blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:40:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 166475 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: October 25, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »

I'm sure there was plenty of stuff we didn't see but if that is what counts as abuse in Benger's eye I suggested he has had quite a nice cosy life up until that point.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: October 25, 2016, 12:17:06 PM »

I'd love to see Benger against the likes of Lawrence Gosney, Wadey or Mohammed Shafiq.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 25, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Been really impressed with Ruane, would like to see him or the Czech lad take it down. Bit disappointing the more high profile players have let themselves down, maybe its the stress of playing so many days with little sleep?

@whollyflush on twitter
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 25, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »

Been really impressed with Ruane, would like to see him or the Czech lad take it down. Bit disappointing the more high profile players have let themselves down, maybe its the stress of playing so many days with little sleep?

maybe its because 3 or 4 of them are backed, and it creates another level of stress deep in this with the backers in the audience?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #829 on: October 25, 2016, 01:40:12 PM »

maybe its because 3 or 4 of them are backed, and it creates another level of stress deep in this with the backers in the audience?

You could make the counter claim that being backed takes the stress off and those playing their own dime are the ones with something to be stressed about.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 25, 2016, 01:41:50 PM »

You could make the counter claim that being backed takes the stress off and those playing their own dime are the ones with something to be stressed about.

you could normally i agree, but the backed players took most offence here.

there may be no correlation between the two factors, i don't know

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 25, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »

Hallaert comes across well too.  He managed to let Kassouf know that he wasn't impressed with what he was doing without coming across as a complete tool himself.  Benger completely lost it, but has come out and said he was in the wrong.  Vayo has just spent way too much time whinging.  Tough life bro, million in your back pocket and you sometimes had to wait longer than you'd like.  I thought Nguyen took too long to call with the nuts and should just have turned them over rather than letting villian think he had won.  Wong, just shake kassouf's hand ffs.  He has just had a brutal exit and you have just laddered.  Let it go.

So Hallaert, Ruane, Ruzicka and maybe Pons ftw. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 25, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »

yeh i agree with that ^^^ Hallaert and Pons come across as decent blokes.

@whollyflush on twitter
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:18 AM »

Black Mirror type idea from David Lappin

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »

Just seen Griffin Benger's outburst. Bloody embarrassing for a full time pro to lose their head like that. Niwinski refusing to shake Will's hand afterwards is childish. Hopefully Gordon Vayo finishes 9th and cries about it on live tv.

Feed em rice.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2016, 12:34:29 PM »

"Check your privilege" was the worst line. it was hard to look at the screen it was so cringeworthy. the phrase is embarrassing in just about any context, but when uttered by a white western male, in a 10k poker tounrnament, whilst simultaeneously bragging about how great his life is and how abused he feels by being asked if he wants to play a big pot , it took on new levels of horror.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: October 26, 2016, 12:52:14 PM »

Starting to feel a bit sorry for Benger. We've all shouted out the first angry thing that comes to mind in the heat of the moment and I presume he is a tad embarrassed about it. (If not that makes him a total wang of course).

The overall reaction to Kassouf was worse than any shit he did, what a bunch of babies.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 26, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »

Anyone else had to google what the phrase even means?! Still not sure I get it lol.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 26, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »

I didn't know it was an actual phrase until you said that. Just assumed he was throwing out any angry words in his rage.

Feed em rice.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 26, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »

Will k was gonna fold..Benger employed an all time great speech to get him to shove..audacious

Vayo's hair is lovely

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: