blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:51:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 341439 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: March 15, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »

I've always wanted Madrid when Celtic make CL. 

Munich is a good trip, Turin isn't great - wasn't my cup of tea anyway.  I love Barcelona but been too many times for the football. 
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 15, 2017, 02:23:40 PM »

Of course, 'let slip the dogs of war' is from Julius Caesar - about a leader from Rome who got stabbed in the back by those close to him.

Only you could make this post on The Ides of March!

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 15, 2017, 03:24:58 PM »

Really enjoyed that - brilliant stuff.

Any preferences for the quarter final?

Brilliant for Leicester financially as well. According to my calc they will have earned about €80mil from UEFA so far which will be the 2nd highest by an English club in CL history. Get to the semis and it will be the highest.

no preferences beyond not wanting Man C. Nothing against City but we can hopefully play them twice a season as it is and this unlikely run is allabout the experiences for me, going to new grounds, the atmospheres etc

obviously Barca, Real or Bayern would be a dream

I have always been a big Buffon fan too.Seeing him at the KP would be one of the mental scrapbook too

Save City until Cardiff on 3rd June Smiley  Now that truly would be a dream...

If there is any mileage in warm balls and "unofficial" seedings  it is a given that Leicester draw one of the big 3.  Afterall, Bayern, Real and Barcelona have managed to avoid each other at the quarter final stage in each of the last 5 years. We will see. Just hope that we are in the draw after tonight's efforts...

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 17, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »

Atletico Madrid then.

Second leg at home.

been there in the UEFA Cup under Martin O'Neill, bit of a shame really

We'll save Real or Barca for the semis :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 17, 2017, 02:21:39 PM »

Atletico Madrid then.

Second leg at home.

been there in the UEFA Cup under Martin O'Neill, bit of a shame really

We'll save Real or Barca for the semis :-)

I guess looking at the draw, the 2 teams you would fancy beating are probably Monaco and Athletico. I mean they are the 2 easier sides if there are any left in at this stage. Not been in as great a form this season, so you never know.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 19, 2017, 10:41:03 AM »

Opta: Craig Shakespeare is the 1st manager in PL history to have his side score 3+ goals in each of his first 3 games in charge.

i maybe a bit biased, but i think Schmeichelis right up there with Lloris, de gea and courtois for PLgoalkeepers. a world class player, one whose form didn't dip this season

he made two sensational saves yesterday, and when we were out on our feet with 20minutes to go ensured we won the game

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 19, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »

Opta: Craig Shakespeare is the 1st manager in PL history to have his side score 3+ goals in each of his first 3 games in charge.

i maybe a bit biased, but i think Schmeichelis right up there with Lloris, de gea and courtois for PLgoalkeepers. a world class player, one whose form didn't dip this season

he made two sensational saves yesterday, and when we were out on our feet with 20minutes to go ensured we won the game

i have always loved Kasper in his early career i used to try and get his from Man City for Aberdeen and the first player i buy for FF

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 23, 2017, 09:56:45 AM »

Sport have gone really big on Mahrez to Barcelona. Say contact has been ongoing 'for months'.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 02, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »

very decent performance yesterday (though Stoke were insipid and Berahino especially was a passenger)

cracking couple of goals. Ndidi is 20, and making us forget about Kante. nowhere near him yet but such potential with an eye for goal too

Fantastic start for Shakespeare who has them pressing high, has got the counter attacking game really going again and we ripped Stoke apart formuch of the game.only the keeperkept the score down

now 3 points off 9th and Sunderland at home next

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 05, 2017, 10:43:04 AM »

A turgid performance for 70 minutes last night,looked leggy and sloppy

then two substitutions changed the game. Marc Albrighton came on an assisted both goals and tore Sdnerland a new one down one flank and Slimani just thrived on the service he got

Vardy scored another with another great finish and all is right with the world

so temporarily at least into the top half and looking up, confidence fully back and the flair players beginning to click. simpler tactics,high press quick transitions and creating/making chances

opta tell me: Leicester City are the second team in PL history to follow up a run of five losses by winning five in a row (also Spurs 2004).

everton away next where some rotation is likely. it is a punishing month with two games a week through aparil and we have atletico next wednesday, so could see any of mahrez,drinkwater, vardy rested this weekend

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »

this lad is a real find.

WhoScored.com‏

Wilfred Ndidi: Only N'Golo Kante (48) has made more tackles than Ndidi (40) in the Premier League in 2017

having that sort of player is crucial, protects the cumbersome back four and allows, when he wins it, quick counters

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1496 on: April 05, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »

Haven't seen an awful lot of Ndidi , but what i have seen has been impressive.

Another good find by the scouts.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 05, 2017, 01:42:02 PM »

Do you think we look better at the back since Morgan has been out?

I've been impressed with Benalouane but would like to see whether Amartey in that role would work.

I'm with you on Ndidi - very impressive!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 05, 2017, 01:54:03 PM »

Do you think we look better at the back since Morgan has been out?

I've been impressed with Benalouane but would like to see whether Amartey in that role would work.

I'm with you on Ndidi - very impressive!

Benalouane has more pace and is a ball player. I thought he might be a bit flaky when we came under heavy pressure but was rock solid when we were under the cosh late on defending a lead at west ham.

As of now, Morgan would struggle to get back in if it wasn't for the leadership role. whatever happens this coming off-season we need to get the succession for morgan and huth in place. we coveted michael keane badly this off-season but he will now be beyond us. Maguire from Hull maybe?

Ndidi is 20 and they want to get him stronger, on the weights etc. Quite the athlete though and enormous potential and might be good for 5-7 goals a year too

take a look at his goal of the season for genk last year. have a bit of that!

really our recruitment last summer was well below par (Slimani yes, the rest unproven at best, poor at worst)so hopefully a better strike rate coming this next transfer window

with £80m+ in the coffer from the UCl on top of normal league revenue, we can do some damage

My eyes are open wide
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 05, 2017, 02:47:24 PM »

this lad is a real find.

WhoScored.com‏

Wilfred Ndidi: Only N'Golo Kante (48) has made more tackles than Ndidi (40) in the Premier League in 2017

having that sort of player is crucial, protects the cumbersome back four and allows, when he wins it, quick counters

he has looked very impressive.
Palace's upturn in fortunes is in a long way down to Luka Milivojecic who they signed from Olympiakos for around £12 million in January.  Exactly the type of player that it was obvious we needed but Pardew wouldn't sign - he wanted playmakers like Puncheon and Cabaye in the holding role which just doesn't work.

The holding midfielder role is turning into one of the most important in football.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: