blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:47:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 344515 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: February 24, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »

Quote from: FUN4FRASER link=top ic=66372.msg2178281#msg2178281 date=1487888061
Where is the loyalty  ?  Board should be ashamed  !

Disgraceful action that has killed Claudios legacy

Sad Sad Affair
no such thing as legacies in modern football. Head over heart it is a ruthless correct decision. Whether itcworks we will see

lol, pretty sure with this level of ruthless Leicester may finish top ten again sometime in the next 10 years

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 24, 2017, 12:58:31 AM »

I think having the dressing room is still so vital, especially with the player power we see today. I can't imagine these decisions are taken in a vacuum by the board without consulting key figures on the playing staff. When confidence was high last season a few amusing dilly dings dilly dongs kept smiles on faces but I don't suppose it has the same effect when you're getting stuffed each week. Alex Ferguson was a physiological genius and I figure that was a major factor for his longevity.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 24, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »

I imagine if you had asked any Leicester fan at the start of last seasn, "would you accept relegation in 16/17 if you won the title in 15/16?" about 100% of them would say yes.

But if you had asked the ownership "Would you prefer 5 years uninterupted stay in the EPL or a tiltle and relegation inside 2 years", I really am not sure of the answer.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1428 on: February 24, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »

I imagine if you had asked any Leicester fan at the start of last seasn, "would you accept relegation in 16/17 if you won the title in 15/16?" about 100% of them would say yes.

But if you had asked the ownership "Would you prefer 5 years uninterupted stay in the EPL or a tiltle and relegation inside 2 years", I really am not sure of the answer.

Nicely summed up.

By all accounts it was player pressure that sealed his fate, not sure what the player's answers would have been to the above questions.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 24, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »

Think they'd opt for the former.

I don't know the financial value of 5 years in the EPL - many hundreds of millions? - but it must be significantly greater than the value of winning it once then being relegated.

If I had invested heavily in a Football Club, as an Owner/Director, I'd want sustained high income (Arsenal style), Trophies are a distant second.

Trophies for show, EPL for dough.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:04 AM »

You won't find a single Leicester fan criticising the board

without the Thais we'd be at least two divisions lower. they have put in over £200m,buying the ground, new training facilities,new youth system, scouting network,support staff, playing staff and the rest

the collective reaction to sacking Pearson (twice)and appointing Claudio was "wtf" every time

You will find a lot of dissatisfaction that the players have reportedly gone to the board, this after Ranieri has been extremely loyal to them through their underperformance this season

but that is the modern game, you can't sack 20 players and players run the show. once they have gone to the board and said "we are not happy" then the board doesn't really have much choice does it?

see Mourinho/Hazard and players last season. they had downed tools, he leaves and they perform

just the way it is. not pleasant, but what money has done to the game

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 24, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »

From The Times

Click to see full-size image.
commercial photography locations
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 24, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »

without the Thais we'd be at least two divisions lower. they have put in over £200m,buying the ground, new training facilities,new youth system, scouting network,support staff, playing staff and the rest

the collective reaction to sacking Pearson (twice)and appointing Claudio was "wtf" every time

You will find a lot of dissatisfaction that the players have reportedly gone to the board, this after Ranieri has been extremely loyal to them through their underperformance this season

but that is the modern game, you can't sack 20 players and players run the show. once they have gone to the board and said "we are not happy" then the board doesn't really have much choice does it?

see Mourinho/Hazard and players last season. they had downed tools, he leaves and they perform

Heard any rumours of which of the players actually went to the baord?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 24, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »

i don't

the leaders are Schmeichel (demonstrably), Morgan/Huth/Vardy/Drinkwater.

Schmeichel is one of the few who you would say has nothing to be reproached over. form hasn't dipped, gives it the lot every match

I do know, or think i know because several people have told me,that the Pearson dressing room was very close and the older tenured players didn't rate many of the summer signings and the dressing room became fractured into a "them and us" this season

Musa (big fee,done little) appears to have been a lightening rod for this mutual discontent

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 24, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »

i don't

the leaders are Schmeichel (demonstrably), Morgan/Huth/Vardy/Drinkwater.

Schmeichel is one of the few who you would say has nothing to be reproached over. form hasn't dipped, gives it the lot every match

I do know, or think i know because several people have told me,that the Pearson dressing room was very close and the older tenured players didn't rate many of the summer signings and the dressing room became fractured into a "them and us" this season

Musa (big fee,done little) appears to have been a lightening rod for this mutual discontent

How many of last season's squad got pay rises?

If they go down, Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Huth and Morgan might be impossible to shift.

Leicester will be the same spot QPR were in when we went down. Loads of Premier League contracts for under performing players who are impossible to shift.

Taken 2 full seasons to get rid of them all. (Caulker still there, but he's the only one and he wasn't on the ridic wages of some ofthe others)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 24, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »

reportedly 40% wage reductions built into all the new contracts signed last summer.

Parachute payments and sale of those who will be sold (Mahrez, Schmeichel, someone will have Vardy, plus Gray/Chilwell etc) - albeit not at the values we'd have got last summer forall but the younger players - will tide us over

Huth and Morgan, agreed, stuck with them. would have to check length of contracts now

anyway, watch them pull together and perform now. Jokers.

It is reported widely that the change of tactics at half time against Seville came from the coaching staff and not Ranieri. Pressed much more energetically,Gray on Musa off, Drinkwater further forward and Mahrez ran harder that half than he has all season

if that is true,once the manager has been by-passed mid game,he'sl ost the dressing room hasn't he?

My eyes are open wide
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 24, 2017, 11:34:14 AM »

Some contract end dates:

2018 - Huth, Ulloa
2019 - Okazaki, Fuchs, Simpson, Morgan
2020 - Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton, Musa
2021- Drinkwater, Schmeicehel
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 24, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »

Sums it up I think and the Chelsea situation  a pretty exact parallel. Bit tougher for Leicester to reverse the decline probably because, for all the achievements last year, the player quality isn't really comparable I think

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 24, 2017, 12:18:52 PM »

Sums it up I think and the Chelsea situation  a pretty exact parallel. Bit tougher for Leicester to reverse the decline probably because, for all the achievements last year, the player quality isn't really comparable I think

and i agree with that. not as easy to get out of, situation is worse/style of play is easier to counter and the players aren't as good

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 24, 2017, 12:40:43 PM »

this is really good

Paul Hayward

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/24/claudio-ranieris-dismissal-leicester-city-perfect-illustration/

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: