blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 165936 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 20, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »

Link doesn't work.  Grin  Sure you were whooshing me or whatever the kidz call it nowadays.  I will stick to the knitting!  Get this t4 placed at Romford tonight for you.

Correct. Wink

Try this for size, then.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66992.30

Missed this completely.

Best of Blonde nomination, surely?

Anyone with experience at higher stakes got a view? Who is this Pleno clown?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 21, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »

Great work Tighty.

This has been a must-read every morning for so many of us.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: July 21, 2016, 02:03:30 PM »

From an ICM viewpoint, I found the way in which Kassouf exited interesting. He had something like 26m before first Aces hand, and from how the reports read effectively turned his Aces into a bluff, losing 10-11million ; then gets 15 million in with Kings pre.

If he 'small balls' both hands, checks back on a street, etc, he's probably final tabling.

Clearly it's never bad to get Kings in pre, but in the specific circumstances of the main event, when you're in final 18, and the pay jumps are huge, who plays his hands out differently?

That isn't right.

He put 3.2 million in when he was in front with aces and "wasted" 3 million when he was behind.  But that feels a bit results orientated and the bluff may well have worked if the other fella didn't have the jack of diamonds.  The villian comes across as pretty cautious in that hand. 

And the 13 million with kings is pretty harsh.  He has 30 big blinds holds kings and runs into aces.  I have yet to see it obviously, but from some reports it seems like even then he agonised over it and badgered the bloke to get info (others have suggested he may have been trapping with the 10 minute tank).    Not sure how he small balls away from a ten high flop if he just called at some stage.  He more than likely had to fold pre as the only way to get away from it without losing all his chips. 

I am also not sure how he could have small balled/missed bets on his way from 7 million (or whatever it was) at the start of the day to near 30 million(??) at peak.  Again it just feels results orientated.  Yeah we want to play small when behind and aggro when in front, if only it were that simple.

Pretty interesting river bet, he blocks the aces so combo wise the guy has a decent diamond a lot?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 21, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »

From an ICM viewpoint, I found the way in which Kassouf exited interesting. He had something like 26m before first Aces hand, and from how the reports read effectively turned his Aces into a bluff, losing 10-11million ; then gets 15 million in with Kings pre.

If he 'small balls' both hands, checks back on a street, etc, he's probably final tabling.

Clearly it's never bad to get Kings in pre, but in the specific circumstances of the main event, when you're in final 18, and the pay jumps are huge, who plays his hands out differently?

That isn't right.

He put 3.2 million in when he was in front with aces and "wasted" 3 million when he was behind.  But that feels a bit results orientated and the bluff may well have worked if the other fella didn't have the jack of diamonds.  The villian comes across as pretty cautious in that hand. 

And the 13 million with kings is pretty harsh.  He has 30 big blinds holds kings and runs into aces.  I have yet to see it obviously, but from some reports it seems like even then he agonised over it and badgered the bloke to get info (others have suggested he may have been trapping with the 10 minute tank).    Not sure how he small balls away from a ten high flop if he just called at some stage.  He more than likely had to fold pre as the only way to get away from it without losing all his chips. 

I am also not sure how he could have small balled/missed bets on his way from 7 million (or whatever it was) at the start of the day to near 30 million(??) at peak.  Again it just feels results orientated.  Yeah we want to play small when behind and aggro when in front, if only it were that simple.

Pretty interesting river bet, he blocks the aces so combo wise the guy has a decent diamond a lot?

You are probably right.  I remembered it as 5 diamonds with the lowest a 6, but looking back , , and are all possibles. 

Flop was Ad9d5d.   Turn , river .   

All Acx get to the turn though if he is a bit passive fishy.  99 and 55 do.  Everything else has a diamond.  Guess it is safe to assume he limp calls pairs if he limp calls AJ off?  Then he folds all the none diamond ones on the flop?  But Vayo limp calls then checks 3 times,  hard to put him on a hand containing , and even in the circumstances?  Vayo's actual hand would not be one I would have expected to see in Kassouf's shoes. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ABO151

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 21, 2016, 06:32:27 PM »

a most interesting last 2 hands for Will indeed - only he will know for sure but have a feeling we'll all hear about it soon ;-) Great result Will and THE story.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:36:16 PM by ABO151 » Logged
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »

I agree with Doobs that any criticism looks results-orientated on first glance, but I suppose my query is, given his stack pre both big hands, at what point do we just shut down and fold our way to the FT in a satellite-type 'we've a seat locked' mode? The guy in 9th has circa 6 million chips for comparison, and is now guaranteed a milly + free shot at a multi-milly spin up. If Will folds every hand, Aces included, he's a lock for FT given the speed players went out afterwards?

I guess it depends on Will's finances too, if he can afford to go for the lot then can't really fault those hands too much.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 21, 2016, 08:23:32 PM »

I agree with Doobs that any criticism looks results-orientated on first glance, but I suppose my query is, given his stack pre both big hands, at what point do we just shut down and fold our way to the FT in a satellite-type 'we've a seat locked' mode? The guy in 9th has circa 6 million chips for comparison, and is now guaranteed a milly + free shot at a multi-milly spin up. If Will folds every hand, Aces included, he's a lock for FT given the speed players went out afterwards?

I guess it depends on Will's finances too, if he can afford to go for the lot then can't really fault those hands too much.

No problem with you doing that if you want but you might as well go to the spa and get a four hour massage and relax if you are not going to play AA rather than waste your time and energy actually sitting at the table.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 21, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »

Well perhaps not, tanking your hand down each time rather than being auto-mucked might be worth a spot or two...

But who am I to argue, Arbboy, you always know best! Wink
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 25, 2016, 12:08:33 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 30, 2016, 10:24:06 AM »

Just been informed by the poker production team for ESPN/WSOP that coverage of this year's WSOP Main Event will start and be broadcast on ESPN (possibly BT Sport too in the UK) on September 11th

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 19, 2016, 10:59:47 PM »

Will Kassouf show

9 high like a boss

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2016, 08:49:23 PM »

Will Kassouf show

9 high like a boss

Although Kassouf's antics are borderline, I feel like Effel went on a mad power trip here. Was pretty clear that he'd give Will a penalty if he spoke or gestured again but seemed to eventually give him a penalty for trying to get his point across that Effel didn't understand the context of his gesticulations (which was a fair point). Also wasn't a fan of Effel's general demeanour and attitude. A bit school teachery. Kassouf took it really well to be fair.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2016, 09:32:18 PM »

Will Kassouf show

9 high like a boss

Although Kassouf's antics are borderline, I feel like Effel went on a mad power trip here. Was pretty clear that he'd give Will a penalty if he spoke or gestured again but seemed to eventually give him a penalty for trying to get his point across that Effel didn't understand the context of his gesticulations (which was a fair point). Also wasn't a fan of Effel's general demeanour and attitude. A bit school teachery. Kassouf took it really well to be fair.

Yep, pretty much whast I thought.  Rather than explaining the penalty he just used the old you speak again it is two rounds. 

I watched 3 last night too, and the kassouf hand that lead to this one is on it (he had a straight flush).  There also appears to be an overlong dwell on the turn by that lady in that one too. 

Apparently he is in episode 5 a fair bit too.  Will be good to see the KK vs AA exit to see how hero and villain reacted, though guess that is maybe a couple of hands down the line.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 22, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »

should lump on kenny.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 22, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »

When the Will Kassouf hand was reported I thought what a massive knob - they made it sound like he was properly goading her then after the hand he properly threw it in face whereas in reality he did nothing of the sort.

1000% If the opponent in the hand was a male (or the protagonist was an american) absolutely nothing would have happened I'll bet anyone anything on that.

If anyone should get a penalty its the women for tying to get his hand killed for some speach play - speach play is part of the game and whatever you think of WK's table nonsense it was definitely having an affect on her. Thereports at the time made it sound like he was really going at her but all he was saying at the start was a mixture of "I want you to call" and "it's a friendly table, if you fold and show I'll show you."

Jack Eifell this was pathetic.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: