blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 81968 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2016, 07:36:03 AM »

I missed the game due to the time difference, couldn't believe I woke up to find out we'd lost!

Feed em rice.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2016, 08:16:12 AM »

Felt fhought the England job is a very easy one to ' get right' just read the papers each day and broadly follow what the masses want. Then if it does go wrong, no one can really have a go as the nation is pretty much in agreement. Pick up you £4 milly and go home.

The problem with following the  press is sports journalists are journalists in the same way as Dan Wooten and the 3am Girls are journalists: they have zero accountability with regard to what they write - as we all know they are writing about a game - and they operate on a "throw enough shit and some will stick" approach. I imagine for people wanting to enter serious journalism ending up on the sports desk is akin to wanting to be a police officer and ending up as a traffic warden.

Even if a manager follows press concensous and fails they will be slaughtered by men who have the intellectual and journailistic weight of Paris Hilton. People will be too full of faux outrage and awareness of sports journalism's resemblance to the colour commentors of American wrestling to pull them up on their hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:21:30 AM by teddybloat » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47:34 AM »

The times ratings

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2016, 09:50:07 AM »

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »

Where is Dewi?  This could be a great thread.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2016, 11:51:13 AM »

'Arry on 5live just gave Southgate a bit of a slagging then spoilt it by recommending Glen Hoddle or Tim Sherwood.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »

We lost yet again because of Joe Hart.  Simples.  Do people watch the same games as me?  I have spent all night listening to rubbish.  Joe Hart is shit.  We went 1-0 up.  We shouldn't need to score again.  Joe Hart is shit.  Easily the worse England player to get 50+ caps in history.

Any comments from the Man City fan boys or are they just going to ignore the comments?  You all piped up after the first game defending him.  I assume you don't class him as your keeper any more now he should/will ever play for Man City/England ever again right?

Can't defend him for the 2nd goal which was simply awful.

I can defend him for his performances for City over the last 6 seasons where overall his performances have been superb including last season when he was 1 of only a handful who had a great season.

I watched Calamity James close up at City. James  is a 50+ caps keeper and not a patch on Joe Hart. If Guardiola gets rid of Hart it doesn't alter my opinion of  Hart > James.

Was the 2nd goal tonight any better/worse than any of his other comical fuck ups throughout this event?   You are very deluded if you think Hart is any better than James. 

I like you Arb but it can be difficult to debate with you sometimes Wink

With Archer, he's obviously had a poor tournament and at fault for at least a couple of sloppy goals conceded. He entered Euro 16 as the number 1 and rightly so based on his mostly excellent City performances, if a new manager takes a look at the goalkeeper spot and considers changes then that's his prerogative, ditto for Pep when he takes over.

We're not deluded, we watch him week in week out playing for City, and he's been fantastic for us. A bad showing in a tournament where pretty much all of the team/squad were at best ok and at worst woeful isn't gonna change our opinion of him. I hope he starts the season at City between the sticks and am grateful we have a keeper of his calibre on our books.

Sorry, what? You watch him week in, week out? The Premier League is the most watched league in the world, so I think you'll find that most of us watch him week in, week out.

I have found that the 15/16 season at City, he made less clear mistakes as the previous season. But he let in quite a few soft ones. The season before that, wasn't that the season where we struggled and had a genuine battle to be number 1, for part of the season?

He is a good goalkeeper, but it is a clear weak spot for City & shouldn't be a weak spot for a top 10 ranked team like England, but of course, he's cost us our place in France. He was potentially at fault for the Russia goal, he was at fault for Bale FK, had a couple of other horrors and tonight was horrid. Yeah, he hasn't had much to do, but when he has, he's made a total mess.

I think if Man City could get a better goalkeeper, they would. There's nothing between Butland & Hart, but 100000% more potential in Butland to go forward. Hart will always be a good goalkeeper, never world class.

You watch Hart for 90 minutes every week? Regardless of if its a televised game or not?

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »

We lost yet again because of Joe Hart.  Simples.  Do people watch the same games as me?  I have spent all night listening to rubbish.  Joe Hart is shit.  We went 1-0 up.  We shouldn't need to score again.  Joe Hart is shit.  Easily the worse England player to get 50+ caps in history.

Any comments from the Man City fan boys or are they just going to ignore the comments?  You all piped up after the first game defending him.  I assume you don't class him as your keeper any more now he should/will ever play for Man City/England ever again right?

Can't defend him for the 2nd goal which was simply awful.

I can defend him for his performances for City over the last 6 seasons where overall his performances have been superb including last season when he was 1 of only a handful who had a great season.

I watched Calamity James close up at City. James  is a 50+ caps keeper and not a patch on Joe Hart. If Guardiola gets rid of Hart it doesn't alter my opinion of  Hart > James.

Was the 2nd goal tonight any better/worse than any of his other comical fuck ups throughout this event?   You are very deluded if you think Hart is any better than James.  

I like you Arb but it can be difficult to debate with you sometimes Wink

With Archer, he's obviously had a poor tournament and at fault for at least a couple of sloppy goals conceded. He entered Euro 16 as the number 1 and rightly so based on his mostly excellent City performances, if a new manager takes a look at the goalkeeper spot and considers changes then that's his prerogative, ditto for Pep when he takes over.

We're not deluded, we watch him week in week out playing for City, and he's been fantastic for us. A bad showing in a tournament where pretty much all of the team/squad were at best ok and at worst woeful isn't gonna change our opinion of him. I hope he starts the season at City between the sticks and am grateful we have a keeper of his calibre on our books.

Much harder to debate with fan boys who can't see the wood for the trees when it is staring any non MC fan straight in the face. Grin  His numerous errors are the sole reason we are out of the event.  We did more than enough to advance to the last 8 without the numerous errors Hart made across the 4 games even though we have played poorly against 4 sides well below us world ranking wise.

Has Hart had a poor tournament for England? Yes.
Is Hart one of Citys most important players? Yes.

We judge him on what he does for both club and country, whereas as I guess most of the none City fans will be looking predominantly at his international goalkeeping. I can't begrudge you laying into him because he has been crap this summer, but equally us City fans aren't simply gonna forget the previous 6 seasons where he's been excellent for us on the whole.

Perhaps the new manager, whomever it is, will take a look at the keeping position and perhaps put Hart to one side, who can blame them after this tournament? I reiterate though that I hope he starts the season between the sticks for us as he's been a fantastic keeper over numerous years for City......and he's homegrown Wink

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2016, 12:37:45 PM »

he's not homegrown

he was signed from shrewsbury, where he was born

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2016, 12:42:34 PM »

he's not homegrown

Which makes him a homegrown player according to FA rules.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »

he's not homegrown

yes i understand, homegrown in that sense. i misunderstood what you meant

i backed him at a nice price to play for england when i saw him play for shrewsbury in 2006 in my ground hopping/get to the 92 days 

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2016, 12:52:14 PM »

he's not homegrown

yes i understand, homegrown in that sense. i misunderstood what you meant

i backed him at a nice price to play for england when i saw him play for shrewsbury in 2006 in my ground hopping/get to the 92 days 

Being homegrown adds even more value to him for us, as we're not exactly flooded with English/British players (thank god). Shrewsbury did a great job with him, and the year on loan at Birmingham put him on the map.

I think Shrewsbury ended up getting more in add ons than the initial fee paid (if memory serves me correct it was 600k rising to 1.5m)

Gonna divulge the price you got for him? Wink

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »

66-1. there is a thread on here from 2006 (the day after the match) but a search didn't find it

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2016, 01:09:47 PM »

Love the homegrown tag.  Incredible.  Anyone remember when home grown meant actually coming through the system and not part of a cheque book policy?
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:19 PM »

Where is Dewi?  This could be a great thread.

He's keeping quiet, not expecting too much  Grin

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: