blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 344554 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: February 27, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »

Comedy.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 27, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »

Could Liverpool have made this any easier for Leicester tonight? It's like they haven't watched any other team play against them this season. Klopp vastly overrated.

If I remember rightly, it was only Liverpool that Leicester  struggled against last season?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 27, 2017, 10:39:24 PM »

Could Liverpool have made this any easier for Leicester tonight? It's like they haven't watched any other team play against them this season. Klopp vastly overrated.

If I remember rightly, it was only Liverpool that Leicester  struggled against last season?

Nah, Leicester smashed us 2-0.

Liverpool been fucking awful, Klopp hasn't got a fucking clue when it comes to defending
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 27, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »

Ndidi going to be some player.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 27, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »

Same fixture last year was when Vardy ran in behind and scored that dipping volley. Was allowed the same time and space on numerous occasions tonight. Awful tactics.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 27, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »

If I remember rightly, it was only Liverpool that Leicester  struggled against last season?

The Arsenal beat em twice iirc.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 28, 2017, 08:47:14 AM »

7 points from 11th spot, Crazy

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 28, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »

The cosy narrative of last night is "the players are a disgrace, down tools all season, get the manager sacked then show up and put in a performance"

In reality its a bit more complicated than that as there were shifts in tactics last night that saw 10 of last season's first choice team start, with Ndidi for Kante, a willingness to cede possession and set up for the counter-attack and the return of the high press which when it works allowed us to win possession high up the field.

It is said that there was a big difference of opinion Ranieri v players on the press. Ranieri,worried about protecting the back four in the absence of Kante, only wanted to press in Leicester's own half, the players wanted to press all over

At half time against Seville the change to go back to the high press was put in place,and this carried on last night

Probably not a coincidence that in the very short term it looks a bit more like last season also with balls over the top and in behind for Vardy to chase in a quick transition from winning the ball to getting it forward

We were helped last night by Liverpool ( 4 transfer windows into Klopp's reign and still nowhere near good enough at centre back and keeper from what i can see) showing up with Lucas at centre back who was torn to shreds by Vardy.

There is a big one on Saturday, Hull at home, and we have to try to re-create last night's intensity against a team that you would think would be far less open

Might have a new manager by then too. Depends who you listen to, but it appears Hiddink is first choice.To me Hiddink looked a bit half hearted in his last spell at Chelsea and clearly would be a short term appointment who would nevertheless command instant respect from this set of players

Two people have told me that if Hiddink won't come, they like Avram Grant. The thought process goes that before the Thais bought us they were Chelsea box holders and supporters and that connection still holds quite strong. Not essentially football people, their views were shaped by watching Chelsea sides from Abramovich onwards. Hence Ranieri and other names with Chelsea history

Grant was until recently manager of Ghana. Wouldn't go down well with the fans of course but then again several of their appointments haven't and so far the track record is good

All that said, it would be rather entertaining on the old lcfc rollercoaster to have Pearson back for a third time.

Never a dull moment

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 28, 2017, 12:19:59 PM »

The Arsenal beat em twice iirc.

5-2 before Kante got in the side early season and then 2-1 at the Emirates

Liverpool, at Anfield, were the only team all season to set up specifically to stop us.they put two left sided players on Mahrez and defended deep and beat us deservedly.

it was thus quite surprising to see them turn up at the King Power playing a high line later in the season. (the spectacular Vardy goal game)   

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 28, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »

Ndidi going to be some player.

Had a great game

Click to see full-size image.

we have seen spells of it in a struggling side in his first six weeks at the club but very encouraging last night

Protected the back four well,can play a pass,gets into the box too

Probably helped that Drinkwater next to him ran and worked harder than he has appeared to have done all season

Not Kante of course, but in theory that type of player that you need in there when you want to press high.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 02, 2017, 03:03:36 PM »

thoguht this was a very good analysis

"COLUMN The outrage over Ranieri's sacking has come from outside Leicester City. The LCFC fans trust their chairman"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/01/leicester-fans-back-chairman-outrage-claudio-ranieri-has-come/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 04, 2017, 10:34:07 AM »

in the FT of all places,yesterday

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 05, 2017, 09:30:38 PM »

in the FT of all places,yesterday

English only please.  Wink

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 06, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

I see Northern Ireland manager Michael O'Neill is linked with the Leicester job;
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39182985
As a League of Ireland follower I saw the tremendous job he did with Shamrock Rovers. Rovers are historically Ireland's biggest club but in 2010 he won their 1st title since 1994. They then retained the title. They were Ireland's first club side to qualify for a Group stage when they qualified for the Europa League groups. I tipped them up here @ 33/1 to win at White Hart Lane after 'Arry Redknapp played a reserve side in their 1st match. Unfortunately, 'Arry played a very strong side at WHL. Rovers were leading 1-0 until halftime though before succumbing 3-1.
He then left Rovers and is currently working miracles with the current Northern Ireland team. I'm a huge fan. I was surprised he wasn't picked up by a Championship side as they presumably could pay a lot more than Northern Ireland FA.
Dunno if the Premiership might be a step too far, too soon though.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 06, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »

thanks

Squad currently in Dubai with Shakespeare,who has simplified tactics,picked last years team and got two wins on the bounce.

imean the difference in attitude from some of these players. its as if their fitbit is on fire all of a sudden.

were he to get us past Sevilla next Tuesday (unlikely but have a sqeuak) then quite tough not to give him it for the rest of the season

any of all of michael o'neill ,roy hodgson,hiddink, pearson, rowett, grant all been mentioned in despatches as we wait for the white smoke from the Thai Vatican

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: