blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:38:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 344539 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: January 30, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »

we haven't had much of it either, until now

clubs end up selling (players force their hands with statements such as today's ) for less than their idea of "fair value" a fortnight previously as sticking them with the U23s is seen as corrosive to team spirit and holding them to end of contract a) still costs them the wages and b) gets less value when the contract runs down

of course we'd all like them to do it, but easier said than done. the players still have plenty of power.

It isn't a dig at Leicester or ham more a general comment amongst the clubs outside of the big boys who are privately owned (like leics/stoke/ham are) by hugely rich self made families.  They could (and should) imo for the long term good of the game and themselves being called out (think of the message it would send to future gold diggers looking at your club as a pension fund knowing they would easily be dumped in the reserves for a season).  I just think long term these clubs now have all the power if they choose to call the bluff.  I think it would massively win over cynical fans who say the game is dead and all about money as well and this is a huge longer term revenue stream as the game gets more and more corporate.

i didn't take it as a dig.

Ulloa is 30 years old. think he's got 18 months left on a contract

depreciation of value is a major issue if you want to make a stand and put him in the kids dressing room. yes the private owners can afford it, but still not straightforward

I really think it is straight forward and if you nip it in the bud you protect your club long term from signing gold diggers who are looking for a pension/contract to seal their future.  I think the owners need to see the bigger picture and take a hit short term to set the mark for the longer term future.  I just can't have it that the Coates family  (worth circa £10 BILLION) would ever be told what was happening by a footballer playing for them worth sub £20m at best.  I have worked for them years ago and left the company and they are ruthless when it comes to business but extremely loyal to people who don't fuck them over.  I think there is a reason why this type of thing has never happened at Stoke.  I am sure it is also to do with the scouting influence and how much they research players and their motives more than most clubs do.  They really don't have many big money signings/contract busts over the last 8 years.

Agent

"so you can go to club x and club y for the same deal. be careful though club x has just stiffed over player z who had 18 months left and let him rot with the kids, so prevented him getting one more contract. i think you should go to club y"

think that is a real factor in modern day football

I don't disagree with that at all but as a club owner do you really want to sign a player who thinks like that or is advised like that?  That is my point.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 30, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »

i think most agents will think like that, this is the problem

Ulloa is a lovely fella, good team man, never a problem. agent gets involved and its played out in the papers over weeks etc

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 30, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »

i think most agents will think like that, this is the problem

Ulloa is a lovely fella, good team man, never a problem. agent gets involved and its played out in the papers over weeks etc

Any top 10 EPL club now though is a huge club globally and most of the players they are signing this will be the 'career' contract for the player therefore the club has the power in this instance esp wages wise.  No club outside of top level champs league can compete financially with a top 10/12 EPL club contract wise (excluding China which may be funny in 2021 if anyone bumps this)  so again (imo) the club really does have the power.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 31, 2017, 10:48:12 PM »

Bad set of results for you tonight, Tighty.

Squeaky bum time now.

What a difference a year makes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 31, 2017, 10:55:13 PM »

Bad set of results for you tonight, Tighty.

Squeaky bum time now.

What a difference a Kante makes.

FYP.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 06, 2017, 10:47:58 AM »

He's right too. totally embarrassing

Click to see full-size image.

heck knows what is going on in the dressing room, some nasty stories. Inevitable i suppose once team spirit fractures

Massive game Sunday at Swansea

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 07, 2017, 04:09:59 AM »

Hope you don't suffer the big R and  join the exclusive club of 1.

Cityitis:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/04/leicester-city-premier-league-relegation-symptoms
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 07, 2017, 02:23:17 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

we'll see!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 09, 2017, 12:40:11 PM »

So, we finally got a win

took extra time to do it but any win helps at the moment and we scored two very good goals in extra time when the impact of bringing on Ndidi and Mahrez was really felt, though it wasn't too convincing in the first 90 minutes

28,000 turned up at the very reasonable £10-15 a head and i doubt many expected two reserve teams, 10 and 8 changes respectively.

From the slightly older generation where the FA Cup matters to me more than it does the club i wasn't best pleased to see the whole team changed but it is a fact of life these days, suppose i had better get used to it. We face similar problems for the next round at Millwall, four days before the first leg of the CL Last sixteen in Seville.

It can be done, and I am sure making 5-6 changes not 10 might have seen it won in normal time.

Amartey played six games for Ghana in the AFCON in 19 days, got off a plane at 5.45am yesterday morning and played 120 minutes at right back last night. A fast developing player that can play three positions and quite the athlete 

This Sunday a big one, Swansea away.

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: February 09, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »

Couple of cracking goals last night.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 12, 2017, 06:53:43 PM »

well that was completely embarrassing

two weeks til the next league game, reckon its more than 50-50 we have a caretaker in charge for the FA Cup and try to get someone for a fortnight's time.

players just don't seem to give a toss.

Life moves on quickly, and football even quicker

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 12, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »

well that was completely embarrassing

two weeks til the next league game, reckon its more than 50-50 we have a caretaker in charge for the FA Cup and try to get someone for a fortnight's time.

players just don't seem to give a toss.

Life moves on quickly, and football even quicker

surely not, he has a job for life unless he resigns Huh??

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 12, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »

Too much money in the PL to want to be relegated
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 12, 2017, 08:45:01 PM »

Ranieri gone according to mail sport?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 12, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »

Ranieri gone according to mail sport?

the twitter account youre referring to has 150 followers

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: