to be rather interesting....

http://www.trainingground.guru/articles/pep-guardiola-and-the-half-spaces#.WrF0YM6hZIM.twitter

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:45 PM »

False scoreline in the first game due to the Mane red card?

City had the better chances before the Mane sending off. And were winning 1-0.     

Caley tweeted the xG for before and after sending off.   1.4 - 0.40   and 1.8 - 0.00.   
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 21, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »

There European experience is far superior to City's for one. And there front 3 edges our front 3 currently.

Definitely not my choice of English team but that is more to do with our woeful record at Anfield and Klopp and his methods against Guardiola.

Not buying the European experience thing. City players have far more experience of the Champions League.

I wouldn't swap there front 3 for ours either....  all opinions Smiley
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 21, 2018, 11:10:29 PM »

We don't have a game for about 4 years now Sad but found this article on the bald fraud to be rather interesting....

http://www.trainingground.guru/articles/pep-guardiola-and-the-half-spaces#.WrF0YM6hZIM.twitter

442 FTW

Social media overloading with build-up to the Liverpool game. Mist avoid....
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 31, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »

Laporte at LB today or three at the back?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 03, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »

It was kind of both, and I thought it worked really well. I must admit, playing Laporte at LB wasn't something that had crossed my mind, but I guess Pep's footballing brain is a little sharper than mine Wink

In a game of that nature, where City are likely to see most of the ball and have the bulk of the attacks, playing Laporte at left back worked a treat. Essentially allows for a very fluid flip between 3-6-1 when in possession and 4-5-1 without the ball. Walker was playing as a right winner for large parts of the game, allowing Sterling to come inside and cause havoc alongside Silva and Kev, and Fernandinho shielding the 3 of Otamendi, Vinny and Laporte. Should Everton start to build an attack, Walker gets back into position and it reverts to a traditional flat back 4.

I don't think this would be feasible with Delph/Zinchenko/Mendy at left back, so it gives Pep another option.

(edit; as someone put on Blue Moon, to have 5 options at left back when we actually only have 1 left back is some achievement!)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:39:50 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 03, 2018, 11:49:14 PM »

It was kind of both, and I thought it worked really well. I must admit, playing Laporte at LB wasn't something that had crossed my mind, but I guess Pep's footballing brain is a little sharper than mine Wink

In a game of that nature, where City are likely to see most of the ball and have the bulk of the attacks, playing Laporte at left back worked a treat. Essentially allows for a very fluid flip between 3-6-1 when in possession and 4-5-1 without the ball. Walker was playing as a right winner for large parts of the game, allowing Sterling to come inside and cause havoc alongside Silva and Kev, and Fernandinho shielding the 3 of Otamendi, Vinny and Laporte. Should Everton start to build an attack, Walker gets back into position and it reverts to a traditional flat back 4.

I don't think this would be feasible with Delph/Zinchenko/Mendy at left back, so it gives Pep another option.

(edit; as someone put on Blue Moon, to have 5 options at left back when we actually only have 1 left back is some achievement!)

Definitely a 4-5-1 without the ball but what's this 3-6-1 you talk about?! It was just a revolving carousel and tbh i didn't have a clue what it was!  Game before at Stoke was almost the default 2-3-2-3 but average position (which can be misleading) was almost 2-4-4 against Everton.   I thought KDB was mainly deeper than usual and almost in tandem with Dinho but both of them popping up everywhere.  Maybe a clue there for tomorrow night with extra protection for Dinho but we'll see soon enough.

I see KDB rated the 1st half as the best 45 minutes of the season. Hard to disagree with that because it was scintillating. Certainly helped  with their midfield 2...

Seems bizzare Pep effectively saying he will be resting some key players for a  lower-priority potentially title winning game against our lovely neighbours. He's right of course.

Still, very excited for what should be a mad 7 days. I'm going to Arsenal on Thursday night as well for some prawn sandwiches. At this time next week we could be champions and through to the CL semis. On the other hand we might not Smiley

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:51:13 PM by Archer » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 07, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »

TIMES SPORT: I was offered Pogba in January, says Pep

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 09, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »

yes? no?

"Manchester City fans' maudlin reaction to their club's very minor setback signalled a new nadir"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/09/manchester-city-fans-maudlin-reaction-clubs-minor-setback-signalled/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: