blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:54:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tampa Nights
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tampa Nights  (Read 20222 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2015, 11:59:22 PM »

Clearwater Beach.. notice the clouds.. just not good enough !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2015, 01:03:13 AM »

Great reportage Mr Silly.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2015, 03:00:49 PM »

Excellent trip report. Thank you for sharing.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bromley04

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:58 PM »

Superb reports.  Loved reading them.  Thank you.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »

I thought this was an excellent contribution It has over 1400 views. It's obvious that everyone enjoyed it and yet there are only 3 'thank you' or ' well done' type posts at the end.

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »

Bugger.

Now I can't say "thank you".

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »

Excellent read, thank you for sharing.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »

I thought this was an excellent contribution It has over 1400 views. It's obvious that everyone enjoyed it and yet there are only 3 'thank you' or ' well done' type posts at the end.

Think the point you are trying to make is 3 people liked it, 1397 didn't Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »

Think the point you are trying to make is 3 people liked it, 1397 didn't Smiley

Grin

Just finished the last updates, and have seen those 'monkey' loons in action before, it's com.

Good stuff, thanks for the updates.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 01:26:07 AM »

Excellent reportage, Sicilian. Impressive efforts on the felt and on blackjack pits. Tampa's now on the radar.

Travel Tips Heads Up - eventually BA will catch on to your airport upgrade strategy, and at check-in they will say something like "Sorry Mr Sicilian, but there are no upgrades available on this flight". Then, when you eventually get on board, you'll spot half a dozen empty seats in Club/Premium Economy. You only get a few bites at the discount fare cherry, so enjoy it while it lasts Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »

Ha cant believe i hadnt read this before. Great stuff , esp Mrs Wong bit i lolled .

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2016, 04:42:37 AM »

As an aside just a quick TR of the trip out.. couple pointers included for people who may be a bit naive when it comes to visiting the states..

Flew BA, bizarely for the first time ever out of gatwick..used the tube and gatwick shuttle for the 2nd time this year and must say its a very efficent service ..door to door from hertfordshire in 90 mins...

I always book economy and upgrade at the airport..its a much cheaper way of doing it and ive never not upgraded even on a packed summer flight to Vegas..

BA seem to operate a 4 class system on the new 777-300 ..econ..prem econ..business and first... business has lay down beds and everything... so i thought i fancy that as it was nearly 10 hours to Tampa..

Weirdly i could not upgrade 2 classes.... perhaps because i was resplendant  in shorts and an Under Armour training top on a rainy London December day... maybe they thought i was insane and business class was no place for me.

So had to settle for Prem Economy..which was fine..seats had deece room and comfy.

For a day flight didnt feel there was too much attending by the BA staff.. and our dinner things were left uncleared for quite some time..tut tut BA.

Landed in Tampa about 7pm.. had pre-booked a little run around for while im here.. ok now some tips on renting cars in america and prob in general..

First off..they will try to sell you a shit load of stuff you dont need.. do not buy as follows:

pre-paid toll ... this is a rip off.. you would have to do some serious touring around to even come close to 10 dollars a day toll charges and they will come out with guff about some dont take cash and they will charge you 15 dollars for a 70 cent toll if you just go through a camera toll.. dont pay for it its nonsense

dont be coherced into a rental upgrade.. i booked a little ford focus..guy behind the desk looked at my big boy samsonite i brought on this trip and claimed i wouldnt get it in the car..he said my actual car was a KIA.. first run bad of trip.. i said id be ok and shove it in the back seat..

Got to my little KIA and the boot swallowed the case whole with room to spare... As to the car..just ugh..little red KIA..tears...

8pm in Tampa ..traffic is horrendous.. im booked into the Sheraton and manage to negotiate both the heavy traffic and the multitude of drivers freshly released from the Stig Insane Asylum ..

Room is pretty nice..had worse..had better..bed is fantastic though.. think my suitcase  is big enough to get it home.

Im ..ahem..not the tallest in the world but my room does seem to be fitted out for the jolly green giant.. i kid you not i have to stand on tip toe to see out of the spy hole and the safe is on the top shelf of the wardrobe ..ffs im gonna need a chair to see inside it Sad

Well Jeff picking me up soon for the pilcrimage to see the King..hopefully couple pics and tales how me and Le Bron James are now email buddies.. or restraining order buddies..could go either way Smiley

Hey Dean
Just wanted to post that toll advice was much appreciated.
I just came back from Florida (never been before and Son now the right age) and only saw 2 tolls on my way from airport. One was $1.50 and the other was 75cents. (not sure you can avoid the tolls when leaving the airport) Never saw another toll in the 10 days I was there.
Guy at airport was coming up with all sorts of rubbish, just told him I had driven in States loads of times before

Same for car. I ended with a Nissan Sentra and got 4 large suitcases in the boot easily
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »

As an aside just a quick TR of the trip out.. couple pointers included for people who may be a bit naive when it comes to visiting the states..

Flew BA, bizarely for the first time ever out of gatwick..used the tube and gatwick shuttle for the 2nd time this year and must say its a very efficent service ..door to door from hertfordshire in 90 mins...

I always book economy and upgrade at the airport..its a much cheaper way of doing it and ive never not upgraded even on a packed summer flight to Vegas..

BA seem to operate a 4 class system on the new 777-300 ..econ..prem econ..business and first... business has lay down beds and everything... so i thought i fancy that as it was nearly 10 hours to Tampa..

Weirdly i could not upgrade 2 classes.... perhaps because i was resplendant  in shorts and an Under Armour training top on a rainy London December day... maybe they thought i was insane and business class was no place for me.

So had to settle for Prem Economy..which was fine..seats had deece room and comfy.

For a day flight didnt feel there was too much attending by the BA staff.. and our dinner things were left uncleared for quite some time..tut tut BA.

Landed in Tampa about 7pm.. had pre-booked a little run around for while im here.. ok now some tips on renting cars in america and prob in general..

First off..they will try to sell you a shit load of stuff you dont need.. do not buy as follows:

pre-paid toll ... this is a rip off.. you would have to do some serious touring around to even come close to 10 dollars a day toll charges and they will come out with guff about some dont take cash and they will charge you 15 dollars for a 70 cent toll if you just go through a camera toll.. dont pay for it its nonsense

dont be coherced into a rental upgrade.. i booked a little ford focus..guy behind the desk looked at my big boy samsonite i brought on this trip and claimed i wouldnt get it in the car..he said my actual car was a KIA.. first run bad of trip.. i said id be ok and shove it in the back seat..

Got to my little KIA and the boot swallowed the case whole with room to spare... As to the car..just ugh..little red KIA..tears...

8pm in Tampa ..traffic is horrendous.. im booked into the Sheraton and manage to negotiate both the heavy traffic and the multitude of drivers freshly released from the Stig Insane Asylum ..

Room is pretty nice..had worse..had better..bed is fantastic though.. think my suitcase  is big enough to get it home.

Im ..ahem..not the tallest in the world but my room does seem to be fitted out for the jolly green giant.. i kid you not i have to stand on tip toe to see out of the spy hole and the safe is on the top shelf of the wardrobe ..ffs im gonna need a chair to see inside it Sad

Well Jeff picking me up soon for the pilcrimage to see the King..hopefully couple pics and tales how me and Le Bron James are now email buddies.. or restraining order buddies..could go either way Smiley

Hey Dean
Just wanted to post that toll advice was much appreciated.
I just came back from Florida (never been before and Son now the right age) and only saw 2 tolls on my way from airport. One was $1.50 and the other was 75cents. (not sure you can avoid the tolls when leaving the airport) Never saw another toll in the 10 days I was there.
Guy at airport was coming up with all sorts of rubbish, just told him I had driven in States loads of times before

Same for car. I ended with a Nissan Sentra and got 4 large suitcases in the boot easily

Glad to be of help..... bit naughty of them but to be expected obv on some sort of commission ...

Off to Vegas and LA taking in Santa Monica & Malibu in a few weeks... road trip so more exciting road tolls stories to follow Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: