blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Manchester Arena bombing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester Arena bombing  (Read 70438 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »

Oh like there's another group in the world capable of killing innocent children at a pop concert by suicide bomber is there?
I think the IRA have form for blowing up innocents but they're white and Catholic so it's Ok.

Cymru am byth
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 11:02:35 AM »

Oh like there's another group in the world capable of killing innocent children at a pop concert by suicide bomber is there?
I think the IRA have form for blowing up innocents but they're white and Catholic so it's Ok.

The IRA never targetted apop concert where the vast majority of those in attendance were kids. 

And being Catholic had nothing to do with it, don't be fooled into believing the lies of the establishment media. 

Catholics were not responsible for the RA just like Muslims are not responsible for ISIS and Al Quaeda.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »

1 this hasn't happened in America 2. How many of them in America did it by means of suicide nail bomb?
100% Muslim and you know it

He may have thought he was, but his actions have showed otherwise. 

Regards

The religion of Islamic terrorists is no mere coincidence or tengental personality quirk. It's a fundermental part of the chain of events that leads a man to feel killing himself whilst murdering prepubescent girls is a morally good action.

The IRA were Catholic but their political beliefs were the driving factor. Care to lay odds on eg an IRA terrorist praying in the week before planting a bomb? How would you price up for a Muslim terrorist praying in the week before blowing himself up.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »

Why is it that we can jail Mothers who don't send their kids to school but we can't deport individuals and families who kill people?
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »

1 this hasn't happened in America 2. How many of them in America did it by means of suicide nail bomb?
100% Muslim and you know it

He may have thought he was, but his actions have showed otherwise. 

Regards

The religion of Islamic terrorists is no mere coincidence or tengental personality quirk. It's a fundermental part of the chain of events that leads a man to feel killing himself whilst murdering prepubescent girls is a morally good action.

The IRA were Catholic but their political beliefs were the driving factor. Care to lay odds on eg an IRA terrorist praying in the week before planting a bomb? How would you price up for a Muslim terrorist praying in the week before blowing himself up.

Care to lay odds on a british politician praying before ordering a shoot to kill operation or before ordering a drone strike on a muslim wedding.

Islam/Muslims are not responsible for the crazy elements of their religion just like Christianity isn't responsible for the reprehensible indiduals who have carried out mass murder on other groupings. 

The  ignorance and casual racism on display really saddens me.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »

Watching the media coverage of this gives you a feel for people. 

The top cop in Manchester and the new Mayor Andy Burnham clearly looked upset by the events. 

Theresa May showing strong and stable leadership with a scripted speech, no sign of empathy. 

The death toll is likely to rise in the coming hours, I'mnot religious at all, but if there is a God, I hope he is looking after all those impacted by this horrible event.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 11:31:38 AM »

dont hope that hes doing anything
there are no gods
religions the problem
down with religion
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 12:14:51 PM »

I'm not saying a religion causes this murder. But that it is a necessary component of it in a way it wasn't for the IRA.

I dont think religious belief factored into Irish terrorism much at all other than as another label / type of otherness and difference from.

hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »

Taken from Facebook

If you're going to use what happened last night in Manchester an opportunity to spread vitriol and try to divide this amazing city by way of colour or religion, I'd like to point you in the direction of all the Muslim doctors and nurses who worked through to daylight caring for those who had been hurt, to the Asian taxi drivers who suspended all charges helping people get out of the city, to the Black security staff around the M.E.N Arena who risked their own lives to make sure everyone else was safe before they left the area themselves. This is a city built on diversity, a city that embraces and grows alongside the cultures that form in it. But more importantly this is Home. We won't be divided.

I am a british muslim who lives close to Manchester.  No doubt we will all be tarred with the same brush again, thats already clear judging by what I have seen on social media today. 

To anyone who generalises, get to know a real muslim first - I am happy to meet anyone on here for tea and a sticky bun
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »

Why is it that we can jail Mothers who don't send their kids to school but we can't deport individuals and families who kill people?

Well criminals have to serve their sentence here before they can be deported, the same as if we get jailed abroad. Unfortunately it's often not in our judges' hands to decree if foreign nationals or illegal immigrants get deported after they have served their sentence.

Anyway, you can't deport British people.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/manchester-suicide-attacker-was-known-to-security-services-but-not-thought-to-pose-immediate-threat-a3546401.html

'was known'
if hes 'known' to security services, get rid before hes thought to pose a threat
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »

Not sure if serious. 

Do you have any idea how many people will be known to the security services? 
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »

The IRA never targetted apop concert where the vast majority of those in attendance were kids. 

And being Catholic had nothing to do with it, don't be fooled into believing the lies of the establishment media. 

Catholics were not responsible for the RA just like Muslims are not responsible for ISIS and Al Quaeda.
My point here being that terrorists by definition target the innocent. So whether it's Manchester,Warrington,London Underground or Eniskillen, it's all reprehensible. People seem to have forgotten how much pain and misery the IRA caused so I find it laughable when people say ban Islam,ban Muslims and knock down Mosques. By that reckoning, there should be no Catholics or Catholic Churches in Britain because of the IRA. But that would be stupid but OK to inflict on Muslims. I despair sometimes.

Cymru am byth
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »

Americans have got a pretty strong record in mass killings of innocent people.

Just let it play out.  The killer is likely to be a moron regardless.

Firstly , prayers and thoughts to the victims and loved ones. What a sad sad time

As regards the people involved in carrying out the atrocities they can come from any walk of life but statistics indicate they will probably be ill-educated, from a poor and desperate back ground or medically ill. . These people are at their lowest point so often turn to drink and drugs or find solace in religion or cults.

These are the people that are vulnerable to indoctrination because they feel they have nothing much left to live for . So whilst a moronic and inhumane act I would suggest they have been so brainwashed they are incapable of identifying their true crime and the heart wrenching pain created.

The question what is the solution to prevent it ? Im not so sure there is one.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2017, 03:04:35 PM »

Taken from Facebook

If you're going to use what happened last night in Manchester an opportunity to spread vitriol and try to divide this amazing city by way of colour or religion, I'd like to point you in the direction of all the Muslim doctors and nurses who worked through to daylight caring for those who had been hurt, to the Asian taxi drivers who suspended all charges helping people get out of the city, to the Black security staff around the M.E.N Arena who risked their own lives to make sure everyone else was safe before they left the area themselves. This is a city built on diversity, a city that embraces and grows alongside the cultures that form in it. But more importantly this is Home. We won't be divided.

I am a british muslim who lives close to Manchester.  No doubt we will all be tarred with the same brush again, thats already clear judging by what I have seen on social media today. 

To anyone who generalises, get to know a real muslim first - I am happy to meet anyone on here for tea and a sticky bun

You realise that being white is also a race, how about those wonderful doctors/nurse/taxi drivers/security guards that just did their jobs too. Your quote starts by not wanting to divide the city by race then compliments select racial groups only for doing what any other normal human being would do.

If anything your quote is actually stereotyping racial groups!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: