blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668950 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: June 03, 2020, 10:14:01 AM »

Words were very good but I lost interest within 5 minutes.

I guess they just need a safe option, & he ticks that box.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 03, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »

Despite everything that's been going on, the Congressional Primaries are still approaching fast.

I'm supporting Mindy Robinson, who is standing in Nevada next week. She is an ardent Trump supporter, but there is something about her that I can't put my finger on.

Haha, that gave me a good laugh

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: June 03, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »

That was good, and nice to see him manage 20 minutes without dropping a clanger.

As you say, Obama was a supreme orator, and would have slammed it into space.

Get Michelle on the ticket and they're off?

Biden/Mrs O sounds pretty strong. How about if Michelle stood as candidate against Trump would she win?

She's the Democrats' dream candidate, but she has made it clear many times that she's not interested.

A Clinton dynasty is still more likely. It seems hard to believe, but Chelsea Clinton is 40 now, with a helluva CV under her belt, and has said several times that she may run for office in the future. Unlike Michelle, who could drop straight in as Presidential candidate, Chelsea would have to work her way up, maybe starting on the ground floor as a Congresswoman for a few years. One of the New York Congresswomen is retiring this year, but Chelsea has ruled out standing for anything in 2020, to the disappointment of many, and the relief of the other candidates.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 03, 2020, 02:43:02 PM »

When your next-door neighbour has gone crazy but you don't want to criticise because you need to keep on good terms, while you also don't want to say you agree with what he has done.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3829 on: June 03, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »

Looks like Justin Trudeau has found himself a new style inspiration.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: June 04, 2020, 01:16:51 AM »

Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: June 04, 2020, 02:13:26 AM »

This was a good watch, earlier. He's a conservative, and she's a progressive. They have >500k subs on YouTube.

Had never heard of them, but have subbed to their channel and going to follow their work.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: June 04, 2020, 04:19:32 AM »

I'm not sure how to respond to the photo, so probably best just to move on.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: June 04, 2020, 04:54:46 AM »

This was a good watch, earlier. He's a conservative, and she's a progressive. They have >500k subs on YouTube.

Had never heard of them, but have subbed to their channel and going to follow their work.

Krystal Ball (really) and Saagar Enjeti. They've been going for about a year and I watch them all the time. There have been right-left combo presenters before, but they've tended to be in tune with their party cores, whereas these two are a bit more to the edge, him on the populist side of the Republicans and her on the very progressive side of the Dems. They rarely show disagreements, mainly focusing on laying into their common enemies, ie the leadership and moderates of both parties. In fact, their show today was the first time I've seen them disagreeing seriously and putting the arguments for their side. Biden, Clinton, McConnell, Pelosi, Kamala, Klobuchar, Abrams etc get taken apart all the time, while they cheer on Bernie, Tulsi, Yang, the Squad, Nina Turner and Republican populists. They also stick it to CNN, MSNBC etc as much as possible.

He is in with the current leadership of his party, ie I have seen photos of him in the Oval Office with Trump, but she is virtually persona non grata with Dems now, despite standing for Congress for them about 10 years ago. They talk a lot about the influence of corporate donors and suchlike. I get a bit tired of their one-eyedness, but I learn a lot from them, and they are easy to follow. Just going on Rogan shows their alternative approach, given how most of the political world has tagged him as mildly racist and steers clear.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: June 04, 2020, 03:06:26 PM »

Yeah, the podcast was very easy to listen to, which is definitely not the case with plenty of his guests. I did look a bit on Wiki, and there wasn't much for him, but a fair bit on her.

Rogan being tagged as racist is funny. Couldn't be further from it, imo. I know he's tagged as transphobic over some MMA related comments made back along.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: June 04, 2020, 05:30:23 PM »

From very easy to listen to, to the opposite end of the spectrum Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 04, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »

I haven't heard Rogan much (have tried a few times but tbh I always got a bit bored and canned it), so I've only got partial knowledge of him, but he has a reputation. I didn't get around to posting about it, but Bernie got a lot of criticism for accepting Rogan's endorsement, because of how Rogan is seen. He knew he would, but Rogan has a lot of followers. For me, the endorsement kinda works the other way round - maybe Rogan isn't prejudiced if Bernie is willing to be associated with him.

Just picked these couple at random - there are lots more:
https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-joe-rogan-endorsement-offensive-comments-2020-1?r=US&IR=T
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dawnstaceyennis/2020/01/26/joe-rogans-endorsement-the-stain-on-bernie-sanders-that-some-voters-think-makes-him-more-attractive/#36baf49638d1

https://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-president-on-joe-rogan-endorsement-and-sanders-campaign-response

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: June 04, 2020, 06:44:52 PM »

They hammered him about transphobia, after he was saying Fallon Fox shouldn't be fighting women, I think it was.

That was years ago, and I vaguely recall reading some of her opponents saying they'd never felt anyone as strong in all their fighting experience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

He's a comedian first and foremost, though most famous nowadays for the podcast.

A given he's going to say things that are controversial, but not surprising to see things he has said twisted in a way to make him look as bad as possible.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: June 04, 2020, 07:11:18 PM »

I've listened to a fair bit of Rogan and he's not that opinionated which is why I like his pods.

From the views I have heard him express I'd liken him to something like a traditional labour supporter from the North, rather than from Islington. Obviously a massive generalisation but something like he is. Like Marky says, would definitely fall foul of a lot of the left based on views around transwomen competing against women which he's pretty scornful of.

Only real political views I've heard him express (or recall him expressing) recently are a quite strident view on Biden's unfitness for office (based on a perception of some mental frailty) and support for Bernie's perspective on UBI in particular.

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: June 05, 2020, 03:12:10 AM »

We need more Rudy on here. He's completely bonkers these days, so different from when he was Mayor and on top of the important issues of the time:

He was expecting to get a big job in the Administration after the rousing speech he gave at the 2016 Convention (despite not being able to tell the difference between top and bottom), but Donald left him out. He gave him the consolation prize of becoming his personal lawyer (ie not a government employee), which Trump has probably been regretting ever since.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: