blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 210672 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: October 31, 2020, 01:07:00 PM »

My favourite Bond , R.I.P Sean.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: October 31, 2020, 07:31:09 PM »

I read all the Bond Books when I was a kid, and in the movies Sean Connery was 'My' Bond.

Somewhere in my teens, I underwent a startling metamorphosis and became Attercliffe’s answer to James Bond. The Bri Nylon of my work shirt became Sea Island cotton, and the shilling mix from the local chippy was now lobster thermadore. I tended to narrow my eyes a lot during that period, and I often allowed the suspicion of a cruel smile to briefly wrinkle the small white scar on my tanned cheek.
Mentally transforming my battered ex gas board Transit van into an Aston Martin was a bit of a stretch, even for my hyperactive imagination, but the sight of my unstable passenger seat tipping my even more unstable girlfriend into the rear of the van every time I attempted to wheel spin away from the traffic lights did much to reinforce the impression of an ejector mechanism.

RIP Mr Bond.

The older I get, the better I was.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 01, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »

I read all the Bond Books when I was a kid, and in the movies Sean Connery was 'My' Bond.

Somewhere in my teens, I underwent a startling metamorphosis and became Attercliffe’s answer to James Bond. The Bri Nylon of my work shirt became Sea Island cotton, and the shilling mix from the local chippy was now lobster thermadore. I tended to narrow my eyes a lot during that period, and I often allowed the suspicion of a cruel smile to briefly wrinkle the small white scar on my tanned cheek.
Mentally transforming my battered ex gas board Transit van into an Aston Martin was a bit of a stretch, even for my hyperactive imagination, but the sight of my unstable passenger seat tipping my even more unstable girlfriend into the rear of the van every time I attempted to wheel spin away from the traffic lights did much to reinforce the impression of an ejector mechanism.

RIP Mr Bond.

Your post about Attercliffe made me think of going to Attercliffe Baths every Saturday morning at 6.30am in the mid Seventies.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: November 01, 2020, 08:59:09 PM »

RIP Mr Bond.

Your post about Attercliffe made me think of going to Attercliffe Baths every Saturday morning at 6.30am in the mid Seventies.

We used to go to Attercliffe slipper baths for a 'proper' wash once a month whether we needed it or not.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 01, 2020, 11:03:09 PM »

Fabulous tribute to Sean Connery on the Beeb last night. Well worth the watch on iPlayer if you loved his Bond - and all the subsequent work that followed. A true post-Hollywood film icon. RIP Sean.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: November 02, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »

RIP Nobby Stiles.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 03, 2020, 01:55:54 PM »

John sessions Sad

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 06, 2020, 03:45:26 PM »

Geoffrey Palmer Sad

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: November 06, 2020, 04:41:43 PM »

Geoffrey Palmer Sad

Legend.

RIP.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 06, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »

Geoffrey Palmer Sad

Brilliant actor. Especially loved him in Butterflies. RIP.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2020, 03:25:39 PM »

Ditto

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 15, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »

Des O'Connor

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: November 15, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »

Des O'Connor

Not many old school entertainers left now. Des was up there with the best of them. R.I.P

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 15, 2020, 04:17:06 PM »

Ray Clemence Sad

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: November 16, 2020, 08:41:13 AM »

Ray Clemence Sad

Legend.  R.I.P Clem.

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: