blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 343907 times)
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: April 13, 2017, 01:20:56 PM »

It all looked pretty awesome last night mate. Almost all our players gave 100% and should be proud. Like you I fear not having an away goal may cost us in the end but to still be in with a shout is great.

I fear we will really miss Huth more than any other player though.

As for the "fans" unfortunately you can't stop tattooed fkwits showing their "patriotism" whenever an English team goes abroad and of course although the local police overreact, often on the wrong people or softer targets, it's pretty understandable.

Next week will be incredible win or lose - lets hope its the former!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:22:27 PM by T8MML » Logged

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 13, 2017, 03:08:19 PM »

Hmmm seeing more and more footage that isn't showing Leicester fans in the best light. Nothing crazy that deserves a police baton across the arse but perhaps a bit more tact is required.

Not a bad result and all to play for in the 2nd leg.

This

Leicester playing at their optimum in the circumstances and opposition

Great Grinding ..........could they grind it out like the Greeks did in The Euros 2004  ?

50-1 seems okay with 8 teams left

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

got to be worth £30

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:12:24 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 15, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »

Useful point today

2-0 up at Palace,including a trademark Vardy counter-attack goal where he sent Schlupp to the hot dog stand, but never in control of the game with Palace launching it to Benteke and going from there

Fuchs to centre back after 70 minutes today a sign of who is going to be replacing the magnificent Huth, MOTM today after a great effort in Madrid, when he is suspended for the second leg

Now got 37 points

Swansea are 9 points behind with them having 5 games left and a worse goal difference so they need 10 points out of 15 to overtake us if we losesix on the trot

we have a tough run in (arsenal,spurs,man c included) but one more win and we are safe and we have a shot at a top half finish if it falls right

all eyes on tuesday now, get the first goal and its going to be rocking

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 15, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »

lol at thinking you can go down even if you lose every game 8-0 from here on in!  GL in the CL on Tues.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 18, 2017, 01:28:31 PM »

tonight feels like a big old night

i read yesterday that in CL lifetime knockout phases teams that go into their home second leg 1-0 down qualify 36% of the time

obviously lack of an away goal is a big part of that low percentage, in a lot of cases its tie over if the team leading 1-0 scores away in the second leg

practically here,because Atleti are so good defensively, and so good on the counter with a match-winner (Griezmann) up top then 36% feels too high

maybe 20% i don't know

anyway, i doubt very much i will see us in this stage of the CL ever again, maybe not even the CL ever so tonight is a night for soaking up the atmosphere, for enjoying every minute and if the almost unthinkable was to happen, great.

I am a bit eccentric as a fan really. I like to be the first in the ground, to watch it fill up, to watch warm ups and to stadium watch. Tonight will be no different. Come kick off its going to be electric, i've seen the displays that are planned and its going to be great.

My eyes are open wide
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 18, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »

GL tonight Rich

"  Ive got a feeling ......... "
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 18, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »

Hoping you boys can pull off a shock.

Have a great night!

T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 18, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »

An even mix of "buzzing" and "crapping" - what a night this could be. I just sincerely hope that the ref doesn't fall for any of that Argie b*****ds antics on the touchline or Huth lumps him one in the tunnel!

Enjoy the night Tighty - so envious not to be going but there's always the season after next Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 18, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »

i read yesterday that in CL lifetime knockout phases teams that go into their home second leg 1-0 down qualify 36% of the time

obviously lack of an away goal is a big part of that low percentage, in a lot of cases its tie over if the team leading 1-0 scores away in the second leg

practically here,because Atleti are so good defensively, and so good on the counter with a match-winner (Griezmann) up top then 36% feels too high

maybe 20% i don't know

anyway, i doubt very much i will see us in this stage of the CL ever again, maybe not even the CL ever so tonight is a night for soaking up the atmosphere, for enjoying every minute and if the almost unthinkable was to happen, great.

I am a bit eccentric as a fan really. I like to be the first in the ground, to watch it fill up, to watch warm ups and to stadium watch. Tonight will be no different. Come kick off its going to be electric, i've seen the displays that are planned and its going to be great.

It's really rather lovely that one of blonde's most mature, erudite & cerebral individuals is also, when the occasion demands, a great big kid.

Hope you have a great evening Rich.

Have to say, I thought Atletico were incredibly good in the 1st leg.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 18, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »

maybe 20% i don't know

It's really rather lovely that one of blonde's most mature, erudite & cerebral individuals is also, when the occasion demands, a great big kid.

Thank you Tikay - the nicest thing you've ever said about me Wink

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 18, 2017, 07:18:22 PM »

Tim has managed to hack Tikays account......

Gl Foxes

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »

maybe 20% i don't know

Thank you Tikay - the nicest thing you've ever said about me Wink

I said mature, erudite and cerebral, not "old fart".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 18, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »

Good effort in the 2nd half Tighty, but Madrid were just too good in truth.

T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:37 PM »

One bad referreeing decision in the first leg and a momentary lapse of concentration  in the second and that proved the difference. AM are a superb and well disciplined outfit but on the night we did ourselves proud as "Champions of England" Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »

once they scored that was it,no way we were ever scoring three

quite the team to watch close up Atleti, really organised, compact,defend as if linked by giant ropes. one moves, the rest adjust immediately.

at half time when we went direct with 3-4-3 and shoved long balls up and crosses galore (having spent the first half being unable to get past Godin and Savic camped on the 18 yard box to stop Vardy running in behind) we had them rocking a bit on their plinths but never really cracked them

and Griezmann...he hardly appears to be moving then bang he's accelerating.glides over the pitch like he's a spring heeled hare gambolling in the fields. if he came to the PL he'd be a handful, just a natural sense of where space isa nd very ifficult to track 

so the better team went through, but no shame in that. gave it a good go

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: