blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 209956 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 13, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »

Might just be the greatest wiki page, ever Cheesy

Also in the sixties, he tried his hand at acting with a cameo role in the film "2001, a Space Odyssey", where he played one of the apes surrounding the black obelisk at the start of the film. Appalled by the violence in the later "enlightened ape" scene, he stormed off the set, ending his acting career.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: May 03, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »

"To create a beloved character with warmth and humor is a testament to any actor’s spirit. To do it under a half ton of yak hair takes a true legend"

RIP Peter Mayhew.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 09, 2019, 11:35:54 PM »

Freddie Starr.

https://news.sky.com/story/freddie-starr-found-dead-at-spanish-home-reports-11715784

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2019, 09:04:50 AM »

A (very funny) man of his time.  R.I.P Freddie, thanks for the laughs.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2019, 07:32:08 PM »

He owned Minnehoma 94 national winner.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: May 13, 2019, 03:14:12 PM »

I thought she was great.

RIP

BBC News - Doris Day, Hollywood actress and singer, dies aged 97
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48257670

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 13, 2019, 03:15:30 PM »

Ahh, bless.

She was perfectly lovely. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »

My very earliest musical memories involve playing 78rpm records of Doris Day.
I can still recall many of the words to Whip Crackaway (The deadwood stage is coming n over them hills) and The Windy City ( it’s mighty pretty, but it ain’t got what we got), and of course Que Sera.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: May 13, 2019, 04:50:13 PM »

I can still recall many of the words to Whip Crackaway (The deadwood stage is coming n over them hills) and The Windy City ( it’s mighty pretty, but it ain’t got what we got), and of course Que Sera.

Well your secret love's no secret any more.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 13, 2019, 05:06:23 PM »

I always associated "Secret Love" with Kathy Kirby.

Memory jogged, I looked up Kathy Kirby on wiki, I could not even remember if she was still alive.  (She died 8 years ago this Sunday apparently).

Wish I had not now, found all this rather sad....

Following her bankruptcy in 1975 and a court case following an arrest over an unpaid hotel bill, she was referred to St Luke's psychiatric hospital in London in 1979. Following her discharge, she lived witha female fan, Laraine McKay, and said that they intended to marry. McKay was imprisoned for fraud and forgery.In the early 1980s Kirby had relationships with musician David Cross and lawyer Alan Porter.

Kirby was diagnosed with schizophrenia and was in poor physical and mental health for much of her life. After her retirement she lived in a series of apartments and hotels in west London, settling in an apartment in Emperor's Gate, South Kensington, surviving on state benefits and some royalties, and maintaining what has been called a "Garbo-esque" seclusion. Shortly before her death Kirby moved to Brinsworth House in Twickenham at the insistence of her niece Sarah, Lady Thatcher, wife of Mark Thatcher. Another niece, Claudia, became Lady Rothermere after marrying Viscount Rothermere.[27]

Kirby died on 19 May 2011, a few days after moving to Brinsworth House. According to a message posted by a relative on a fan website, she suffered a heart attack. She was survived by her sister Pat and her brother Douglas

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: May 13, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

Memory jogged, I looked up Kathy Kirby on wiki, I could not even remember if she was still alive.  (She died 8 years ago this Sunday apparently).

Following her bankruptcy in 1975 and a court case following an arrest over an unpaid hotel bill, she was referred to St Luke's psychiatric hospital in London in 1979. Following her discharge, she lived witha female fan, Laraine McKay, and said that they intended to marry. McKay was imprisoned for fraud and forgery.In the early 1980s Kirby had relationships with musician David Cross and lawyer Alan Porter.

Kirby was diagnosed with schizophrenia and was in poor physical and mental health for much of her life. After her retirement she lived in a series of apartments and hotels in west London, settling in an apartment in Emperor's Gate, South Kensington, surviving on state benefits and some royalties, and maintaining what has been called a "Garbo-esque" seclusion. Shortly before her death Kirby moved to Brinsworth House in Twickenham at the insistence of her niece Sarah, Lady Thatcher, wife of Mark Thatcher. Another niece, Claudia, became Lady Rothermere after marrying Viscount Rothermere.[27]

Kirby died on 19 May 2011, a few days after moving to Brinsworth House. According to a message posted by a relative on a fan website, she suffered a heart attack. She was survived by her sister Pat and her brother Douglas

Remember her on Stars and Garters? 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 13, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »

Remember her on Stars and Garters? 

Nope, never heard of it, but Wiki tells me that alongside Kathy Kirby was Vince Hill.

Ooh, big stars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars_and_Garters

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 13, 2019, 06:01:57 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 13, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »

Tom, will we get in trouble for having bants on the Dead Thread? Don't wish to offend anyone, feels a bit like dancing in the local cemetery or Crem.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: May 13, 2019, 06:11:24 PM »

I don't know but in general I think dead people enjoy folks sharing memories of them.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: