blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:21:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664870 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: April 12, 2018, 09:05:35 AM »

Paul Ryan is stepping down because he has seen the writing on the wall,

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/north-america/2018/04/paul-ryan-stepping-down-because-he-has-seen-writing-wall

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: April 12, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »

Ryan is leaving because he is going to lose - not just the House but probably his own seat. Wisconsin was only +5% Republican last time and the blue wave is much larger than that. Better to go out on your terms than be kicked out by the electorate. It's kind of a shame for someone who has flown so high and could have gone even higher but that's politics. He has dissembled and lied and hidden his true beliefs for the last two years and continues to do so in his exit.

He also probably doesn't want to get caught up in a possible impeachment that would leave him with no good options. Supporting Trump would alienate a large proportion of the electorate. Not supporting him would alienate the hard-core Trump element of the party. Neither would be recoverable. He's better off getting out.

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/a-congressman-s-profanity-laced-tirade-in-a-safeway-grocery-store-SeHI2l5bIECGQn4gmnzGaw/?full=1

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 12, 2018, 12:27:07 PM »

An unnamed Republican Congressman, who apparently regularly defends Trump on TV, has unloaded his real feelings in dramatic fashion to Erick Erickson, a right-wing commentator and blogger (before Ryan's announcement):

"....he's taking us all down with him. We are well and truly f**ked in November. Kevin [McCarthy] is already circling like a green fly circling sh*t trying to take Paul's [Ryan] job because nobody thinks he's sticking around for Nancy [Pelosi]. She's going to f**k up the cafeteria again too. [Lord's name in vain], at least I'll probably lose too and won't have to put up with that sh*t. It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention....

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night...You know having Mike as President would really piss off all the right people, too. They think they hate Trump. Mike is competent. I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherf*cker would just go away. We're going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn't led. He wakes up in the morning, sh*ts all over Twitter, sh*ts all over us, sh*ts all over his staff, then hits golf balls. F*ck him. Of course, I can't say that in public or I'd get run out of town."

The point about the Primaries is illuminating. If GOP incumbents ditch Trump before their Primaries, they will be targeted. Once they have secured the nomination, they are free to act as they please. And if it's looking bad, and Trump is a liability, they may as well hit him before the election. From Trump's point of view, the late Summer and Autumn will be dangerous - better to shaft Mueller now.

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/a-congressman-s-profanity-laced-tirade-in-a-safeway-grocery-store-SeHI2l5bIECGQn4gmnzGaw/?full=1
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 13, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »

TIME’s new cover: Donald Trump relied on Michael Cohen to weather the storm. Now the President is on his own https://ti.me/2IO8llc

My eyes are open wide
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 23, 2018, 03:03:24 PM »

https://financialservices.house.gov/uploadedfiles/07072016_oi_tbtj_sr.pdf

TOO BIG TO JAIL:
INSIDE THE OBAMA JUSTICE DEPARTMENT’S DECISION
NOT TO HOLD WALL STREET ACCOUNTABLE

"But before DOJ could announce at the September 11th interagency call
whether its senior leaders had approved AFMLS’s recommendation to prosecute
HSBC, George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, the UK’s chief financial
minister, intervened in the HSBC matter by sending a letter to Federal Reserve
Chairman Ben Bernanke (with a copy transmitted to then-Treasury Secretary
Timothy Geithner) on September 10, 2012, to express the UK’s concerns regarding
U.S. enforcement actions against British banks.21 Chancellor Osborne insinuated
in his letter of September 10th that the U.S. was unfairly targeting UK banks by
seeking settlements that were significantly higher than “comparable” settlements
with U.S. banks.22 Moreover, the Chancellor’s letter warned Chairman Bernanke
and Secretary Geithner that prosecuting a “systemically important financial
institution” such as HSBC “could lead to [financial] contagion” and pose “very
serious implications for financial and economic stability, particularly in Europe and
Asia.”23 "

Too big to fail, too big to jail. Ridiculous.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 25, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

This picture looks like a promo for a bad Euro soap opera in which minted families don't get on.

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 27, 2018, 02:36:04 AM »

Absolute scenes Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 27, 2018, 02:38:55 AM »

Didn't realise it was this long Cheesy

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 27, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »

Absolute scenes Cheesy

Best yet I reckon :-). I do hope he watches these.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 27, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »

I hope he does Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 02, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »

Remember that medical report before the election that gave Trump a glowing bill of health in some very Trump-like language?

“His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary"

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.”

Click to see full-size image.

His then doctor has been frozen out since. Now he is saying, to no-one's surprise, that Trump dictated the letter.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385765-trumps-ex-doctor-says-trump-dictated-letter-claiming-he-would-be

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 03, 2018, 09:12:47 AM »

Donald has had a great idea. I want to join.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:28 PM »

Donald has had a great idea. I want to join.

Guy behind him struggling Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 04, 2018, 12:40:33 AM »

It's tough being Hillary Clinton. She has been killed four times in four days, first while filming a documentary, then in a raid by the FBI, next in a monster truck mishap and finally on a hunting expedition. The hunting one has been declared a hoax, but I haven't come across any denials of the first three, so presumably they are true.

https://dailyworldupdate.us/2018/04/30/breaking-hillary-clinton-killed-filming-a-documentary-in-missouri/

https://dailyworldupdate.us/2018/04/30/breaking-hillary-clinton-killed-during-fbi-raid/

https://dailyworldupdate.us/2018/05/01/breaking-hillary-clinton-killed-in-monster-truck-mishap/

https://www.business2community.com/us-news/hillary-clinton-killed-during-a-hunting-expedition-with-washington-elites-is-fake-news-02057556

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 04, 2018, 09:34:43 PM »

Did Donald retweet any of them?

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: