blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 70432 times)
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »

For the overwhelming majority of people practising religion it encourages them to live a good, honest, peaceful life, doing harm to no-one and respecting the beliefs of others.

There are lots of people in the world who find some much solace in their belief in God that it would be utterly inhumane to tell them they are "crazy" or "should be locked up" when they do no-one any harm and are living their lives peacefully

if only religion was a private affair. however religion is organised, powerful and split into groups that cannot coexist with each other and groups that resent those that have no faith.

to take christianity and islam.

both have their holy books. the bible acknowledges mohamed but he is not a prophet.

the koran acknowledges jesus but he is not the son of god.

when you claim to be a christian you deny the prophet mohamed and claim that the koran is a lie.

when you claim to be a muslim you deny that  christ is the son of god and claim that the bible is a lie.

athiests manage to insult both religions equally

the two religions are fundamentally incomparable and mutually offensive. this would be a minor triviality if religions were not so powerful. the head of our church is the head of our state, churches are afforded seats in the house of lords, tax breaks, are allowed to segregate their children from children of other faiths in state schools etc etc. worse we downplay the involvement of religion in terrorist atrocities adding the modifier 'so called...' to ISIS. there is nothing 'so callled...' about their faith. they are undeniably a well organised religious powerhouse. thier faith is not tangential, its integral. and guess what, you cant point to passage in the koran that unequivocally states that their violence, intolerance and hatred is un-islamic. you can interpret some passages differently. but there is no clear way of saying 'this behaviour is unnaceptable for a muslim, and here's the passage to prove it...' without someone else pointing to another passage and saying 'yes, but...'

the religious state of mind is morally weak, and it is a problem for all of us now.

it maybe only a minority of musllims who are extremists capable of murder, but there is a  larger proportion that reserve the right not to be insulted - the danish embassies in at least four countries were attacked by mobs offended by cartoons for example.
 -
only a minority of christians are white extremists but until recently the catholic church told people it was a sin to use a condom - and that condoms do not prevent the spread of HIV - and it still views gay sex as a sin. AND it was powerful enough to cover up what amounted to systemic pedophilia and child abuse for, what, decades, centuries?

i dont know the answer but steering the question away from religion isnt the way forward
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2017, 12:13:12 AM »

if these attacks start happening each week
what do people think will happen?
keep beating them with music, change facebook pictures, what
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2017, 12:26:32 AM »

if these attacks start happening each week
what do people think will happen?
keep beating them with music, change facebook pictures, what

Well, the flood of gibberish doesn't seem to do any good.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2017, 12:30:11 AM »

but if these attacks do start every week, which running people down in vans cant really be stopped at the moment, whats the solution?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2017, 12:37:42 AM »

Ban cars.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2017, 07:32:21 AM »

Ban cars.

Cars aren't the problem it's pedestrians

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »

worth a read

especially after reading some in this thread!

"The express goal of ISIS terror is radicalizing the non-Muslim West against Muslims and Muslims against "the West".

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/17/islamic-states-goal-eliminating-the-grayzone-of-coexistence-between-muslims-and-the-west/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »

Whitehall says increase in threats on 'unprecedented scale' - 13 terror plots btw 2013 + March 2017, since then, 8 in 70 days

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »

The washingtonpost seem to have us right...

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »

not a dry eye in our house....

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »

Westminster Bridge this morning: concrete blocks and metal barriers to protect pedestrians.

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2017, 10:46:19 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUYcyXTTfHE[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaSpGZPFDU

Divided opinion about islam by 2 muslims but either way what does the future hold? are we going to see western cites added to this list on a regular basis? and where does it all end? It will be interesting to see what measures the government take now.

Watched that the other day. I don't think the 2 videos show divided opinions but they come from different perspectives for sure in  the particular addresses we've picked out and I can take both their tickets as being more knowledgeable than my views. Oh man, no idea where it all goes from here.

sola virtus nobilitat
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

@teddy.

I definitely am not suggesting that religion is not a massively relevant factor in this "war".  Whatever you think of religion, or Islam these acts are committed in the name of that religion and it's completely relevant, before we stop them we will have to understand that.

What I am saying is that we don't blame Islam, or religion for these terror acts, accept the involvement they have in them, absolutely, but blame them, 100% no.

When people start saying things like "Religion is to blame for all these wars" or "Muslims are the problem" then we have played directly into the hands of the terrorists whilst simultaneously been very unfair to a large number of people who are very good, peaceful people and deserve the fingers pointed at them and their beliefs as much as I do.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2017, 05:48:15 PM »

We'll put, I agree completely with you
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/thetommyrobinson/videos/1027617387374315/

Is there anything in this video that anyone disagrees with?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: