blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 12:21:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668209 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: November 09, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »

Way he talks to people, lol.

It is, but it seems the only way.

If you listen, they ask him a question and seconds into his answer they start talking again. Let the man finish and he will hang himself.

Think it's a vicious circle, to be fair.

He rarely lets people finish their questions, often goes off on tangents.

They are too eager to fire them off at him, and it just continues in that fashion.

Frustrating, and amusing Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: November 11, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »

what a tosser

Trump cancels WW1 memorial at U.S. cemetery in France due to rain https://reut.rs/2QwYh4f

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2942 on: November 11, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »

Arsehole

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: November 11, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »

The Donald Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: November 11, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »

The Donald Cheesy

Funny that :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: November 11, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »

I’m well up for more ‘listen up mfkers’ in politics, come on Theresa May please say that once in the negotiations with the EU! 
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: November 11, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »

I’m well up for more ‘listen up mfkers’ in politics, come on Theresa May please say that once in the negotiations with the EU! 

It’s hard to see how you weave “listen up mfkers” in to a conversation where you are desperate and begging.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: November 11, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »

It’s hard to see how you weave “listen up mfkers” in to a conversation where you are desperate and begging.

Well DT is president isn’t he?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: November 12, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: November 12, 2018, 11:28:34 AM »

Hey MT. I'd be really interested in yr opinion on the likelihood of Trump winning again in 2020. I don't know the US system well enough to understand if any threat is as likely to come from the GOP as much as from the Dems. Anyway you can get 66/1 on Eminem so I might go for that as an outsider

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: November 12, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »

this wins

https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/1061470108944490497

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: November 14, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »

saw this and liked it

on Trump and press conferences, ridiculing reporters etc etc

"The Trump presidency is easier to tolerate if you view it as a Greek tragedy: A petty and dishonest man lured by vanity into his own personal hell; a job beyond his ability where his greatest fears - scrutiny and ridicule of his inadequacies -  play on a loop worldwide every day."

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: November 20, 2018, 03:06:12 AM »

Weird Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: November 20, 2018, 08:23:59 AM »

This is very odd.  How can you be ignorant of the email rules when Donald Trump spent most of the campaign focusing on how Hilary Clinton broke them?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46271021

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: November 20, 2018, 06:20:59 PM »

Hey MT. I'd be really interested in yr opinion on the likelihood of Trump winning again in 2020. I don't know the US system well enough to understand if any threat is as likely to come from the GOP as much as from the Dems. Anyway you can get 66/1 on Eminem so I might go for that as an outsider

I would say he is a slight favourite against the field. His re-election fund has already raised over $100m, which gives him a big advantage, and voters seriously favour incumbents anyway.

His own party is a threat - not so much that they made topple him (though they could), but that they could weaken him so much that he loses the General Election as a result. There have been three proper attempts to dislodge the sitting President from within his party in recent times. Ronald Reagan challenged Ford in 1976, Ted Kennedy stood against Carter in 1980 and Pat Buchanan took on Bush 41 in 1992. Buchanan didn't get close, but Reagan and Kennedy took their challenges all the way to the Convention, and Reagan only lost by a whisker. Although they held off their internal challengers, all three Presidents went on to be beaten in the General Election.

It's not impossible to dislodge a President from within. Johnson withdrew from the race in 1968 cos he could see that it wasn't going his way and Reagan probably would have beaten Ford if it wasn't for a tactical error at the Convention. After the result, he gave a masterful speech that resulted in many delegates concluding they had voted for the wrong candidate.

Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, Mike Pence and Paul Ryan have all said they won't challenge Trump. They would probably all lose to him anyway. Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse and Bob Corker want to have a go, but it's hard to see them doing well. One Republican who I think could beat him is Nikki Haley, but she has also said she's not going for it. So that really only leaves one person who has a chance of being successful and wants to run - John Kasich. He put up a good showing last time and is still hugely popular and respected in his State, the Party and the nation. If Trump struggles against Kasich, it could signal the end of the road even if he wins.

All this is assuming he runs. House Committees will be Democrat-dominated from now on, and they could start investigations into all sorts, including Trump's personal finances, so his position might be much weaker by 2020. There is also speculation that he may decide he has achieved most of what he set out to do, or that it's just not worth continuing to put himself and the family through it all for years to come.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: