blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 344572 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: February 14, 2017, 12:24:34 AM »

Getting rid of Ranieri now would just be totally and utterly insane! Could there really a better manager out there available to Leicester who's savvier and will and attract better talent? He's the last truly world class bastion Leicester have, if he goes you can bet other talented individuals will start jumping ship too, and you'll inevitably end up going through manager after manager struggling to get out of the championship like all teams do who end up there. How can sacking him can possibly be the solution here, he is an incredible manager.

Let him do the best he can with what he's got, show the players with no passion the door this summer if you stay up, rebuild the squad, then you've got your best chance of building a long term future in the PL rather than going up and down like a yoyo with some rando managers in charge.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 14, 2017, 01:32:53 AM »

As of now

Schmeichel

Simpson Benalouane Amartey Chilwell

Ndidi  and I don't know. Drinkwater i suppose

Gray  Okazaki  Albrighton           

Slimani

Recruitment in the summer was poor, with hindsight, so this may not be a good enough team anyway. Don't really want to play   Simpson or Drinkwater right now but there's no competiton for places in a few spots

Amartey played CB for Ghana in the AFCON and was named in the team of the tournament. Have to give him a go there

It's gloomy.

On the positive side, Gray looks different class.

Ndidi has started well too.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 14, 2017, 01:35:33 AM »

with hindsight we would have accepted a lot of the bids that came our way in the summer rather than giving the lot of them new contracts

not one Leicester fan would have said that nine months ago though, expecially re Vardy and Mahrez.

I always thought Vardy wasa fish on a heater. Should definitely have taken the money for him.

Mahrez looked the real deal though. To my eyes his drop off has been far more alarming.

Similar to the difference of Payet from last season to this.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 14, 2017, 01:40:49 AM »

Reckon they just had 3 months on the piss after shipping the lot from nowhere last year, and have never caught up since with training etc....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 15, 2017, 11:11:13 AM »

this all felt a bit odd last night in Monaco

Click to see full-size image.

everyone joins in except Claudio, probably mid thought about who should play right back at Millwall

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 16, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »

Nigel Pearson speaks

"It is a bit of a surprise, for sure, but I think most people would not have expected it to go the way it did last year. Last year's achievement was pretty singular. It was an amazing achievement by the club. This year has been difficult for them.

"It is unfortunate and quite sad there has been so much negativity, especially in recent weeks, but it is important to try and think of it as a 13-game season here on in and put to bed all the criticism.

"For a club of Leicester City's stature and the players to achieve for them what they achieved last season is absolutely amazing.

"It is almost as if it is the zenith of their careers. In some ways it is understandable that there is going to be a slight difference this year.

"When you look at the top of the Premier League this season all the big sides you would expect to perform well are doing so again.

'Dressing room has to manage this'
"The league has a different complexion this season. I think everyone associated with Leicester will be disappointed how it is going so far, but let's remember this, there are 13 games to go and it is very much in their hands.

"They are not in the bottom three. Yes it is tight, yes they have performed in a way that they would expect better from themselves, but that is the nature of it.

"What strikes me when I see interviews by some of the players is they almost look like they don't know what is happening to them.

"They are saying they can't put a finger on it, but the dressing room has to remain strong and the dressing room has to manage itself from here on in.

"They have some great players and I think what they need to do is get back to their identity. You ask people what Leicester City are they would say they are a very good team who work hard. They out-work people and even that has been questioned of them this season.

'You can't listen to external opinions'
"They have to make sure if there are any question marks internally they find the answers. That is the bottom line.

"You can't spend your time listening to people who have opinions externally. There have been criticisms coming their way and they have to find the answers to that.

"You can spend a lot of time talking but now is probably the time for actions rather than words."

"I would suspect that if there are a few problems they will sort it out internally.

"I think whenever results don't go well, there is always the temptation to second guess what is happening. They have to sort it out internally. The club made a statement last week which I think was a sensible thing to do.

'The club will be reluctant to make changes'
"The owner came over from Thailand and, while I am sure it is to show public support, I am sure he wants to see with his own eyes what is happening.

"I am sure when he looks them in the eye, as I know from my own experience, he gets the right vibes. That is what will happen.

"The club will be very reluctant to make changes, and quite rightly so after last season's achievement, it is only right to try and find the answers with the people who are already there.

"It is a lot easier to sack managers than sort the players' situation out. It is more or less the same group of people and they need to find the answers themselves.

"They will be hoping to find the solutions from within. I don't think it is a situation where the manager has lost the players.

"Clearly there needs to be an upturn in fortunes and results, but many people would say Leicester City were bound to have a season where they didn't do so well, but it is a shock."

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 19, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »

Thoughts on Chillwell Tighty? I know you were a big fan, but looks very poor from what I've seen.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 19, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »

Thoughts on Chillwell Tighty? I know you were a big fan, but looks very poor from what I've seen.

He's very talented. Only 19, England all age groups and in the U21s already. Arsenal and Liverpool interested going back to last summer

Needs a run in the team, and in a team with more confidence

What i like about him is his appetitie for defending.

All that said, he switched off in the 90th minute yesterday and it cost us.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 22, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »

not the worst location in the world for a hotel room, though it might be come 10pm tonight

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 22, 2017, 10:08:37 AM »

just in case you fancy supporting both clubs...

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 22, 2017, 09:01:58 PM »

Huth/Morgan Cheesy its actually pretty sad to see.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 22, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »

just in case you fancy supporting both clubs...

I'm very against half and half scarves in general, esp when they produce them for domestic derby games and whatnot, but as an occasional attendee of City Euro away games I think they are reasonably acceptable in that situation.

It's not everyday you're playing in Seville, Dortmund, Madrid, Turin, Paris etc so it can be a nice little memento of a trip. Plus a fridge magnet.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 22, 2017, 10:25:10 PM »

Game on.  Tighty must be loving it out there.   That was like watching Lineker 30 years ago that Vardy finish.  Love the old school 1985 Leicester shirts in the crowd as well during the celebrations.  Have to get mum to dig mine out of her loft from when i was 9!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 22, 2017, 10:46:59 PM »

Very disappointed not to see Tighty munching a pasty with 5 mins to go.

That's a tenner down the drain.

Price boost my eye...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 23, 2017, 12:33:37 AM »

Very disappointed not to see Tighty munching a pasty with 5 mins to go.

That's a tenner down the drain.

Price boost my eye...

Must've been bad camera work surely.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: