blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:33:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664722 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: December 02, 2017, 07:03:41 PM »

In Watergate intrepid reporters burrowed and dug for the truth.  In Trump's Watergate for morons, the villain simply tweets out that he was guilty:
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

So he knew that Flynn had commited the criminal offence of lying to the FBI (completely unannounced until yesterday), but asked Comey to drop proceedings against him?

Trump also tries to of course keep alive the idea that it was perfectly legal to tell Russia that sanctions imposed by the lawful government for interfering in the election would be reversed by Trump.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 03, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »

In Watergate intrepid reporters burrowed and dug for the truth.  In Trump's Watergate for morons, the villain simply tweets out that he was guilty:
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

So he knew that Flynn had commited the criminal offence of lying to the FBI (completely unannounced until yesterday), but asked Comey to drop proceedings against him?

Trump also tries to of course keep alive the idea that it was perfectly legal to tell Russia that sanctions imposed by the lawful government for interfering in the election would be reversed by Trump.

The Post is now reporting that the tweet was authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd, according to two people familiar with the situation. The fact that Dowd authored the tweet could limit its salience to the investigation, but the White House still hasn't publicly corrected anything.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 03, 2017, 09:15:37 AM »

The Post is now reporting that the tweet was authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd, according to two people familiar with the situation. The fact that Dowd authored the tweet could limit its salience to the investigation, but the White House still hasn't publicly corrected anything.

I saw that.  It must be close to zero chance that tweet was authored by a lawyer.  Nobody ever engaged a lawyer to just shoot from the hip in their public statements.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »

“it falls to reporters to describe in plain language what we see, and promotion of fascism and racism is all too easy to observe in the United States of 2017” brave from BBC's James Cook

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42197006

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 03, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »

I saw that.  It must be close to zero chance that tweet was authored by a lawyer.  Nobody ever engaged a lawyer to just shoot from the hip in their public statements.

Unless Trump offered Mr Dowd a retirement gift with a lot of zeroes

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 04, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »

Trump's been below 40% for over six months. Previous 9 elected polling-era presidents combined spent under two months below 40% during first *two* years.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 04, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »

NY Daily News Editorial Board:

“The President of the United States is profoundly unstable. He is mad. He is, by any honest layman’s definition, mentally unwell and viciously lashing out.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/donald-trump-madman-article-1.3665163

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »

Anyone not seen this? I always wonder if the genius who created it actually makes any money from his creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSuregWhlWk

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 07, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »

Trump officially declares Jerusalem the capital of Israel.

"In a competitive field, his most reckless foreign policy act yet."said one columnist

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:39 AM »

Deep anxiety across the Jerusalem divide over Trump's actions

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/06/trump-opens-dangerous-fracture-line-deeply-divided-jerusalem

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 07, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »

Everything you ever wanted to know about possible future President Mike Pence.

Trump rescued Pence from impending ooblivion "an embattled small-state governor with underwater approval ratings, dismal reelection prospects, and a national reputation in tatters", known mainly for his anti-gay legislation.

This piece has hit the headlines for sharing that Karen Pence finds Trump "totally vile", but there are several other more astonishing revelations in it, including that Pence contemplated taking over the candidacy in a coup just four weeks before the election and that Manafort engineered Pence into the VP slot by lying to Trump that there was a problem with his plane and he would have to stay over in Indiana.

Pence has the potential to be a much worse and more dangerous President than Trump. Trump is ignorant and incompetent and has no real world view of what he wants to achieve, other than some populist/nativist ideas he has picked up along the way. Pence is none of the above. He has a strong idea of how America should be structured, largely based on his religious views, which have coloured his legislative performance throughout his public life.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/01/gods-plan-for-mike-pence/546569/
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:54 PM »

Interesting 30 minute interview of Reagan in 1966. I was 18 when he first became president and so it was obv de rigeur for faux lefty yoof to just brand him a laughing stock actor-turned-pres.

Easy to yah boo his reactionary right wing views, along with Thatcher of course, without ever really listening to a word - certainly I did that anyway.

Before watching this, it would be easy to consider his career trajectory as similar to Trump - successful, a personality of sorts now turning to politics. Having watched this though, he is so many classes above Trump its painful to consider how Trump ever got so far. Whether you like his right wing perspective it's good to see someone so composed, speaking with conviction across a wide range of subjects. Decent mix of anecdotes and quotes amongst a pretty good grasp of the detail and quite serious and engaging all the way. Anyway, I enjoyed it and will watch more of his later interviews as a result

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00nw14n/people-to-watch-ronald-reagan

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 07, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »

Totally agree. I think that most of us seriously underestimated Reagan's abilities at the time and many have continued to do so ever since.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: December 08, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y0nQIHn3pE

Trump supporter finds out about ladders
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 10, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html

Trump's hour by hour battle for self-preservation

My eyes are open wide