blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399956 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: May 12, 2019, 08:56:44 PM »

Even putting aside his goal, I thought Gundogan was outstanding today. Very much unheralded amongst the rest of the all stars but what a fantastic player.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: May 12, 2019, 10:03:29 PM »

Even putting aside his goal, I thought Gundogan was outstanding today. Very much unheralded amongst the rest of the all stars but what a fantastic player.

A Rolls Royce of a player and very much an unsung hero, particularly in recent months.
Sadly he is an easy scapegoat for some sections of our support (not as flash as Sane or Raheem, doesn't run as much as Bernardo, doesn't get stuck in as much as Fernandinho, kinda half keeps Foden out the team), but he is a gifted midfielder who has never let us down.

Very sadly, his time at City is possibly up; he's out of contract next summer and has stalled on signing a new deal. He obv realises at 28 that this will be his last big contract so is taking his time over it. I'd be delighted if he signed on for another few years but it looks in the balance and I don't envisage the club allowing him to leave for nothing next year.

Think there will be a couple out and a couple in this summer.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: May 13, 2019, 11:12:29 PM »

How much of a threat might this be?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/sports/manchester-city-champions-league-uefa.html

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: May 14, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »

UEFA in between a rock and a hard place. Too many conflicting interests and too much politics involved to know what the outcome will be. Depends who is lobbying for what and how powerful they are.
Ultimately the individual big clubs are all greedy bastards and want what is best for them financially rather than the beautiful game. As simple as that. Likewise,  City will fight (UEFA don't want all that entails) but I suspect rather  than going full-on legal they will  opt for a compromise that does least damage to their reputation and long-term business plan.

UAE money is partially  behind the FIFA world club cup proposals (City and Arsenal would the first 2 clubs on the list:) and you have the UEFA/FIFA battle going on as well. Hmm, maybe City do go after UEFA in the courts...  

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: May 14, 2019, 12:36:06 PM »

A City statement read: "Manchester City FC is fully co-operating in good faith with the CFCB IC's (club financial control body investigatory chamber) ongoing investigation.
"In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC's independence and commitment to due process; and on UEFA's commitment of March 7 that it '...will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing'.

"The New York Times report citing 'people familiar with the case' is therefore extremely concerning.

"The implications are that either Manchester City's good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club's reputation and its commercial interests. Or both.
"Manchester City's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

"The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC."

In the words of Keegan; I would love it if we took them to court, love it.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: May 14, 2019, 10:27:53 PM »

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: May 14, 2019, 11:05:37 PM »

Some tekkers are gooooood!

Colllymore, back in your box Cheesy

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: May 14, 2019, 11:08:01 PM »

Always fun to revisit stuff from that football genius, Stan Collymore.

He got a bit salty here;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-fine-pep-guardiola-doesnt-9452252

Pep trusting in his methods is obviously wrong, in the eyes of said footballing genius Stan Collymore;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1065007/Man-City-Pep-Guardiola-Stan-Collymore

Stick to dogging.

Best Bitter.
Chris_T

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: May 15, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »

Gonna be interesting this summer, they’ve said they’re not getting another LB, so it’s only really DM where we need cover. Can you see any other areas that need strengthening?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: May 15, 2019, 06:33:10 PM »

Gonna be interesting this summer, they’ve said they’re not getting another LB, so it’s only really DM where we need cover. Can you see any other areas that need strengthening?

I think the squad, as it is right now, is absolutely fine (in theory) but as always it will depend on who goes and who stays.
I can't imagine we'd let all of Gundogan, Danilo, Otamendi, Kompany and Delph (the ones strongly linked with moving on) leave in the same window. Rumours circulating around the futures of Jesus and Sane too.

Of those, I'd wager Delph is certain to leave. Gundogan has hinted at signing a new contract which would be great news. Apparently Inter are looking more towards Darmian (lol) than Danilo so perhaps he'll linger for another season. Otamendi wants to return to Spain, which means we really should be nailing Vinny down to another years contract.

I said in theory above as I do think the squad needs a little freshening up. It's essentially the same group of players who have achieved these 198 points in 2 seasons. Which is of course incredible, but domestically where does this group go from there? We've won it in style and then retained it in style, so perhaps we do need a couple of new faces who haven't been in amongst that success to help keep everyone on their toes.

We're lucky in that I don't think Pep would allow things to go stale or complacent, and we shouldn't have any need for wholesale changes anytime soon (unlike 16/17) but one or 2 additions would be good.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »

A City statement read: "Manchester City FC is fully co-operating in good faith with the CFCB IC's (club financial control body investigatory chamber) ongoing investigation.
"In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC's independence and commitment to due process; and on UEFA's commitment of March 7 that it '...will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing'.

"The New York Times report citing 'people familiar with the case' is therefore extremely concerning.

"The implications are that either Manchester City's good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club's reputation and its commercial interests. Or both.
"Manchester City's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

"The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC."

In the words of Keegan; I would love it if we took them to court, love it.

Looking likely you might get your wish Smiley   City not taking a "pinch" this time and the statement today is as robust as I've seen from them.

Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.
The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.

Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber.

The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: May 16, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »

you think you have problems

Sheffield United Football Club was funded by a £3million loan from Osama bin Laden's family, it has emerged in court today.

one way to get to the top flight

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chris_T

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: May 18, 2019, 06:29:25 PM »

First Domestic Treble
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: May 18, 2019, 06:45:59 PM »

Deserving end to the season for Raheem.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: May 18, 2019, 11:19:02 PM »

Why does an unprecedented treble seem so underwhelming?

From Leicester '16 to today...

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: