blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Sam in hot water?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Sam in hot water?  (Read 11699 times)
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »

As I said three months ago before that buffoon was appointed...

Give the job to Wenger.

Best thing for English football imo.
Not sure there is an sensible alternative candidate to be honest.
He won't get it though.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »

This is not a decision that was taken lightly but The FA's priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football. The manager of the England men's senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »

What do people think of these 'Sting' operations?

Is it fair to tempt or coerce someone who might otherwise never do anything wrong?

What happens if the Stingee behaves impeccably?

I've always thought it was slack methodology and the results they produce are proper flaky. Remember when Lawrence Dallaglio was sensationally caught admitting to quaffing coke on a regular basis? Turned out he was just trying to impress people, play the big man. Perfectly normal human frailty. What about those wives who set a honey trap to find out if their husband cheat? Well if a fella has a few drinks in a bar and is approached by a super sexy woman who lavishes attention on him it's normal human frailty to play along with the flattery. But what about if he falls into the hotel room with this woman and before anything happens he says you know what, I love my wife, I can't go through with this. The guy doesn't get that chance, he's bang to rights guilty before it gets to that stage.

Moving onto big Sam, the facts are he didn't receive any monies and he insisted anything agreed would need FA approval. So what is he guilty of? Calling Gary Neville a plonker, errr agreed. And calling Roy Woy, errr so does everyone. He is guilty of having a few beers and playing the big man, normal human frailty. I do agree he has been very dumb because how many times are people going to meet fake sheiks with grand ideas before they start smelling a rat? But ultimately the media lay the sting and then report the results any way they choose which doesn't seem like cricket to me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »

Wenger backed from 20s into 8's this morning for the permanent gig after Southgate's 4 match interregnum (we hope)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »

Is it fair to tempt or coerce someone who might otherwise never do anything wrong?

I've always thought it was slack methodology and the results they produce are proper flaky. Remember when Lawrence Dallaglio was sensationally caught admitting to quaffing coke on a regular basis? Turned out he was just trying to impress people, play the big man. Perfectly normal human frailty. What about those wives who set a honey trap to find out if their husband cheat? Well if a fella has a few drinks in a bar and is approached by a super sexy woman who lavishes attention on him it's normal human frailty to play along with the flattery. But what about if he falls into the hotel room with this woman and before anything happens he says you know what, I love my wife, I can't go through with this. The guy doesn't get that chance, he's bang to rights guilty before it gets to that stage.

Moving onto big Sam, the facts are he didn't receive any monies and he insisted anything agreed would need FA approval. So what is he guilty of? Calling Gary Neville a plonker, errr agreed. And calling Roy Woy, errr so does everyone. He is guilty of having a few beers and playing the big man, normal human frailty. I do agree he has been very dumb because how many times are people going to meet fake sheiks with grand ideas before they start smelling a rat? But ultimately the media lay the sting and then report the results any way they choose which doesn't seem like cricket to me.

The FA man said he said things that were inappropriate for a man in his position, which is clearly true.

Whole thing feels a bit wrong though.  It is 4 hours condensed into not very long.  And in the video, you can hear Allardyce saying you can't do that.  If he then goes on to say you can employ an agent and get fees that way.  That isn't breaking the rules and is getting round the rules.  He also said that this would have to be agreed with his employers.  So even in the edited highlights, he is advising them not to do the thing that breaks the rules.  Not very sure he is greedy either, some random offers me 40% of my earnings to go to Asia 4 times a year and do a speech, pretty sure I'd go along and meet them.   

Meh.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »

Yah the 'greed' conclusion tastes funny to me. He has been snap found guilty of what we perceive to be a deadly sin, so it smells rotten to the general public. But how has that conclusion been proved? I'm more inclined to think he is intoxicated by the feeling of importance his position brings. A very human frailty. When he first sat in his office chair at the England manager's desk he probably span around a couple of times squealing wiiiiiiiiiii as well. Offering advice about getting round the rules is normal, eg every tax accountant provides that service as standard.

I think the media are so powerful in influencing our thought process. I'm the type of guy that sees a mouse run into a room and think Oh a mouse. The media see a mouse run into a room and jump onto the table clutching at their petticoats screaming MOUSE!! The end of the world is here. But nah it's just a mouse and people are just people, all this pretending we should be perfect is nonsense really. I mean look at Sven, I'm sure he used his position to wangle his way into the beds of many women. But fair play to him really, he wouldn't be getting any action otherwise.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »

Interview on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37493794

Bascially Sam accepts entire blame, says he has been silly, says everything was amicable.  Also says entrapment has won.

Headline Allardyce says entrapment has won. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2016, 05:09:22 PM »

Thos isn't the only Allerdyce footage they have. The more damning stuff was filmed this month. I believe he has resigned on the basis of what may be yet to come.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2016, 07:05:34 PM »

I think the FA is partly to blame for not doing their "due diligence" very diligently at all after allegations of Big Sam's connection to at least three bungs were part of the exposee in that Panarama programme a while back.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:32 PM »

It's true I think that the revelations so far don't show him doing much wrong. It's perhaps no different to a guy taking a series of non exec roles in addition to his day job in fat cattery. At a minimum though it's just a bit thick to not appreciate that he's likely to be held to silly standards. And thick is a good enough reason to go imo. Beyond that, there is either more to come or he's had an alarming attack of integrity to leave so meekly

sola virtus nobilitat
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »

Those honeypot stings must be infuriating.  Sitting there on heat trying to compute how the wife has suddenly entered the equation and is screaming at you.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2016, 10:46:27 PM »

Tommy Wright filmed accepting 5k bung

Ceilino also named he has been trying to get Wright all summer from Barnsley.....
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2016, 09:49:11 AM »

I have seen the Hasselbaink footage too and am left a bit confused.  Again, we don't really have context or the full video.  So there is no way of knowing if he is just asking for a fat fee to speak at a dinner in Asia. 

Obviously they have got Tommy Wright much better.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »

The Telegraph video shows Cellino offering to sell 20 per cent of Leeds United to investors who would then take a cut from player transfers

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: