blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 302162 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 11:56:36 AM »

Haha, my bad

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 12:43:58 PM »

This one looks a cracker. 

https://uetoken.com/

Love the symbol. 

Intrinsic value = 0.  FACT

Apologies for the absense of technobabble. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »

Nice to see FACT making a comeback.

I miss M3boy.

Still occasionally see Paul in Luton, he's much less grumpy than he used to be

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »

I miss M3boy.

Yes. He and I used to clash a lot but he's mellowed and I've grown up a bit since then.

PS- Is it He and I or him and me? Has to be he and I surely?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:31:26 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »

CC's (crypto currencies) are like money in some ways so they have to fulfill 3 parts (warning economic 101 lesson)

Medium of exchange - this is a way of transferring a sum of wealth from one entity to another, this could be me buying a mars bar from a shop and paying with it for cash, or transferring £50 to a friend via PayPal. CCs are good at the second of these but not the first at the moment.

Store of value - if I put £100 in a bank account for 1 year at 1% I know I will get back £101 in 365 days. If I buy gold or a share in Apple or some CC I don't know what it will be worth in 1 year - it may go up or not. CC is not a reliable store of value.

Unit of account - this is 2 parties knowing how much something is worth using money as the describing factor. CC is arguably good at this in the short term if both parties know it's current price.

Some discussion of CCs does not clarify which of the features of money CCs are trying to fulfill. They are better at some than others.

If it ever manages to stabilise a bit to somewhere in line with normal currency fluctuations I can see it being hugely beneficial. Whilst it remains so swingy I think most people would rather know that they're being charged a 1% transaction fee than take a gamble on a 5% or more daily swing.

Say someone wanted to send me 150,000 Transalvakian rupees which currently trade at £1 = 1TVR.

As it's a rare currency which some of you may never have heard of it's going to take a while via the banking system and no doubt cost me a few quid.

If I decided to do this through bitcoin is there a method that they can purchase 150,000TVR worth of BTC send that to me and I sell my BTC in a short enough time frame that I can pretty much guarantee getting my full £150,000?

If that can be done it's pretty awesome. Any delay though even if it's a matter of minutes could cost (or of course gain) thousands and possibly put me off and make me wait the 5 days and take the £1500 fee on the chin.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »

I miss M3boy.

Yes. He and I used to clash a lot but he's mellowed and I've grown up a bit since then.

100% he and I or you could talk like a normal person and say 'We'

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »

I miss M3boy.

100% he and I or you could talk like a normal person and say 'We'

Lol. It never even occurred to me to say we.

The older I get, the better I was.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »

If I decided to do this through bitcoin is there a method that they can purchase 150,000TVR worth of BTC send that to me and I sell my BTC in a short enough time frame that I can pretty much guarantee getting my full £150,000?

Hmm yes and no. I'm not saying that this is all possible right now but he could buy some bitcoin pretty quick and send it. Currently it's not instant in fact there are problems that will be sorted in the future but yes, it will be very fast (5 minutes). It would also probably cost you about £2 in fees. Another problem occurs that you'll never get the perfect rate if you're transfering from your own currency to another because your bank/credit card will charge you somehow and/or the company you are buying the coin from won't give you a perfect rate. One way this is being worked on is a credit card that can be used in any currency with a very small charge (the credit card is somehow linked to a crypto, it's a work in progress).

So short answer: yes. Not quite as short answer: we have some serious obstacles.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2017, 05:31:29 AM »

New exchange Binance just went live.... https://www.binance.com

Should interest you Dan as it has AntShares/NEO as one of 5 coins on there along side BTC / LTC /ETH /BNB.

In both Chinese and English.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »

So it's been dying recently...

Bubble burst or good time to buy?

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2017, 03:03:06 PM »

So it's been dying recently...

Bubble burst or good time to buy?

I'm gutted I invested my maximum already otherwise I would most definitely be investing more. Many alternative coins are bloody cheap now!

Of course it could be tulipmania like some people say Smiley

<3 ENSUING
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2017, 08:19:05 PM »

Random co launches an ICO, to be paid for with etherium - hacker takes over website and points buyers his his wallet. $6m plus later he is discovered.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-17/coindash-says-hacker-stole-7-million-at-initial-coin-offering

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »

Random co launches an ICO, to be paid for with etherium - hacker takes over website and points buyers his his wallet. $6m plus later he is discovered.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-17/coindash-says-hacker-stole-7-million-at-initial-coin-offering

Yep absolutely shocking. Not really positive news for crypto but it was overdue with the amount of blind money being thrown at ICO's. There needs to be something done about the countless ICO's and the ease of scamming involved with them. In my opinion this "hacker" was in on the job.

<3 ENSUING
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2017, 02:42:05 AM »

Yep absolutely shocking. Not really positive news for crypto but it was overdue with the amount of blind money being thrown at ICO's. There needs to be something done about the countless ICO's and the ease of scamming involved with them. In my opinion this "hacker" was in on the job.

Coindash CEO Alon Muroch has been involved in a scam previously having been on the development team for GetGems..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905500.0
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2017, 07:27:45 AM »

I think I am going to create a tulip ICO - must be in the valuation range of this:

Click to see full-size image.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: