blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 81954 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 01, 2016, 10:40:48 PM »

Amazing scenes.  Classic example of the sum of the parts better than the parts alone this game.   What an effort from 1-0 down.  VWP Wales.  Please go on and win it!

Bale SPOTY 1.01 surely.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 01, 2016, 10:45:08 PM »

Yep very good indeed.  Deserved winners.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 01, 2016, 10:47:35 PM »

HArdly a one man team tonight.  Bale just has the natural ability of making players believe they can play at his level even though they know deep down they shouldn't be able to.  Ronaldo could really take a lesson from Bale on leading men who are not as talented as you.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 01, 2016, 10:57:40 PM »

Team of the Year for Sports Personality?  Is their a market up?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »

HArdly a one man team tonight.  Bale just has the natural ability of making players believe they can play at his level even though they know deep down they shouldn't be able to.  Ronaldo could really take a lesson from Bale on leading men who are not as talented as you.

Head to head and we will find out. Ramsey is priceless aswell, made R-kanu look better than england have.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 01, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/sports-personality-of-the-year/team-of-the-year

Just got trimmed. They need to make a final min to get it anyway so youll be better off just backing them for that.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:39 PM »

Hate to kick man city fans again after Joe Hart's heroics but wasn't Denayer a bit of a headless chicken for a couple of the goals?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 02, 2016, 01:39:21 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/sports-personality-of-the-year/team-of-the-year

Just got trimmed. They need to make a final min to get it anyway so youll be better off just backing them for that.

Plus there's that video going around social media of Wales celebrating England getting knocked out. No way they're beating Leicester City even if they win the bloody thing IMO.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 02, 2016, 09:56:33 AM »

Plus there's that video going around social media of Wales celebrating England getting knocked out. No way they're beating Leicester City even if they win the bloody thing IMO.
is it a public vote for team of the year?

always surprises me when my have fans don't get ABE, how many Liverpool fans will support UTD in Europe or spurs fans cheering on arsenal or pompey fans supporting the saints?
England are our local rivals the big boys on the block the team we all love to hate, the team that one it all in 66 and the media keep reminding us. Yeah there are a few people in the home nations that hate the English but for the majority it's banter that seems to get lost

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 02, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 02, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »

Hate to kick man city fans again after Joe Hart's heroics but wasn't Denayer a bit of a headless chicken for a couple of the goals?

Yeah dropped in at the deep end to a degree and I think his lack of experience showed on occasion.

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 02, 2016, 11:44:35 AM »

Yeah dropped in at the deep end to a degree and I think his lack of experience showed on occasion.

Will he be playing for City this season or loaned out again?  Will be interesting to see if Mangala has a good season now he has settled in.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 02, 2016, 12:02:03 PM »

Will he be playing for City this season or loaned out again?  Will be interesting to see if Mangala has a good season now he has settled in.

I think a lot hinges on Stones (groan) for both players. I'd like to keep Denayer in and around the first team squad, but if he isn't gonna get many minutes then we might as well loan him out again as his 2 previous stints in Scotland and Turkey have been pretty successful. Denayer can also play right back which does give him quite an advantage as both our full back positions have question marks hanging over them.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I actually like Mangala. Don't get me wrong, he's a walking mistake at times, but when he plays well he plays really fucking well; commanding in the air, strong in the tackle, a very physical presence at the back, and only recently turned 25 so his best years ahead of him. He's a confidence player though, and when his head drops he's gone. He's very effective against the big forwards (Costa, Deeney, Ibra, Lukaku) but does struggle against the smaller nippy ones, whereas someone like Kompany is equally adept against both.

If we sign Stones, and this is looking increasingly likely, something has to give as we can't start the season with Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala, Denayer and Stones in the same squad. Rumours abound that Mangala goes back to Porto on loan if we raid Everton.

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 02, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »

I agree about Mangala.  I think he'll have a really strong second season if he gets the chance.

Think Watford are playing 3 centre backs this year so I'd like us to take Denayer on loan.  We've just signed his Belgian fellow centre back and those 2 plus Carhcart, Britos and Prodl would be a strong set to rotate.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 02, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »

I agree about Mangala.  I think he'll have a really strong second season if he gets the chance.

Think Watford are playing 3 centre backs this year so I'd like us to take Denayer on loan.  We've just signed his Belgian fellow centre back and those 2 plus Carhcart, Britos and Prodl would be a strong set to rotate.

This will be his 3rd season Wink

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: