blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:19:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 670059 times)
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2700 on: July 16, 2018, 08:07:01 PM »

highlighting how assinine the protests are and how pathetic the people taking part are making themselves look is not the same as defending trump

["we shall over comb" was lovely though]
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: July 16, 2018, 08:10:17 PM »

Some of the protest placards beamed these messages around the world

I’m missing Wimbledon for this you tangerine wank maggot

Fuck off you bell-end

Not even your wife likes you

White House Wanker!

We shall over-comb

Weasle-headed fuck nugget

Ludicrous tangerine ball-bag

Witless cock-splat

Ridiculous toupee fuck-trumpet

Your suits are shit you cock-womble

Why do you keep coming on here to defend him?  It isn't just the odd post, it is multiple posts a day.  I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but he has been shown to be a wrong un on multiple levels already. 

FWIW We didn't write the placards or fly the balloon, it was other people.

Is everyone supposed to hate him or something? I don’t see why they have to just because the liberal whiners think they should. If nearly half of voters in the US think he’s ok enough to vote for him why would you expect different on here?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2702 on: July 16, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »

liberal whiners

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: July 16, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »

Fuck off you bell-end

White House Wanker!

We shall over-comb

Witless cock-splat

Why do you keep coming on here to defend him?  It isn't just the odd post, it is multiple posts a day.  I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but he has been shown to be a wrong un on multiple levels already. 

Is everyone supposed to hate him or something? I don’t see why they have to just because the liberal whiners think they should. If nearly half of voters in the US think he’s ok enough to vote for him why would you expect different on here?

I didn't say you should hate him because the liberal whiners think they should.  You were the only one who has ever said that. Hope this helps.

Why would you expect his 42% USA approval rating would apply here, the posters here are mostly from the UK.

I get a bit embarassed when I realise that 10 years ago I defended someone who turned out to be a right *****.   Seems the chance of future embarassment is pretty high here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 16, 2018, 08:20:10 PM »

tbf, we shall over comb is pretty good.

The protests and the placards didn't bother me per se. I hope we wouldn't ever stop that but the coarseness stoops too low imo..it's not funny, witty, satirical and it wouldn't have been tolerated for say the Saudi crown prince. Pretty confident a sign saying 'you cloth-headed, palace dwelling shithouse' might have been interpreted much more broadly as inciting hatred.  

Also, thought the blimp thing came too close to a formal sanction for my personal preference

One of the worst aspects of the modern left is the propensity to shout people down and try to starve them of a platform. My preference is to let them speak - for example, the more Trump speaks for himself, especially on a global stage, the more he reveals himself.

His hectoring of NATO (whether he has the kernel of a point or not), his berating Germany for securing gas supplies, his speech at chequers all diminish him. His throwing of his security services under a bus today with Pootin and appearing to side with Russia ahead of his security apparatus will diminish him with many Americans who, hitherto, bought into his America first rhetoric.

If I was a centre right American, who voted Trump I might be having second thoughts when I see some of what he says worldwide - the insults and disrespect in the protests to Trump, and by extension to all US people, is likely to bring that same person back behind Trump.

sola virtus nobilitat
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: July 16, 2018, 08:37:08 PM »

One of the worst aspects of the modern left is the propensity to shout people down and try to starve them of a platform. My preference is to let them speak - for example, the more Trump speaks for himself, especially on a global stage, the more he reveals himself.

yes, this is the single biggest problem with the liberal left. when i was involved in the movement i was constantly arguing for people like nick griffin to be given a platform and to participate in debates with anyone who was willing to engage in a civil manner.

now they no platform anyone with differing views, and worse still demonise people who don't follow their narrow world view exactly.

they want to shut down debate. so many topics are taboo and they are willing to wreck reputations and careers in order to stop convesations from even happening.

it really is a pitiful state they have got themselves into.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: July 16, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »

You may not like Nigel Evans, and there are many reasons for not liking him to choose from, but what he has to say here should, at the very least, give pause for thought.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Hi Pokerpops,

Not sure why that link never worked, but I've had a fiddle with it & the link below does the job.

http://www.facebook.com/surenews/videos/1714906455190606

PS - welcome to blonde. Long-time lurker, or just happened on us by chance? Either way, welcome aboard.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:50:21 AM by tikay » Logged

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: July 16, 2018, 08:53:13 PM »

Fuck off you bell-end

White House Wanker!

We shall over-comb

Witless cock-splat

I didn't say you should hate him because the liberal whiners think they should.  You were the only one who has ever said that. Hope this helps.

Why would you expect his 42% USA approval rating would apply here, the posters here are mostly from the UK.

I get a bit embarassed when I realise that 10 years ago I defended someone who turned out to be a right *****.   Seems the chance of future embarassment is pretty high here.

The fact you query why Mantis sometimes defends Trump, whilst not blatantly saying it suggests otherwise.

I have no reason to believe to why his rating would hugely differ her, I hear both sides of the argument.

Who knows who’s views will be seen as ‘Being a right c**t’ in 10 years time, god forbid it might well be yours......

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: July 16, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »

yes, this is the single biggest problem with the liberal left. when i was involved in the movement i was constantly arguing for people like nick griffin to be given a platform and to participate in debates with anyone who was willing to engage in a civil manner.

now they no platform anyone with differing views, and worse still demonise people who don't follow their narrow world view exactly.

they want to shut down debate. so many topics are taboo and they are willing to wreck reputations and careers in order to stop convesations from even happening.

Yup, they are largely big babies who can’t deal with views that differ from their own.....
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: July 16, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »

Yup, they are largely big babies who can’t deal with views that differ from their own.....

Surprised you've never mentioned it   Grin

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: July 16, 2018, 09:11:44 PM »

Surprised you've never mentioned it   Grin

They need regular reminders that they are.....  idiot
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: July 16, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »

Fuck off you bell-end

White House Wanker!

We shall over-comb

Witless cock-splat

What exactly about my post is a defence of Trump?

I viewed the recent royal wedding with such pride as an advertisement for this country. Windsor looked spectacular, British people all waving union jacks in the sunshine. I thought we must've looked amazing to Americans, to everyone around the world, a place folk would really like the look of, a positive vibe, a place they would want to come to and spend their money.

By contrast a mob holding up placards screaming such things as 'Fuck off back to America you wanker' shows us to be hostile, negative, offensive, not a place you want to visit.

At a time when 'doing business' is really a high priority for our country I can't imagine what we're thinking, how embarrassing, how selfish, how self-defeating. I couldn't give a fig about Trump and think those remarks are well funny but he is the president of the USA and I do want to have good relations with the no.1 power in the world. And I do want to put our best foot forward when the world is watching. I mean I saw toddlers holding placards saying "I hate Trump", nice one.

Incidentally I would encourage people to post multiple times on Blonde whatever their view, whatever the subject.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2712 on: July 17, 2018, 09:56:26 AM »

wait I thought that list was a list of good placards   

We shall over comb is brilliant.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: July 17, 2018, 10:25:05 AM »

Pretty incredible to see him kowtow to Putin like that today.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: July 17, 2018, 11:50:57 AM »

Here's a working version of the link that Pokerpops posted;

http://www.facebook.com/surenews/videos/1714906455190606

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: